Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City

+10
terenceanne
BoltonTillIDie
karlypants
scottjames30
Sluffy
Growler
Norpig
Cajunboy
wanderlust
Whitesince63
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

61Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City Sun Oct 02 2022, 12:22

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

With Lincoln changing their system to a deep block - 451 was it? - the value of Kacha and Dion chasing down everything they tried before it started was immense. I guess they were looking to defend and catch us on the break (which negated their usual attacking threat of a front three) but Kacha and Dion stifled them at birth. I thought they were both brilliant - there's a lot of praise for our defence and they were the first line of it.
To me it makes sense bringing JDB and Dapo on late when their defence has been given the run around for an hour.

62Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City Sun Oct 02 2022, 16:43

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

If Lincoln had been given a penalty in a similar way to the one we received we would all be screaming DIVE,DIVE,DIVE.

The more I look at it the more I realise we were very fortunate to be given a penalty.

63Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City Sun Oct 02 2022, 17:06

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Cajunboy wrote:If Lincoln had been given a penalty in a similar way to the one we received we would all be screaming DIVE,DIVE,DIVE.

The more I look at it the more I realise we were very fortunate to be given a penalty.

Kachunga dived - there's no question of that BUT he was fouled in the penalty area FIRST.

That's the point.

He was fouled, in the penalty area, first.

If I was there ref I would have awarded the penalty - he has to - there was a foul in the penalty area.

I don't know the rules after that.

If the rules allowed, I would then book Kachunga for the dive - but maybe you aren't able to do that once the passage of play as ended at the time the foul - and hence penalty - is given?

The penalty award was the correct decision.

64Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City Sun Oct 02 2022, 17:07

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:If Lincoln had been given a penalty in a similar way to the one we received we would all be screaming DIVE,DIVE,DIVE.

Totally agree. In the ground it was difficult to tell, but watching the replay it was definitely a shirt tug but the swallow dive that followed was embarrassing.

You shouldn't get a penalty in those circumstances.

65Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City Sun Oct 02 2022, 17:32

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Cheers.

Embarrassing is definitely the word.

66Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City Sun Oct 02 2022, 18:19

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It was a pen. I have spoken.

67Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City Sun Oct 02 2022, 18:26

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:It was a pen. I have spoken.

You typed it.

68Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City Sun Oct 02 2022, 18:52

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

This is why i hate VAR, it's always been about opinions and arguing your point over a pint, in the ground i thought why did he dive when through on goal, and was astonished when he changed his decision, He was pulled back the video clearly shows that, and that needs punishing Penalty was the correct decision.

69Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City Sun Oct 02 2022, 20:31

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wessy wrote:This is why i hate VAR, it's always been about opinions and arguing your point over a pint, in the ground i thought why did he dive when through on goal, and was astonished when he changed his decision, He was pulled back the video clearly shows that, and that needs punishing Penalty was the correct decision.

Pulled back is an exaggeration. There was a tiny and very brief tug on the shirt but no more than that. Kachunga diving like that was embarrassing. Sadly that's the game these days.

70Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City Sun Oct 02 2022, 21:00

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

It's been the game for years Bob...

71Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City Sun Oct 02 2022, 21:13

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That was a great night!

72Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City Mon Oct 03 2022, 08:18

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:That was a great night!
That was a great dive!

73Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City Mon Oct 03 2022, 09:40

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

You typed it.
And you'll never believe what with.

74Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City Tue Oct 04 2022, 14:32

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

What on earth are you lot moaning about, it was a penalty ok? Kacha was pulled back, the degree doesn’t matter, it was obvious and clear and it makes zero difference what he does after that, swan dive or not. If it had been given against us you’d have been claiming it was a penalty, which it would have been just the same. There are lots of worse fouls we don’t get so when we do get a CLEAR one, why do you have to moan and question it?

75Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Lincoln City Tue Oct 04 2022, 15:18

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:it makes zero difference what he does after that

And that sentence sums up modern football perfectly.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum