Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City

+10
terenceanne
BoltonTillIDie
karlypants
scottjames30
Sluffy
Growler
Norpig
Cajunboy
wanderlust
Whitesince63
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

41Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City Sat Oct 01 2022, 15:14

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I did. I'm banned a year later.

Decent start to the game but I was bricking it when Diamond slipped in. Lincoln looking dangerous,

42Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City Sat Oct 01 2022, 16:03

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

After a slow start to the half in which we gave away a couple of chances, we came in to the game with some superb football of the highest quality - but in patches. A magnificent sequence of first time passes opened them up on the left and we were unlucky not to get something from it. Kacha and Dion snapped away at their defence - really good press often nicking the ball off their toes in good positions. Towards the end of the half, some lovely stuff down the right and we tormented them but still unable to get on the scoresheet until the pen. And it was a pen. Kacha got goalside of the last man and went down - at first the ref awarding a GK and looking to book Kacha for diving but then the lino - who had a better view pointed out he was being pulled back by his shirt. Great no-nonsense pen from Dion. And Thomason has looked brilliant - getting stuck in and making some great forward passes. Looks great but we need more goals and no mistakes at the back.

43Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City Sat Oct 01 2022, 16:08

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Off we go. Next goal crucial.

44Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City Sat Oct 01 2022, 16:59

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nerve wracking until Lincoln kindly gifted us that late goal, bless 'em.

45Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City Sat Oct 01 2022, 17:36

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A great win today!  :toppoints:

46Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City Sat Oct 01 2022, 18:20

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Good result from what sounds a bitty performance. We keep winning the games but we don’t seem to dominate in the way we should. The systems ok but in some areas we don’t have the players to play it. I know Kacha works hard but he doesn’t look a danger and with Dapo, Bod and Baka on the bench it just seems lacking. I’d still like Ian to find a way to fit Dapo back on the left because I think we miss all his craft and the fact he draws away defenders. With Bradley keeping them in tow on the right I think that would be a more dangerous team.

47Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City Sat Oct 01 2022, 18:28

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Frustrating at times with the final shot not troubling the keeper, but we totally dominated the game, it was a niggly game but a good win, that's 6 clean sheets from 10 games. Must be a nightmare to pick the team, the bench is briming with quqlity qt this level.

Special mentiion for Trafford that save late on wow.

48Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City Sat Oct 01 2022, 18:41

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Thomason was MOTM for me - his passing was sublime and he oozed class which combined with his workrate is everything we were lacking last season.
Kacha and Charles were great too - absolutely relentless and that created opportunities for everyone else to get forward.
Iredale, Bradley, Lee and John were all guilty of poor final balls when they had time and space to deliver them but thanks to the work done by the front two occupying the defence and our reasonably solid centre at least they were able to get into good positions in the first place - but the final ball needs to match the quality of some of our approach work - which was excellent at times.

49Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City Sat Oct 01 2022, 22:33

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

The goals.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The second goal seemed weird to me - their throw in, throws the ball almost directly at a Bolton player who was stood alone in the middle of the pitch and after a quick one-two we score.

There was one of their defenders the throw was presumably thrown to but even in the Bolton player wasn't stood where he was, the ball was never going to reach their player without whirlwind Ian's help!

Almost as though the game was fixed!

I'm not saying it was but the goal certain looked very suspicious to me!

50Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City Sat Oct 01 2022, 22:37

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

In case anybody missed the starting eleven...

51Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City Sat Oct 01 2022, 23:19

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Every week I check the highlights on SKY and regardless of how well we play, they always edit our our best moves and try to make the game look more even than it actually was when we dominate teams.
Today we had a world class move down the left that would have graced any league, loads of blocked shots, a very close effort from Dion and a cross that Kacha was millimetres away from converting but they ended up on the cutting room floor. Irritating.

52Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City Sat Oct 01 2022, 23:32

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:Every week I check the highlights on SKY and regardless of how well we play, they always edit our our best moves and try to make the game look more even than it actually was when we dominate teams.
Today we had a world class move down the left that would have graced any league, loads of blocked shots, a very close effort from Dion and a cross that Kacha was millimetres away from converting but they ended up on the cutting room floor. Irritating.

Get a grip man.

It's roughly a 90 second clip that has to include all the goals (and celebrations) and have something to watch for BOTH sets of fans.  They can't possibly put everything you or anyone else wants to see in it.

No one but a fool would expect 90 seconds of 'highlights' (or often less!) to be a fair representation of a 90-minute match.

53Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City Sat Oct 01 2022, 23:55

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I rarely watch the sky highlights, stick to the YouTube ones.  A lot of the action is missed in a highlights video, especially when there’s a lot of action.  BWFC analysis on Twitter sometimes shows some good clips  of what would be missed on a highlights real.

54Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City Sun Oct 02 2022, 01:25

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:I rarely watch the sky highlights, stick to the YouTube ones.  A lot of the action is missed in a highlights video, especially when there’s a lot of action.  BWFC analysis on Twitter sometimes shows some good clips  of what would be missed on a highlights real.
I usually watch the whole match as I did today so it gives a sense of perspective to the highlights editing, hence my comment.
EFL show highlights were slightly different and included Kacha's chance whereas the SKY highlights consistently appear imbalanced. I was gobsmacked to hear Sam Parkin being highly complimentary towards us for the first time tonight and he described Dion's performance as "electric" - which it was - and with our recent results they're starting to be less dismissive in general. Win a few more and maybe there'll be a bit more balanced analysis.
We had two thirds of the possession, twice as many shots including 5 on target, some excellent moves and movement and played most of the game in their half but you'd never know it going off the highlights alone.

55Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City Sun Oct 02 2022, 01:31

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Solid win - although we needed a penalty and a gimme to do it.  Everyone put in the effort - nothing to complain about.
No goalkeeper on the bench again - I'll never understand that one.
Unfortunately, the rest of the results did not go our way so remaining in sixth - just shows that we must keep on winning with no slip ups.
COYWM

56Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City Sun Oct 02 2022, 02:02

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
BoltonTillIDie wrote:I rarely watch the sky highlights, stick to the YouTube ones.  A lot of the action is missed in a highlights video, especially when there’s a lot of action.  BWFC analysis on Twitter sometimes shows some good clips  of what would be missed on a highlights real.
I usually watch the whole match as I did today so it gives a sense of perspective to the highlights editing, hence my comment.
EFL show highlights were slightly different and included Kacha's chance whereas the SKY highlights consistently appear imbalanced. I was gobsmacked to hear Sam Parkin being highly complimentary towards us for the first time tonight and he described Dion's performance as "electric" - which it was - and with our recent results they're starting to be less dismissive in general. Win a few more and maybe there'll be a bit more balanced analysis.
We had two thirds of the possession, twice as many shots including 5 on target, some excellent moves and movement and played most of the game in their half but you'd never know it going off the highlights alone.

You watch the match.

Then watch the highlights.

Then watch the highlights on a different channel.

Then you care what a pundit thinks.

Then you bitch about the highlight contents.

Don't you think you are being overly obsessive about this..?

It's not even as though we've even lost, or it was a key match or anything...

Rolling Eyes

57Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City Sun Oct 02 2022, 02:28

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

You watch the match.

Rolling Eyes
Correct. I love football and I support Bolton Wanderers win, lose or draw.

58Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City Sun Oct 02 2022, 03:44

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

You watch the match.

Rolling Eyes
Correct. I love football and I support Bolton Wanderers win, lose or draw.

Many of us do as well but not many of us are obsessive about it.

59Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City Sun Oct 02 2022, 10:35

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Another home game where we didn't play particularly well but I never felt like we were going to lose.

Defence & keeper were pretty much perfect once again, and no matter what you think of the individual components no one can deny they seem to have clicked as a collective.

Sadly up top we still look short. I just don't understand what Evans sees in Kachunga, he does absolutely nothing to impact the game. No goals and no assists. Charles is better, but far from the prolific goalscorer Evans claimed we were getting. Hopefully Bod will find some form and become our main striker.

Big week coming up. Two away games against teams towards the bottom. If we really are a serious play-off threat we need to take 6 points.

60Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City Sun Oct 02 2022, 10:58

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:Another home game where we didn't play particularly well but I never felt like we were going to lose.

Defence & keeper were pretty much perfect once again, and no matter what you think of the individual components no one can deny they seem to have clicked as a collective.

Sadly up top we still look short. I just don't understand what Evans sees in Kachunga, he does absolutely nothing to impact the game. No goals and no assists. Charles is better, but far from the prolific goalscorer Evans claimed we were getting. Hopefully Bod will find some form and become our main striker.

Big week coming up. Two away games against teams towards the bottom. If we really are a serious play-off threat we need to take 6 points.
He provided an invaluable assist to the first goal by taking a dive when he felt the slightest tug on his shirt.
He also ran around a lot and fell over a lot whenever he was outmuscled.
We looked quite strong in defence and midfield but it was one of those games where it looked like the visitors might nick summat. They would have done if they hadn’t gifted us the second goal and Trafford hadn’t produced a fantastic save at the death.
Overall though we are doing well and can go into the next two matches against the Cotswold Gallacticos with confidence.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum