Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is Covid now over?

+12
Whitesince63
okocha
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
Bolton Nuts
Cajunboy
BoltonTillIDie
karlypants
dutchwhites63
wanderlust
boltonbonce
Sluffy
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 11]

141Is Covid now over? - Page 8 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:52 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Yes, hope you are well over your Covid now Karly.

I thought this was interesting, looks as though China is going back into lockdowns again!

China: Businesses shut as officials widen Covid lockdowns

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-60703301

Full story in link above but this sums it up -

Is Covid now over? - Page 8 _116722867_robinbrant_tr-nc

It feels like China has gone backwards. Two years backwards. To the early days of the outbreak that first emerged here.

Drastic measures are being imposed - again - on a large scale, to try to contain the virus. An entire province has been sealed off.

The lockdown of Jilin is similar in so many ways to Hubei in early 2020; the area of China where it all began.

Shenzhen, the globally important tech hub (where your iPad was most likely made) is also a city in lockdown.

Shanghai - where I am writing this - home to 24 million people, is a nervous place. All schools are closed, children are learning online, increasingly people are working from home.

Some compounds where people live are enforcing strict rules on who can come in. Deliveries are being sprayed with disinfectant again at the gates.

It's all part of the ongoing effort to maintain/retain/regain China's "dynamic zero-Covid" strategy - a goal that has been boosted by the mass roll-out of China's homemade vaccines, and that has been helped hugely by effectively shutting China's borders.

But now that goal is being significantly undermined by the Omicron variant.

Doesn't really say much about their vaccine if they have supposedly jabbed all their population already and are having to literally lockdown millions of people for fear of the much milder Omicron version of Covid, does it?

142Is Covid now over? - Page 8 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:32 am

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sorry Nat, Sluffy, I didn't see your messages for some reason.

I've had a packet of chocolate hob nobs with a few brews so now back to normal thankfully. Very Happy

143Is Covid now over? - Page 8 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:00 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

4 months after contracting Covid my daughter has no sense of taste. Took her out to dinner at a nice restaurant last week and she was still wearing her gym clothes.

144Is Covid now over? - Page 8 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:02 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:4 months after contracting Covid my daughter has no sense of taste. Took her out to dinner at a nice restaurant last week and she was still wearing her gym clothes.

Laughing

145Is Covid now over? - Page 8 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:53 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:4 months after contracting Covid my daughter has no sense of taste. Took her out to dinner at a nice restaurant last week and she was still wearing her gym clothes.

Very Happy

146Is Covid now over? - Page 8 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:11 pm

Cajunboy

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hope you were wearing a cravat.

147Is Covid now over? - Page 8 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:39 am

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The Mrs has just tested positive this morning for COVID again.

Has anyone else had it twice or more?

148Is Covid now over? - Page 8 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:45 am

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

karlypants wrote:The Mrs has just tested positive this morning for COVID again.

I haven’t had it at all but I do know someone who has had it four times.

149Is Covid now over? - Page 8 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:45 am

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My sister in law has just caught it for the second time and she's feeling worse second time around.

We;ve been told in our department at the hospital that we have to wear masks again for the next 2 weeks as the number staff who have caught it has started to rise again.

150Is Covid now over? - Page 8 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:52 am

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote:

Four times! That must be a record!

151Is Covid now over? - Page 8 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:43 am

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Hope she's soon well.

Covid has been on the rise for the last few weeks now, the tweet from this bloke who keeps an eye on the Covid stats for England (note not the UK total figure) shows how they've gone up fourfold in just 5 weeks (AND doing so in the middle of summer which is the 'safest' period for NOT catching Covid!).

The spread is reckoned to be from yet another mutation of Omicron (version IV I think it is up to now?) which is caught more easily than the other versions BUT crucially is no more harmful than the previous ones where.

In a sort of way it probably is kind of better to catch it now in the sense that  unless you are one of those at risk, then it is unlikely to kill you or need the hospital, is generally mild and gives you that bit more herd protection for the next 6 months or more.

Not that I would deliberately go out and catch it myself though!

Hope she is well and recovers soon.

152Is Covid now over? - Page 8 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:24 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
finlaymcdanger wrote:

Four times! That must be a record!

Christ! Shocked

153Is Covid now over? - Page 8 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:28 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

Hope she's soon well.

Covid has been on the rise for the last few weeks now, the tweet from this bloke who keeps an eye on the Covid stats for England (note not the UK total figure) shows how they've gone up fourfold in just 5 weeks (AND doing so in the middle of summer which is the 'safest' period for NOT catching Covid!).

The spread is reckoned to be from yet another mutation of Omicron (version IV I think it is up to now?) which is caught more easily than the other versions BUT crucially is no more harmful than the previous ones were.

In a sort of way it probably is kind of better to catch it now in the sense that  unless you are one of those at risk, then it is unlikely to kill you or need the hospital, is generally mild and gives you that bit more herd protection for the next 6 months or more.

Not that I would deliberately go out and catch it myself though!

Hope she is well and recovers soon.

Thanks Sluffy.

We got it the first time round mid March so it's given us around 3 months protection from it in that sense.

She's doing fine just the usual runny nose, muscle aches and a cough.

But it's looking like I have got it again now from another test I have done with the way I am starting to feel although not unduly worried by it now in all honesty.

The thing I find weird though is that every time we have tested positive we have always had a faint line on the test and not a real striking one.

154Is Covid now over? - Page 8 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:31 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think it's probably a good time for us to get it now with us going away in August it it gives us approximately 3 months or so protection.

155Is Covid now over? - Page 8 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Fri Jul 15, 2022 4:37 pm

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

156Is Covid now over? - Page 8 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Fri Jul 15, 2022 4:46 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Yes I've always been following what Covid has been getting up to and why (it's because the newest two versions of Omicron spread far quicker than the earlier ones).

The good news though is this...

The Covid waves we've had this year have infected incredible numbers of people.
Go back to January 2021 and the highest number of people infected in the ONS weekly surveys was 1.2 million.
Already this year we've had a wave cap out at 4.9 million at the end of March and now one at 3.5 million and climbing.
And yet we're seeing nowhere near the levels of severe illness.
The number needing ventilation in intensive care went above 3,700 in England alone in January 2021.
The equivalent figure now - in a much bigger wave - is just 274.

...and this...

Hospital admissions of people in England with Covid are also rising, but that increase is showing signs of slowing down.
The rate of admissions stood at 17.9 per 100,000 people in the week ending July 10, according to the UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA).
This is up from 15.7 per 100,000 the week before, but is the smallest rise for several weeks.
Vaccines are still doing a good job of helping protect people from getting very sick with the virus.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-62176865

I will get my booster when the time comes but I suspect quite a few won't bother anymore as it isn't the killer it once was.

157Is Covid now over? - Page 8 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:07 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

After reading in the paper last week about the latest variant that is out and with it spreading easy due to people's immune systems weakening, well i'm sad to say that we all have covid again.

Whilst it may be giving me symptoms of a bad cold with a sore throat, everyone feel sorry for me.

My nose won't stop dripping like a tap and may have to pop out to get some balsam tissues to ease my hooter. Shocked

Last edited by karlypants on Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

158Is Covid now over? - Page 8 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:31 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:After reading in the paper last week about the latest variant that is out and with it spreading easy due to people's immune systems weakening, well i'm sad to say that we all have covid again.

Whilst it may be giving me symptoms of a bad cold with a sore throat, everyone feel sorry for me.

My nose won't stop dripping like a tap and may have to pop out to get some balsam tissues to easy my hooter. Shocked
Get yourself a nasal drip pad, KP. Very Happy

Is Covid now over? - Page 8 31mJBb7QLfL._AC_UL600_SR600,600_

159Is Covid now over? - Page 8 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:32 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
karlypants wrote:After reading in the paper last week about the latest variant that is out and with it spreading easy due to people's immune systems weakening, well i'm sad to say that we all have covid again.

My nose won't stop dripping like a tap and may have to pop out to get some balsam tissues to easy my hooter. Shocked
Get yourself a nasal drip pad, KP. Very Happy

Is Covid now over? - Page 8 31mJBb7QLfL._AC_UL600_SR600,600_
What a great idea! Much better than my suggestion of sellotaping a tissue to my nose. Very Happy

160Is Covid now over? - Page 8 Empty Re: Is Covid now over? Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:38 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I did think of sticking two tampons up my nose (unused of course!) but I was told it wouldn’t be a good idea. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum