Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City

+10
terenceanne
BoltonTillIDie
karlypants
scottjames30
Sluffy
Growler
Norpig
Cajunboy
wanderlust
Whitesince63
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City Empty Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City Tue 27 Sep - 12:04

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I so want us to win this one as I have a bit of history with the Imps - I was unceremoniously banned from their chatroom by an over-zealous moderator for an innocuous comment despite having had some great friendly conversations with several of their fans over a long period - and the ban has never been rescinded.

As White recently observed, I get on well and have an open exchange of information and light banter with every set of opponent fans I chat with win, lose or draw - but Lincoln is the one exception due to one person.
Talking to you Julian Smile

Anyhoo, the Imps sit just 4 points behind us and have had a couple of good wins and an upturn in form recently starting with an excellent victory against Derby County and following it up by scoring 6 away at struggling Bristol Rovers. With Bristol grabbing 3 it was a highly entertaining watch for us neutrals - always like a goalfest.

Jack Diamond, the sparky winger on loan from Sunderland has been banging them in - 4 goals in 3 appearances and young striker Ben House looks like a steal of a signing, picked up for peanuts from Eastleigh so there's no shortage of goals in the Imps forward line - if they can get the service.

Defensively, they've been a mixed bag - a bit like us. They have some good players and I like Sorensen the midfielder who puts a proper shift in but I reckon manager Mark Kennedy hasn't quite managed to get the best out of the group yet - although recent performances suggest he's heading in the right direction. Their players seem to blow hot and cold, so consistency seems to be the issue - a situation we're hardly unfamiliar with.

Another game where it's difficult to pick a winner as it will yet again depend on who turns up on the day.

That said, if we have any chance of competing for promotion against the big spenders come the end of the season, this is exactly the type of game we have to win so with my optimistic hat on, I'm going for 2 - 1.

2Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City Wed 28 Sep - 9:50

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I’m a bit more positive than you Lusty, I think we’ll win comfortably. I just think this season we’ve added a consistency that was missing and there are very few teams I fear. That said, it’s a concern that none of our “strikers” have yet found any form, or at least the way to goal and our scorers have come from other areas. You can’t go through a season and be successful without decent scorers up front so Evatt needs to find a way to do that. The other area of concern for me is from set pieces where we are just hopeless. Considering the size of our players we just carry no threat and the delivery from both corners and free kicks has been atrocious. Again hopefully Evatt can do something about it.

I also like to visit other teams sites to see how they’re thinking and I do join one or two. I do have access to Lincoln I think but at the moment every time I try to log on I get a bloody big Lewis Capaldi advert shouting at me. I do agree that you keep it friendly and constructive though. Maybe you could try that on here on some of the non footy threads!! 🤗🤪

3Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City Wed 28 Sep - 11:00

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Lusty, I finally got into the Lincoln site but there isn’t even a Wanderers thread yet!!

4Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City Wed 28 Sep - 11:10

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:I’m a bit more positive than you Lusty, I think we’ll win comfortably. I just think this season we’ve added a consistency that was missing and there are very few teams I fear.
I'm not negative about our chances at all White - I just think it will depend on our performance on the day because I know we can play well, but we have to actually do it on Saturday.

As regards being positive on "non footy threads" - I am with the exception of those relating to the government shafting the country and I think with some justification given that they have delivered nothing to be positive about for the past 12 years - and now look where we are. Or worse still, where we're going.

5Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City Wed 28 Sep - 11:53

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote: As regards being positive on "non footy threads" - I am with the exception of those relating to the government shafting the country and I think with some justification given that they have delivered nothing to be positive about for the past 12 years - and now look where we are. Or worse still, where we're going.

Well, that isn't true is it, as you've never stopped your ceaseless bitching about Brexit and that wasn't anything to do with the government but was the 'the mandate from the people' resulting from the Referendum in which (in case you've conveniently forgotten...) YOU posted that YOU voted FOR Brexit!

(Then went on to deliberately lie multiple times since that you didn't make that post - until Norpig eventually outed you!).

6Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City Wed 28 Sep - 16:24

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Crikey guys, I didn’t mean to start a war again, I was just joking Lusty. 🥴

This is a footy thread so I’ll stick to that. I didn’t mean you were being negative Lusty I just meant that I felt more positive because you considered it was difficult for you to pick a winner whilst I have no problem feeling we’ll beat Lincoln comfortably.

7Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City Wed 28 Sep - 16:32

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

We certainly should win and need to win if we are going to end up in the top six.

I don't have much confidence in predicting results as our supposed strikers  seem to lack the ability to strike.

8Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City Thu 29 Sep - 8:16

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bloody train strike again so no match for me  Evil or Very Mad

9Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City Thu 29 Sep - 12:33

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:Lusty, I finally got into the Lincoln site but there isn’t even a Wanderers thread yet!!
There's now a score prediction thread - most Imps are pessimistic about their chances so far Smile

10Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City Thu 29 Sep - 15:20

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:
There's now a score prediction thread - most Imps are pessimistic about their chances so far Smile
I must be on a different site Lusty (Vital Football) as there’s only a thread for attendance, still nothing on scores.

11Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City Thu 29 Sep - 15:35

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I hope the bellends infiltrating Lincoln's forums have given the members some context and made it clear they haven't been to a real match since 1978.

Another game we should win, but it'll probably be a draw as we don't score enough.

12Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City Thu 29 Sep - 15:45

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:
I must be on a different site Lusty (Vital Football) as there’s only a thread for attendance, still nothing on scores.
There's a couple - I think one was called The Lincoln Imps. There's a FB page too.

Whilst you're on Vital, can you just remind that cock Justin? what a pleasant, well-balanced and fair-minded poster I am and ask him to rescind the ban? :rofl:

13Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City Thu 29 Sep - 23:10

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:
There's a couple - I think one was called The Lincoln Imps. There's a FB page too.

Whilst you're on Vital, can you just remind that cock Justin? what a pleasant, well-balanced and fair-minded poster I am and ask him to rescind the ban? :rofl:
I already did that Lusty and told him he was so right to ban you and not to even think about reinstating such an argumentative individual but stick with friendly, intelligent posters like yours truly. 🤗

Just joking but I’ll probably get banned myself if I mention you!!? 😉

14Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City Fri 30 Sep - 2:23

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:
I already did that Lusty and told him he was so right to ban you and not to even think about reinstating such an argumentative individual but stick with friendly, intelligent posters like yours truly. 🤗

I got banned for writing "Sarcevic scores" during the match thread. I think it was about the 70th minute and he had a hissy fit. My next comment was 10 seconds later - "unlucky but there's still time" or words to that effect - but it never made it as he'd already pressed the button.

Factual rather than argumentative. Petty.

15Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City Fri 30 Sep - 2:49

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Finally a prediction thread on vital White:

So, after a two-week wait, we finally get to see some league action involving the Mighty Imps as they travel (again) to Lancashire to face a Bolton Wanderers side who did the double over us last season 0-1 at SB and 3-1 at The Reebok. The previous meeting proved to be a very impressive one for us as we trounced them 5-1 at Sincil Bank before Covid brought about an early finish to season 2019/20.
This time around, Bolton sit in 6th place on 17 points with City 6 places and 4 points below them. We are fresh off the back of an amazing 3-6 win at Bristol Rovers (I'm not counting the Tin-Pot Cup until it starts to get serious) whereas their last game was a 1-0 home win over Posh. Bolton have won four (Wycombe 3-0, Morecambe 1-0, Charlton 3-1 and Peterborough 1-0) and lost one at home (0-2 Vs Sheffield Wednesday). City, on thge other hand, have won two away (1-2 at Oxford and 3-6 at Bristol Rovers) with a very creditable draw at Portsmouth (0-0) and two losses (4-0 at Peterborough and 2-0 at Cambridge).
Once again, it really depends upon which Lincoln City turns up on the day because we can definitely win this one, especially as we see the return of many players from injury. Equally, we could fartt about at the back and lose by a margin!

Final Score: Bolton Wanderers 2 Lincoln City 3
Total Attendance: 18,003
Away Attendance: 560
First City Scorer: Jack Diamond
Tine of First Goal: 14th minute

Here is your template:
Final Score:
Total Attendance:
Away Attendance:
First City Scorer:
Time of First Goal: 

Happy predicting
Posh Imp

16Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City Fri 30 Sep - 4:00

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Whitesince63 wrote:

I got banned for writing "Sarcevic scores" during the match thread. I think it was about the 70th minute and he had a hissy fit. My next comment was 10 seconds later - "unlucky but there's still time" or words to that effect - but it never made it as he'd already pressed the button.

Factual rather than argumentative. Petty.

I suspect there was a bit more to it than you are letting on!

For instance, how could the mod have typed out his fill 'hissy' fit and gone on to ban you in just the 10 seconds you claim it took you to type out your "unlucky" comment?

I rather imagine your "Sarce scores" post (if that was what you did actually post...) was more like the last straw to him rather than the way you are painting the picture here.

Who cares anyway - it's only the internet when all said and done.

17Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City Fri 30 Sep - 8:57

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sluffy wrote:

I suspect there was a bit more to it than you are letting on!

For instance, how could the mod have typed out his fill 'hissy' fit and gone on to ban you in just the 10 seconds you claim it took you to type out your "unlucky" comment?

I rather imagine your "Sarce scores" post (if that was what you did actually post...) was more like the last straw to him rather than the way you are painting the picture here.

Who cares anyway - it's only the internet when all said and done.
To be fair Sluffy, some Mods just don’t like other teams fans joining their site and just look for an opportunity to ban you. I don’t know what lusty wrote either but I’ve seen his posts and to be fair he’s been totally respectful, sometimes even a bit too “smarmy” for me!! 🥴

18Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City Fri 30 Sep - 8:58

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

There’s a few threads on the game now Lusty but obviously it’s early morning yet so not many posters. We’ll see how they feel later in the day and I won’t respond until they do.

19Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City Fri 30 Sep - 11:48

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:
To be fair Sluffy, some Mods just don’t like other teams fans joining their site and just look for an opportunity to ban you. I don’t know what lusty wrote either but I’ve seen his posts and to be fair he’s been totally respectful, sometimes even a bit too “smarmy” for me!! 🥴
By "smarmy" I assume you mean "respectful" - because I definitely was.
You should listen to Sluffy though - he's been banned from more sites than you can count which is why he set up his own so the mods couldn't ban him Smile

20Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City Fri 30 Sep - 13:10

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Whitesince63 wrote:
By "smarmy" I assume you mean "respectful" - because I definitely was.
You should listen to Sluffy though - he's been banned from more sites than you can count which is why he set up his own so the mods couldn't ban him Smile

I've been banned from several sites that is correct but fwiw I was banned from all of them for standing up for fairness and honesty.

Wanderlust is smarmy at times I totally agree, in fact it looks to me that he is clearly smarming up to Karly at the moment, presumably in an attempt to get me banned off here...

Absolutely pathetic of a grown man if so...

And fwiw I really doubt any mod on any site would issue a ban solely to a fan of another club for simply stating that their team as scored - do you?

There's obviously something far more than that led up to the ban I strongly suspect.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum