Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is Covid now over?

+12
Whitesince63
okocha
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
Bolton Nuts
Cajunboy
BoltonTillIDie
karlypants
dutchwhites63
wanderlust
boltonbonce
Sluffy
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 11]

161Is Covid now over? - Page 9 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Sun Aug 13, 2023 2:33 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

karlypants wrote:After reading in the paper last week about the latest variant that is out and with it spreading easy due to people's immune systems weakening, well i'm sad to say that we all have covid again.

Whilst it may be giving me symptoms of a bad cold with a sore throat, everyone feel sorry for me.

My nose won't stop dripping like a tap and may have to pop out to get some balsam tissues to ease my hooter. Shocked

At least you have it on good authority that you didn't catch Covid this time from your child because as W63 told us that it is impossible to do so...

Obviously you must not be able to catch a cold from a child either then...

What's the difference between COVID-19 and the common cold?

Both COVID-19 and the common cold are caused by viruses. COVID-19 is caused by SARS-CoV-2, while the common cold is most often caused by rhinoviruses. All of these viruses spread in similar ways and cause many of the same symptoms. However, there are a few differences.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/in-depth/covid-19-cold-flu-and-allergies-differences/art-20503981#

Nevertheless hope you are all well soon.

Also hope you are now fully recovered and back to the best of health from your major trauma from some months back?

162Is Covid now over? - Page 9 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Sun Aug 13, 2023 3:04 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
At least you have it on good authority that you didn't catch Covid this time from your child because as W63 told us that it is impossible to do so...

It still tickles me today that. Laughing

Also hope you are now fully recovered and back to the best of health from your major trauma from some months back?

Yes i'm a million miles from how I was around 12 months ago.

I was thinking depressive thoughts after I had my stroke but now looking to the future.

I will be taking a few more months out recovery wise and then I will be getting back to work.

Thanks for asking. Smile

163Is Covid now over? - Page 9 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Sun Aug 13, 2023 4:23 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Brilliant news, I'm so pleased for you and your family!

164Is Covid now over? - Page 9 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:55 am

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Brilliant news, I'm so pleased for you and your family!

You never know when your time is up and this puts things in to perspective. Make the most of the time you have!

165Is Covid now over? - Page 9 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Mon Aug 14, 2023 10:23 am

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Glad to hear you're on the mend KP, you don't have to answer but how old are you? I'm in my 50's now and everything health wise seems to be on the slide, getting old is shit  Crying or Very sad

166Is Covid now over? - Page 9 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Mon Aug 14, 2023 10:33 am

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You are a bit in front of me. I'm 39 Very Happy

167Is Covid now over? - Page 9 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Mon Aug 14, 2023 10:52 am

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Glad to hear you're on the mend KP, you don't have to answer but how old are you? I'm in my 50's now and everything health wise seems to be on the slide, getting old is shit  Crying or Very sad
Shut your gob! Neutral

Is Covid now over? - Page 9 Senior-walking-with-a-cane

168Is Covid now over? - Page 9 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:00 am

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very Happy

169Is Covid now over? - Page 9 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:01 am

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I need to retire like you Boncey but that's at least 10years off. Either that or i get a new job  Crying or Very sad

There's a few people i worked with who retired in the last few years and when they pop back in they always look so relaxed and healthier.

170Is Covid now over? - Page 9 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:58 am

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sluffy wrote:

Both COVID-19 and the common cold are caused by viruses. COVID-19 is caused by SARS-CoV-2, while the common cold is most often caused by rhinoviruses. All of these viruses spread in similar ways and cause many of the same symptoms. However, there are a few differences.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/in-depth/covid-19-cold-flu-and-allergies-differences/art-20503981#

Well my quote might still tickle you Karly but neither you nor our Covid expert Sluffy, or anyone else for that matter, has quoted me one factual case anywhere in the world where it has been “proved” that Covid has been passed from a child to an adult. Instead of trying to ridicule maybe you should do some investigation to prove me wrong. 🤔

171Is Covid now over? - Page 9 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:01 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Well my quote might still tickle you Karly but neither you nor our Covid expert Sluffy, or anyone else for that matter, has quoted me one factual case anywhere in the world where it has been “proved” that Covid has been passed from a child to an adult. Instead of trying to ridicule maybe you should do some investigation to prove me wrong. 🤔

It’s quite simple. My son brought it home from school and passed it on.

End of story. Very Happy

I always thought you were a bit more intelligent than that 63. The virus does not discriminate.

Last edited by karlypants on Mon Aug 14, 2023 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Can't get my words out. Must be the drink)

172Is Covid now over? - Page 9 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Mon Aug 14, 2023 3:51 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:Well my quote might still tickle you Karly but neither you nor our Covid expert Sluffy, or anyone else for that matter, has quoted me one factual case anywhere in the world where it has been “proved” that Covid has been passed from a child to an adult. Instead of trying to ridicule maybe you should do some investigation to prove me wrong. 🤔

Is Covid now over? - Page 9 5e62672e24f5f0bbace9e53d4450acb2666cec85

173Is Covid now over? - Page 9 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Mon Aug 14, 2023 3:52 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I'm no Covid expert 63, I merely quote those who are, in this case the Mayo Clinic...

Mayo Clinic

Mayo Clinic (/ˈmeɪjoʊ/) is a nonprofit American academic medical center focused on integrated health care, education, and research.[1] It employs over 4,500 physicians and scientists, along with another 58,400 administrative and allied health staff, across three major campuses: Rochester, Minnesota; Jacksonville, Florida; and Phoenix/Scottsdale, Arizona.[2][3] The practice specializes in treating difficult cases through tertiary care and destination medicine. It is home to the top-15 ranked Mayo Clinic Alix School of Medicine in addition to many of the highest regarded residency education programs in the United States.[4][5][6] It spends over $660 million a year on research and has more than 3,000 full-time research personnel.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mayo_Clinic

The thing with you 63, if I may say so, is that often you ask to see the 'experts' reports - such as in this matter - but then condemn them when they do NOT confirm your fixed beliefs - such as on global warming and the effect to the economy if the Brexit option was successful in the referendum.

You simply reject out of hand experts reports contrary to whatever your 'belief' on the matter is.

In short you deny their findings when they don't agree with what you want to hear.

You claim you have an open mind, indeed I believe you really think you have, but in reality you simply don't - you reject out of hand the facts that don't fit with what is essentially your political beliefs.

In simple terms you have been indoctrinated in what to believe by the political party rhetoric you follow.

I'm not saying you've been brainwashed into some form of a zombie or something, what I am trying to say is that your belief is such that you don't question it - that it is right and everything that says other, is wrong.

Indoctrinate
verb
past tense: indoctrinated; past participle: indoctrinated

Teach (a person or group) to accept a set of beliefs uncritically.

Similar: brainwash

(Google - indoctrinated meaning)

The precise boundary between education and indoctrination often lies in the eye of the beholder. Some distinguish indoctrination from education on the basis that the indoctrinated person is expected not to question or critically examine the doctrine they have learned.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indoctrination

Back to the Mayo Clinic experts - you catch a cold and catch Covid in more or less the same ways - that is an undisputable fact.

We all know you can catch a cold from kids.

We all know we can catch Covid from people.

Why then don't you believe that you can't catch Covid from children?

It seems that Covid was more devastating to the immune systems of the elderly and that deaths of children under the age of 18 from Covid was virtually non existent.

Children did catch Covid however - lots of them!

Covid infections leapt in all age groups when the kids went back to school after lockdowns - the government experts advice was to keep your kids away from their grandparents - why do you think that might have been?

Covid is now more or less like catching a cold is, they both can kill some of the old and vulnerable still but just as a cold Covid is now no longer feared by society as a whole.

If you don't want to believe Karly didn't catch Covid from his then that's up to you, I'm pretty sure Norpig caught Covid from his children, my nephew told me he caught it from his son.

Millions of people did - but you believe what you want.

My line of thinking is that you catch Covid in a similar way that you catch a cold, that you can catch a cold from children, then why can't you catch Covid then from children?

If people all around you are telling you they caught Covid from their kids, and that you had to not breath in other peoples breath (face masks, keep your distance, etc) if you wanted to avoid catching Covid - wouldn't you start to question why Boris (or where ever you got it from?) says children could not pass it on (particularly when the advice is to keep grandchildren away from the elderly)???

I would.

Anyway all water under the bridge now.

174Is Covid now over? - Page 9 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:50 pm

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sluffy, I’ve never denied global warming nor the fact that high levels of CO2 as a greenhouse gas can affect the climate. I neither question that fossil fuels contribute to the levels of CO2 in the atmosphere but I do seriously question whether anything we do here can make a noticeable difference. We’re already way ahead of most other countries and so we’ve basically already made a huge contribution at great cost to the economy. Whatever we do by 2050 will make not one jot of difference to either the planet or the climate despite huge disruption and in my opinion unnecessary cost to the country. I’m all for moving to renewables when the technology allows but we’re miles from that yet and these totally arbitrary dates for net zero created by governments are bound to fail I’m afraid.

As for Brexit, of course it’s affected us financially, I’ve never denied that either but we were members for 50 years so naturally there would need to be adjustments. Talk to me in another 45 years and then we’ll see, though I doubt the EU will even exist then. 

As for Covid, despite your best efforts you still haven’t quoted me one confirmed, factual case of a child passing Covid to an adult. Karly, I’m afraid the fact that you caught Covid, which could have been from anywhere, is not proof that it was from your child. You may believe it to be but I’m afraid scientifically it’s worthless. Look it’s a pointless discussion because you believe what you believe but to date there has not been one single defined case anywhere of a child transmitting Covid to an adult unless you can find me one. 🤗

175Is Covid now over? - Page 9 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:55 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What a load of shit.

176Is Covid now over? - Page 9 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:10 pm

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

WS63 you are an absolute crackpot  Rolling Eyes

177Is Covid now over? - Page 9 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:54 am

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Whitesince63 wrote:Sluffy, I’ve never denied global warming nor the fact that high levels of CO2 as a greenhouse gas can affect the climate. I neither question that fossil fuels contribute to the levels of CO2 in the atmosphere but I do seriously question whether anything we do here can make a noticeable difference. We’re already way ahead of most other countries and so we’ve basically already made a huge contribution at great cost to the economy. Whatever we do by 2050 will make not one jot of difference to either the planet or the climate despite huge disruption and in my opinion unnecessary cost to the country. I’m all for moving to renewables when the technology allows but we’re miles from that yet and these totally arbitrary dates for net zero created by governments are bound to fail I’m afraid.

As for Brexit, of course it’s affected us financially, I’ve never denied that either but we were members for 50 years so naturally there would need to be adjustments. Talk to me in another 45 years and then we’ll see, though I doubt the EU will even exist then. 

As for Covid, despite your best efforts you still haven’t quoted me one confirmed, factual case of a child passing Covid to an adult. Karly, I’m afraid the fact that you caught Covid, which could have been from anywhere, is not proof that it was from your child. You may believe it to be but I’m afraid scientifically it’s worthless. Look it’s a pointless discussion because you believe what you believe but to date there has not been one single defined case anywhere of a child transmitting Covid to an adult unless you can find me one. 🤗

I'm sorry 63 but you aren't exactly telling the whole truth here, are you?

I could if I wished, go back through your posts on global warming where you repeatedly refused to accept that it was man made in the current event but claimed time and time again it was just another periodic cycle the Earth was going through.

I think you now accept fully that this cycle can be proved to be from burning fossil fuel and releasing CO2 (Carbon Dioxide) into the atmosphere - the 'fingerprint' if you like is that this type of CO2 has a specific isotope that can only come from the burning of fossil fuels.

You are correct that the UK alone can not stop global warming by ourselves but if WE don't make a stand, then why would anyone else do so - they'd only say 'practice what you preach' and how can you tell us to stop burning fossil fuels when you carry on burning them yourselves?

As for Brexit what you say about things might be much better in 45 years may well be true - I doubt I'll be around to see it - but Brexit was intended to 'Make Britain Great Again' if you forgive me for slightly misusing Trumps catchphrase - almost from day 1, and certainly within a few years of leaving the EU, on the basis we were no longer tied to the EU bureaucracy and could negotiate much better deals for ourselves!

That clearly hasn't happened and there is nothing on the horizon that it ever will.

As for Covid this is what the experts are saying from last month (12th June, 2023)...

European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control

An agency of the European Union

Questions and answers on COVID-19: Children aged 1 – 18 years

Most children do not develop symptoms when infected with the virus or they develop a very mild form of COVID-19. However, research has shown that children can become infected and can spread the virus to other children and adults while they are infectious.

https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/covid-19/questions-answers/questions-answers-school-transmission#:~:text=Most%20children%20do%20not%20develop,adults%20while%20they%20are%20infectious.

The European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC) is an agency of the European Union (EU) whose mission is to strengthen Europe's defences against infectious diseases.[2] It covers a wide spectrum of activities, such as: surveillance, epidemic intelligence, response, scientific advice, microbiology, preparedness, public health training, international relations, health communication, and the scientific journal Eurosurveillance.[3] The centre was established in 2004 and is headquartered in Solna, Sweden.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Centre_for_Disease_Prevention_and_Control

Satisfied now...?

You might wish to consider proffering Karly an apology as it would seems to me that you were pretty much calling him a liar about catching Covid from his child...

That's how I read it anyway.

178Is Covid now over? - Page 9 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:19 am

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was going to post the same link Sluffy. Talking of apologies i think you owe Hip Priest one after reading your reply to him on the nepotism thread, it was a bit much i think.

179Is Covid now over? - Page 9 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:22 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

You're entitled to your opinion.

I stand by what I've said.

He is a tit if he doesn't want to believe the facts put before one of the highest courts in the land.

That's my opinion - and I consider it to be a reasonable and fair one too.

180Is Covid now over? - Page 9 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:26 am

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Well done Sluffy if you’ve found evidence with children that’s proof through research which I’d never seen. I don’t think I ever called Karly a liar, nor would I, just questioned whether assuming he’d caught it from his offspring was proof, which of course it’s not. 

As for net zero, look away as I’ve never once questioned that fossil fuel burning doesn’t add to CO2 emissions just that it is a contributor and not the only one by any means. I don’t want to deepen the argument by questioning the point about it being proved that fossil fuels are the major contributor because again I’ve heard other views which never get the publicity that the “Blob” gets because that’s what they want you to hear. As for us doing our bit to encourage others, I’d say we’ve more than done our bit so far and whilst I fully agree that we should move towards renewables when technology permits, I see it as wreckless and unnecessary to impoverish our population trying to virtue signal that we’ve done it first. It’s utter stupidity to try to stick to arbitrary dates that were never properly thought through when it’s clear the major polluters, including the USA have no intention of meeting similar timescales.

Finally on Brexit because frankly there’s no point continuing to labour the point, the negotiated/capitulated deal br Traitor May, the bulk of which Boris was left with, was not what Leavers anticipated. The submission from the start by May to keep the EU as close as possible was wrong and put us on the back foot from the start. Everything we have today, or should I say don’t have today, stems from that initial failure and given our Tory (supposed Tory) governments reluctance to implement most of the benefits of leaving we have the unsatisfactory situation we have now. Anyway, like I said, it will take generations to validate our leaving one way or the other but the one big satisfaction I do have is that we don’t any longer fork out silly money to Brussels for their crazy plans and we now have a sovereign Parliament making our laws for good or bad. Sadly bad at the moment but at least we get to vote these numpties out and hold their feet to the fire even if the next lot are as bad or worse which Labour undoubtedly would be.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum