Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Transfer rumours !

+25
Keegan
observer
Norpig
boltonbonce
Whitesince63
Boggersbelief
Hipster_Nebula
bryan458
Hip Priest
Natasha Whittam
Bolton Nuts
okocha
Cajunboy
wessy
Ten Bobsworth
BoltonTillIDie
karlypants
terenceanne
finlaymcdanger
dutchwhites63
BarrygoestoBolton
Feby
Growler
whatsgoingon
BoltonWondering
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 21 ... 32  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 32]

201Transfer rumours ! - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sun Jul 17 2022, 23:21

Bolton Nuts

Admin

I've just been in my time machine. I sent myself to Tuesday and found out that we got a band new defender.
Article coming from us tomorrow.
Announcement shortly after.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

202Transfer rumours ! - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Jul 18 2022, 00:17

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote:I've just been in my time machine. I sent myself to Tuesday and found out that we got a band new defender.
Presume you're on about someone other than Toal given he was flagged up a fortnight ago on BA?

Is it a B team player?

How exciting!

203Transfer rumours ! - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Jul 18 2022, 08:15

BarrygoestoBolton

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

wanderlust wrote:
But we also conceded a shedload - primarily because we pushed players forward to get the goals we did and didn't defend well.
So yes we need better quality up front AND better quality at the back AND a more balanced system but we are where we are and we can't afford better quality players - so there's no choice but to try to find a better balance with what we've got to maximise our points tally.
We scored 74 league goals and conceded 57 and the real problem was we lost 15 games - which just on games lost would have put us at 12th.
Question is can Evatt find a better balance.
But we didn’t lose many in the second half of the season. Our worst period for lost games was when we were missing a load of players in November and December. We recruited well in January and now have strength in depth that means we won’t have the same issue again. I’m not saying all our problems are solved, but that one won’t recur this season.

204Transfer rumours ! - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Jul 18 2022, 17:25

Bolton Nuts

Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Biggie wrote:I've just been in my time machine. I sent myself to Tuesday and found out that we got a band new defender.
Presume you're on about someone other than Toal given he was flagged up a fortnight ago on BA?

Is it a B team player?

How exciting!

LOL. No. I meant Toal. Just had that article in the pipeline.

205Transfer rumours ! - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Aug 11 2022, 10:06

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Evatt confirms that we are "still open for business" - in both directions.

Whilst Khumbeni made a nice little cameo as "midfield enforcer" on Tuesday, and theoretically Thomason could do a job there, Nat may yet get her wish for a DM.

I'm not really sure what else Evatt could be looking for at this stage other than some quality icing on the cake, but I guess a lot depends on what's available and what offers we get from other clubs for our players.
I'm fairly happy with the current squad for this level so far but there's always room to improve.

206Transfer rumours ! - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Aug 22 2022, 20:11

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

207Transfer rumours ! - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Aug 25 2022, 09:39

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

208Transfer rumours ! - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Aug 30 2022, 10:34

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The clock is running down on this window so it should be an interesting few days given our recent results and the various suggestions re where the squad is lacking.
I get the impression that we'll only buy if an absolute bargain in a key position throws themselves at us and I can't see that happening so the question for me is whether or not FV are prepared to dip into their pockets again for the wages of a loanee. Maybe they'll surprise us?

Any ITK rumours Biggie?

209Transfer rumours ! - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Aug 30 2022, 14:11

Bolton Nuts

Admin

I'm out of the loop. Been injured. Not been in the club for over a month. Sorry..

210Transfer rumours ! - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Aug 30 2022, 17:27

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:The clock is running down on this window so it should be an interesting few days given our recent results and the various suggestions re where the squad is lacking.
I get the impression that we'll only buy if an absolute bargain in a key position throws themselves at us and I can't see that happening so the question for me is whether or not FV are prepared to dip into their pockets again for the wages of a loanee. Maybe they'll surprise us?

Any ITK rumours Biggie?
Like you Lusty, I can’t see much happening either unless IE manages to move one or two out to pastures new. I’m not sure who that would be but there are a few I wouldn’t worry about losing. I do think if the right signing did come along, FV would try everything to make it happen but clearly there are limits. We do have a couple of places still open in the squad I think but as IE himself has said, we can’t afford to be over blessed so I’m sure there would have to be some outs as well.

211Transfer rumours ! - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Aug 30 2022, 19:34

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We've been linked with Bonne at QPR...

212Transfer rumours ! - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Aug 31 2022, 00:24

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So now we're apparently in for another young player from Liverpool - Owen Beck, a left back!

213Transfer rumours ! - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Aug 31 2022, 09:24

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Deadline day tomorrow. Who will spend the most?

FV or Marc Iles ( on biscuits)?

Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on Wed Aug 31 2022, 22:17; edited 1 time in total

214Transfer rumours ! - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Aug 31 2022, 19:19

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:So now we're apparently in for another young player from Liverpool - Owen Beck, a left back!

Been confirmed now that he has joined on loan until end of the season

215Transfer rumours ! - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Aug 31 2022, 22:48

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

BoltonTillIDie wrote:
Been confirmed now that he has joined on loan until end of the season
I was just about to write that the site is very quiet this evening so thanks for that bit of news, BTID.

216Transfer rumours ! - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Sep 01 2022, 13:14

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not much going on the BN deadline day page other than Iles talking about biscuits. Would love to see us sign another striker but can't see it happening.

217Transfer rumours ! - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Sep 01 2022, 16:25

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Just heard on the grapevine we are close to signing a North East legend to bolster our midfield.

That should please Nat.

218Transfer rumours ! - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Sep 01 2022, 17:25

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is it Gazza?

219Transfer rumours ! - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Sep 01 2022, 18:04

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is it Tubby Brewster?

220Transfer rumours ! - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Sep 01 2022, 18:35

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:Is it Gazza?
I wouldn't be surprised.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 32]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 21 ... 32  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum