Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Is Covid now over?

Is Covid now over?

+8
Biggie
Cajunboy
BoltonTillIDie
karlypants
dutchwhites63
wanderlust
boltonbonce
Sluffy
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 8]

141Is Covid now over? - Page 8 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Tue Mar 15 2022, 12:52

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Yes, hope you are well over your Covid now Karly.

I thought this was interesting, looks as though China is going back into lockdowns again!

China: Businesses shut as officials widen Covid lockdowns

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-60703301

Full story in link above but this sums it up -

Is Covid now over? - Page 8 _116722867_robinbrant_tr-nc

It feels like China has gone backwards. Two years backwards. To the early days of the outbreak that first emerged here.

Drastic measures are being imposed - again - on a large scale, to try to contain the virus. An entire province has been sealed off.

The lockdown of Jilin is similar in so many ways to Hubei in early 2020; the area of China where it all began.

Shenzhen, the globally important tech hub (where your iPad was most likely made) is also a city in lockdown.

Shanghai - where I am writing this - home to 24 million people, is a nervous place. All schools are closed, children are learning online, increasingly people are working from home.

Some compounds where people live are enforcing strict rules on who can come in. Deliveries are being sprayed with disinfectant again at the gates.

It's all part of the ongoing effort to maintain/retain/regain China's "dynamic zero-Covid" strategy - a goal that has been boosted by the mass roll-out of China's homemade vaccines, and that has been helped hugely by effectively shutting China's borders.

But now that goal is being significantly undermined by the Omicron variant.

Doesn't really say much about their vaccine if they have supposedly jabbed all their population already and are having to literally lockdown millions of people for fear of the much milder Omicron version of Covid, does it?

142Is Covid now over? - Page 8 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Wed Mar 16 2022, 11:32

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sorry Nat, Sluffy, I didn't see your messages for some reason.

I've had a packet of chocolate hob nobs with a few brews so now back to normal thankfully. Very Happy

143Is Covid now over? - Page 8 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Wed Mar 16 2022, 12:00

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

4 months after contracting Covid my daughter has no sense of taste. Took her out to dinner at a nice restaurant last week and she was still wearing her gym clothes.

144Is Covid now over? - Page 8 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Wed Mar 16 2022, 12:02

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:4 months after contracting Covid my daughter has no sense of taste. Took her out to dinner at a nice restaurant last week and she was still wearing her gym clothes.

Laughing

145Is Covid now over? - Page 8 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Wed Mar 16 2022, 12:53

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:4 months after contracting Covid my daughter has no sense of taste. Took her out to dinner at a nice restaurant last week and she was still wearing her gym clothes.

Very Happy

146Is Covid now over? - Page 8 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Tue Mar 22 2022, 16:11

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Hope you were wearing a cravat.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum