Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 2-1 Oxford

+11
karlypants
BoltonTillIDie
Sluffy
luckyPeterpiper
finlaymcdanger
boltonbonce
Keegan
Natasha Whittam
Whitesince63
Norpig
wanderlust
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Bolton 2-1 Oxford Empty Bolton 2-1 Oxford Thu Aug 19 2021, 01:42

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hard to predict how this will go. Oxford are 5th ATM having drawn with Cambridge and then beaten Crewe and Charlton - all 3 of whom are in the bottom half of the table.
Karl Robinson is no mug and his team are fairly direct but I reckon we can have them so I'm going for a home win.

2Bolton 2-1 Oxford Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Oxford Thu Aug 19 2021, 08:01

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

First home win of the season on the way if we can defend as well as we did the other night. I'm going 2-1 to the Super Whites.

3Bolton 2-1 Oxford Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Oxford Thu Aug 19 2021, 09:46

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Oxford were a good side last year but at the moment I’m not worried by anybody in this league and whilst it won’t be easy, the boys are gelling now and with Baka out it looks like the Isgrove/Jones partnership down the right can resume its success from Lincoln. Will IE give Kacha a run in place of Doyler who has been poor so far, to see what he can do? We have a few options now but the team is coming together well so I’ll go for a 2-0 win for the Whites.

4Bolton 2-1 Oxford Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Oxford Thu Aug 19 2021, 11:52

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MJ will have to get to grips with Brannagan who is a skilful bugger and can make them tick if he's given free reign. They're decent out wide too so there are battles to be won on both flanks. It will be tight but I reckon we can edge it by the odd goal.

5Bolton 2-1 Oxford Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Oxford Thu Aug 19 2021, 14:01

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just the sort of game Bolton fans expect to win but rarely do.

Bolton 1-1 Oxford

6Bolton 2-1 Oxford Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Oxford Fri Aug 20 2021, 10:01

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Just the sort of game Bolton fans expect to win but rarely do.

Bolton 1-1 Oxford
I don't think anyone in their right mind expects us to win but lots like me are hopeful. Too early to tell where we are at compared to other teams in this league  but if the three games we've had so far are anything to go by, every game is likely to be competitive and close. All 3 could have gone either way - although we should have won the first one. One thing is for sure - it won't be boring.

7Bolton 2-1 Oxford Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Oxford Fri Aug 20 2021, 18:57

I never expect a win from us, but by our standards I’m feeling pretty good about this season on the evidence so far. 

Impressed with how the new signings have bedded in, more confident in the defence and keeper following midweek’s clean sheet and we’re creating well - especially Dapo who has really stepped up his game in my view. 

Feels like a good time to be a Wanderer, and home advantage could be a big factor for us with the crowd back in - can’t wait to get back there soon.

I haven’t been on for a while but good to see you back Lust and Nat.

8Bolton 2-1 Oxford Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Oxford Fri Aug 20 2021, 20:17

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I'm hopeful of a clean sheet and a goal or two.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

9Bolton 2-1 Oxford Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Oxford Fri Aug 20 2021, 21:37

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I see the turnstiles are opening at 1.30 instead of the usual 2.00.

10Bolton 2-1 Oxford Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Oxford Fri Aug 20 2021, 23:48

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Think we may have a tough game on our hands here. Finger’s crossed we can keep a clean sheet but I don’t see much better than a draw coming our way unless we’re better than I think we are.

11Bolton 2-1 Oxford Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Oxford Sat Aug 21 2021, 00:20

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I predict we will win and comfortably. I rate Oxford United a lot of course but I firmly feel we've really gelled after a slightly stuttery start and since we know we can score goals which had been a real problem for us in the recent past I predict we will, three of them in fact.

I believe we actually have the strength of character, the strong nerve and genuine ability that has been all too lacking in recent years but has been on full show this season so far in my opinion.

12Bolton 2-1 Oxford Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Oxford Sat Aug 21 2021, 00:56

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

luckyPeterpiper wrote:I predict we will win and comfortably. I rate Oxford United a lot of course but I firmly feel we've really gelled after a slightly stuttery start and since we know we can score goals which had been a real problem for us in the recent past I predict we will, three of them in fact.

I believe we actually have the strength of character, the strong nerve and genuine ability that has been all too lacking in recent years but has been on full show this season so far in my opinion.

I love your optimism LPP. Ted Lasso would be proud!

13Bolton 2-1 Oxford Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Oxford Sat Aug 21 2021, 10:57

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

luckyPeterpiper wrote:I predict we will win and comfortably. I rate Oxford United a lot of course but I firmly feel we've really gelled after a slightly stuttery start and since we know we can score goals which had been a real problem for us in the recent past I predict we will, three of them in fact.

Agree with that Lucky, I don’t think we’ve even properly hit our stride yet and we still look good. I think Oxford are a decent side but I think their results so far may have flattered them, whilst ours have undersold us. Now we’ve tightened the defence and Rico looks back to fitness, I think we’ll push on from here and it wouldn’t surprise me at all if we won comfortably today by 2 or 3 goals.

14Bolton 2-1 Oxford Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Oxford Sat Aug 21 2021, 14:14

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y. wrote:I never expect a win from us, but by our standards I’m feeling pretty good about this season on the evidence so far. 

Impressed with how the new signings have bedded in, more confident in the defence and keeper following midweek’s clean sheet and we’re creating well - especially Dapo who has really stepped up his game in my view. 

Feels like a good time to be a Wanderer, and home advantage could be a big factor for us with the crowd back in - can’t wait to get back there soon.

I haven’t been on for a while but good to see you back Lust and Nat.
Stick around Troy and maybe the site will get back to normal if opinions are allowed. It was like the Marie Celeste on here and the site needs a broad range of perspectives if interest is to be maintained and generated.

15Bolton 2-1 Oxford Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Oxford Sat Aug 21 2021, 14:31

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

16Bolton 2-1 Oxford Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Oxford Sat Aug 21 2021, 14:34

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Kinell!

My brother's widow has decided to visit us this pm for the first time since his funeral. Love her and look forward to seeing her, but why the hell does it have to be Saturday afternoon?
I might/will probably miss the match ::wtf::

17Bolton 2-1 Oxford Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Oxford Sat Aug 21 2021, 14:36

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The match could be on in the “background”

18Bolton 2-1 Oxford Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Oxford Sat Aug 21 2021, 14:36

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Let’s get another 3 points today!  Confident of a win, but aren’t I always.

19Bolton 2-1 Oxford Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Oxford Sat Aug 21 2021, 14:49

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live!

20Bolton 2-1 Oxford Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Oxford Sat Aug 21 2021, 17:47

Bolton Nuts

Admin

See Bolton Nuts twitter for exclusive videos from today's match!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum