Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Where do you stand on ‘Woke’?

+7
wanderlust
Bolton Nuts
Whitesince63
Mad Dog
Sluffy
boltonbonce
Cajunboy
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Where do you stand on ‘Woke’? Empty Where do you stand on ‘Woke’? Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:55 pm

Mad Dog


Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

I don’t think there is anything that winds me up more than this woke obsession that has taken over the world in recent years. 
Don’t get me wrong here, I am not racist or homophobic, I do believe in treating everyone the same but woke agenda is IMO so wrong. 
There are people who say woke is right and it is inclusive and is about equality. I think it’s complete BS. 
Take the trans situation, it seems now that any man who identifies as a woman has the right to go in women’s locker rooms or women’s jails even if they have not even had the op. There are trans (biological men) athletes and swimmers who have been competing in women’s sports. It’s insane. 
Take that awful Strictly Dancing show, it’s all about woke, you’ve got contestants picked solely because of their race, disabilities and sexuality. You even have same sex couples now. Every advert you see is a mixed race couple, even same sex couples. Football matches always have women pundits on, you have tv programmes such as The Larkins (a remake of the Darling Buds of May) where Charlie is now a black guy. 
My problem with woke is that woke sees people based on their race, sexuality, their disability and then gives people from each category an opportunity. That is not equality, that is nothing more than tokenism and discrimination against other groups. Equality is about seeing everyone as equal and giving people an opportunity based on their personality, intelligence, skills, what they have to offer. Would I want to be given a job just because of my race, disability or sexuality? No! It’s embarrassing and wrong, I can’t believe others are ok with that. 
If a geezer who says he identifies as a woman and so can use women’s facilities, why can’t someone of working age not say they identify as being a pensioner and so demand their state pension, bus pass, etc? Is this how the world is going to be from now on? How do others feel about it?

2Where do you stand on ‘Woke’? Empty Re: Where do you stand on ‘Woke’? Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:29 pm

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Mad Dog wrote:I don’t think there is anything that winds me up more than this woke obsession that has taken over the world in recent years. 
Don’t get me wrong here, I am not racist or homophobic, I do believe in treating everyone the same but woke agenda is IMO so wrong. 
There are people who say woke is right and it is inclusive and is about equality. I think it’s complete BS. 
Take the trans situation, it seems now that any man who identifies as a woman has the right to go in women’s locker rooms or women’s jails even if they have not even had the op. There are trans (biological men) athletes and swimmers who have been competing in women’s sports. It’s insane. 
Take that awful Strictly Dancing show, it’s all about woke, you’ve got contestants picked solely because of their race, disabilities and sexuality. You even have same sex couples now. Every advert you see is a mixed race couple, even same sex couples. Football matches always have women pundits on, you have tv programmes such as The Larkins (a remake of the Darling Buds of May) where Charlie is now a black guy. 
My problem with woke is that woke sees people based on their race, sexuality, their disability and then gives people from each category an opportunity. That is not equality, that is nothing more than tokenism and discrimination against other groups. Equality is about seeing everyone as equal and giving people an opportunity based on their personality, intelligence, skills, what they have to offer. Would I want to be given a job just because of my race, disability or sexuality? No! It’s embarrassing and wrong, I can’t believe others are ok with that. 
If a geezer who says he identifies as a woman and so can use women’s facilities, why can’t someone of working age not say they identify as being a pensioner and so demand their state pension, bus pass, etc? Is this how the world is going to be from now on? How do others feel about it?
I totally agree with you, thank you for your post. I'm always amazed that there is so little debate on this subject on BOLTON NUTS.

Strictly has become  ridiculous  and is BBC Wokery at it's very worst.  They have destroyed a wholesome family show and turned it into a vehicle to spread their warped message.

3Where do you stand on ‘Woke’? Empty Re: Where do you stand on ‘Woke’? Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:47 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The obsession is by people who don’t like it as nobody else ever mentions it.

Not actually sure what “woke” actually means - but there are lots of people who are dead set against it whatever it is.
Seems like a catch all word for “things some people don’t like” e.g. caring for the planet or equality.
Anyone actually know what is included in the catchment area of the word?

Are nuns “woke”?

4Where do you stand on ‘Woke’? Empty Re: Where do you stand on ‘Woke’? Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:33 am

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:The obsession is by people who don’t like it as nobody else ever mentions it.

Not actually sure what “woke” actually means - but there are lots of people who are dead set against it whatever it is.
Seems like a catch all word for “things some people don’t like” e.g. caring for the planet or equality.
Anyone actually know what is included in the catchment area of the word?

Are nuns “woke”?

It seems to mean political correctness taken to bonkers extremes.

Like this by the Labour Party last year...

Labour conference: Not right to say only women have a cervix, says Starmer

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-58698406

5Where do you stand on ‘Woke’? Empty Re: Where do you stand on ‘Woke’? Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:25 am

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

6Where do you stand on ‘Woke’? Empty Re: Where do you stand on ‘Woke’? Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:14 am

Whitesince63


Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:The obsession is by people who don’t like it as nobody else ever mentions it.

Not actually sure what “woke” actually means - but there are lots of people who are dead set against it whatever it is.
Seems like a catch all word for “things some people don’t like” e.g. caring for the planet or equality.
Anyone actually know what is included in the catchment area of the word?

Are nuns “woke”?
Give me strength Lusty. Woke actually means pandering to brainless twirps like you who can’t see that they’re being constantly manipulated and brainwashed into accepting what the disrupters want you to believe. Exactly as Mad Dog has indicated, you are being invited to consider that it’s all in the name of inclusion and being a caring citizen when it’s really to destroy the society and cultures you’ve grown up with and if you’re soft enough to go along with it more fool you. Labour now want to include that sad cretin Eddie Izzard on an all woman short list for Parliament. At least he/she/it doesn’t have to go through an op first? Wake up Lusty, you’re falling right into their trap.

7Where do you stand on ‘Woke’? Empty Re: Where do you stand on ‘Woke’? Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:26 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:
Give me strength Lusty. Woke actually means pandering to brainless twirps like you who can’t see that they’re being constantly manipulated and brainwashed into accepting what the disrupters want you to believe. Exactly as Mad Dog has indicated, you are being invited to consider that it’s all in the name of inclusion and being a caring citizen when it’s really to destroy the society and cultures you’ve grown up with and if you’re soft enough to go along with it more fool you. Labour now want to include that sad cretin Eddie Izzard on an all woman short list for Parliament. At least he/she/it doesn’t have to go through an op first? Wake up Lusty, you’re falling right into their trap.
So in your view, woke is specifically about gender identification issues?

8Where do you stand on ‘Woke’? Empty Re: Where do you stand on ‘Woke’? Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:33 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Like this…?
Where do you stand on ‘Woke’? 40a84234-1d12-4591-bd51-083df9da5213

9Where do you stand on ‘Woke’? Empty Re: Where do you stand on ‘Woke’? Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:07 pm

Whitesince63


Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:
So in your view, woke is specifically about gender identification issues?
Are you trying to be thick or does it come naturally?Gender is just one of the many things these numpties are trying to inflict on us. Read Mad Dogs post again and it tells you as much as you need to know. I’m being blunt Lusty despite knowing that you’re genuinely an intelligent bloke but it seems that you’ve entirely fallen for the crap that’s being spouted. Like I said you and people of your aversion really do need to wake up to what we’re being peddled because it will soon be too late, if it’s not already.

10Where do you stand on ‘Woke’? Empty Re: Where do you stand on ‘Woke’? Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:19 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They always give themselves away with 'the woke left'.

11Where do you stand on ‘Woke’? Empty Re: Where do you stand on ‘Woke’? Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:01 pm

Bolton Nuts


Admin

I totally agree with Mad Dog. Well, more or less... And I am woke. More or less.

I remember some 20 years ago not being allowed onto a course that I had found because I wasn't either, an ex offender, an ethnic minority or from a disability group.

I think that is when it started.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

12Where do you stand on ‘Woke’? Empty Re: Where do you stand on ‘Woke’? Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:09 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote:I totally agree with Mad Dog. Well, more or less... And I am woke. More or less.

I remember some 20 years ago not being allowed onto a course that I had found because I wasn't either, an ex offender, an ethnic minority or from a disability group.

I think that is when it started.
I had a similar problem when my dream of becoming a bunny girl was smashed just because I haven’t  got a vagina.
Gutted.

13Where do you stand on ‘Woke’? Empty Re: Where do you stand on ‘Woke’? Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:40 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote: I had a similar problem when my dream of becoming a bunny girl was smashed just because I haven’t  got a vagina.
Gutted.

Strange, because you like to act like one...


...and I don't mean a bunny girl!


(Oh and I best add a smiley face too, as that's the sort of thing you do, just to pretend you are joking - when we all know that you are really, really not).

Laughing

14Where do you stand on ‘Woke’? Empty Re: Where do you stand on ‘Woke’? Wed Oct 12, 2022 12:46 pm

Mad Dog


Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Another thing that winds me up about this is that it’s ok to question things if it’s about white people but not black people. Examples - during the Women’s Euros during half time one of the women pundits highlighted how all 11 players were white and the manager was white and thought that this needed bringing up. That just highlights my whole point - I never noticed or thought about it, I just see people as people. But this woman pundit clearly sees people based on their skin colour. I think this was incredibly racist, would she say that about if the team were all black? Would she say that about British sprinters are mainly black? 
Another example - the creator of Friends has recently been criticised for the lack of diversity in the programme, that everyone was white. This is going back to the 90s. Would anyone say the same thing about the Cosby Show or Fresh Prince of Bel Air? What is wrong with having an all white or all black show? Nothing! But it’s apparently a crime now.  
And finally, the BBC, during the Olympics there was a trans geezer competing in the women’s weightlifting. The BBC said that they would report any negative comments to the police. You’re not even allowed an opinion now apparently. Who do these people think they are to tell people they are not even allowed an opinion?

15Where do you stand on ‘Woke’? Empty Re: Where do you stand on ‘Woke’? Wed Oct 12, 2022 2:43 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mad Dog wrote:Another thing that winds me up about this is that it’s ok to question things if it’s about white people but not black people. Examples - during the Women’s Euros during half time one of the women pundits highlighted how all 11 players were white and the manager was white and thought that this needed bringing up. That just highlights my whole point - I never noticed or thought about it, I just see people as people. But this woman pundit clearly sees people based on their skin colour. I think this was incredibly racist, would she say that about if the team were all black? Would she say that about British sprinters are mainly black? 
Another example - the creator of Friends has recently been criticised for the lack of diversity in the programme, that everyone was white. This is going back to the 90s. Would anyone say the same thing about the Cosby Show or Fresh Prince of Bel Air? What is wrong with having an all white or all black show? Nothing! But it’s apparently a crime now.  
And finally, the BBC, during the Olympics there was a trans geezer competing in the women’s weightlifting. The BBC said that they would report any negative comments to the police. You’re not even allowed an opinion now apparently. Who do these people think they are to tell people they are not even allowed an opinion?
You sound obsessed with wokeness amigo.

16Where do you stand on ‘Woke’? Empty Re: Where do you stand on ‘Woke’? Wed Oct 12, 2022 5:36 pm

Mad Dog


Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Yes, it really winds me up, I guess I should ignore it.

17Where do you stand on ‘Woke’? Empty Re: Where do you stand on ‘Woke’? Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:59 pm

Whitesince63


Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Mad Dog wrote:Yes, it really winds me up, I guess I should ignore it.
No, don’t ignore it MD, express it because if you do ignore it then the disruptors have won. I’m afraid the likes of Lusty have been won over, brainwashed but thankfully the majority see the problem and finally appear to be doing something about it. You raise many good examples in your two posts though you could have included many more like the use of the dance group Diversity to push their BLM views on a prime time entertainment show, or the publicity surrounding transgenders who represent less that 0.1% of the population. It’s ridiculous and the reason it’s spreading is exactly because people have allowed it to so no don’t ignore it like the Lustys of this world. Stand up for your beliefs because if you don’t they’ll be lost forever.

18Where do you stand on ‘Woke’? Empty Re: Where do you stand on ‘Woke’? Wed Oct 12, 2022 11:26 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mad Dog wrote:Yes, it really winds me up, I guess I should ignore it.
Thing is it winds some folk up. Why stress about it?
If some people are idiots in your opinion why should you let it bother you?
It’s not as if they’re in power like the Tories and can actually destroy lives and bring the country to it’s knees.
Woke people: mildly irritating and occasionally laugh out loud funny.
Tories: dangerous megalomaniacs dismantling a once great nation.

Get your priorities sorted mate Smile

19Where do you stand on ‘Woke’? Empty Re: Where do you stand on ‘Woke’? Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:06 am

Whitesince63


Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:
Thing is it winds some folk up. Why stress about it?
If some people are idiots in your opinion why should you let it bother you?
It’s not as if they’re in power like the Tories and can actually destroy lives and bring the country to it’s knees.
Woke people: mildly irritating and occasionally laugh out loud funny.
Tories: dangerous megalomaniacs dismantling a once great nation.

Get your priorities sorted mate Smile
The problem is Lusty perfectly proved by your reply. You do not seem to understand just how much damage is being done by these disruptive organisations. Comparing them to the Tory government, any government for that matter, is just plain silly. If you can’t “stress” about your life and culture being threatened and damaged beyond repair by what’s happening then I despair of you. You say these people aren’t in power. Really? Just look around you see what’s happening. Brainwashing on a major scale and you’ve fallen for it.

Whether it’s Gay rights, taking the knee, trans issues, authorities attempting to ignore the fact that the grooming gangs consist of mainly Pakistani men, the allowing of tens of thousands of financial migrants and forced people trafficked here to work in the drugs trade and black market. Or our NHS handing out 6 figure contracts to Climate directors and Inclusivity managers when we’re so short of nurses and doctors on the front line. Governments can’t act BECAUSE these people now have so much power. Listening to “children” lecturing grown ups with the shite they’ve also been brainwashed with but not daring to contest it for fear of being cancelled. A major University banning White students from a Black Culture meeting!! How racist is that but it’s ok because it’s only against Whites?

All of these things are the result of the woke squad, either intentionally or by some mistaken view they’re doing right, like you incidentally, are bit by bit destroying our culture and values and exactly the things that make this country the best in the world to live. You continue to stick your head in the sand Lusty and leave a legacy for your kids and grand kids that will destroy them but I want much better for mine and unlike you I won’t be ignoring it, I’ll be doing everything I can to fight against it.

20Where do you stand on ‘Woke’? Empty Re: Where do you stand on ‘Woke’? Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:08 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:
The problem is Lusty perfectly proved by your reply. You do not seem to understand just how much damage is being done by these disruptive organisations. Comparing them to the Tory government, any government for that matter, is just plain silly. If you can’t “stress” about your life and culture being threatened and damaged beyond repair by what’s happening then I despair of you. You say these people aren’t in power. Really? Just look around you see what’s happening. Brainwashing on a major scale and you’ve fallen for it.

Whether it’s Gay rights, taking the knee, trans issues, authorities attempting to ignore the fact that the grooming gangs consist of mainly Pakistani men, the allowing of tens of thousands of financial migrants and forced people trafficked here to work in the drugs trade and black market. Or our NHS handing out 6 figure contracts to Climate directors and Inclusivity managers when we’re so short of nurses and doctors on the front line. Governments can’t act BECAUSE these people now have so much power. Listening to “children” lecturing grown ups with the shite they’ve also been brainwashed with but not daring to contest it for fear of being cancelled. A major University banning White students from a Black Culture meeting!! How racist is that but it’s ok because it’s only against Whites?

All of these things are the result of the woke squad, either intentionally or by some mistaken view they’re doing right, like you incidentally, are bit by bit destroying our culture and values and exactly the things that make this country the best in the world to live. You continue to stick your head in the sand Lusty and leave a legacy for your kids and grand kids that will destroy them but I want much better for mine and unlike you I won’t be ignoring it, I’ll be doing everything I can to fight against it.
Ok I’ll bite….what is the actual damage and how many people have actually been “destroyed”?

Is it more than the decline in the suicide rate? I

Sponsored content



Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum