Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Where do you stand on ‘Woke’?

+7
wanderlust
Bolton Nuts
Whitesince63
Mad Dog
Sluffy
boltonbonce
Cajunboy
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Where do you stand on ‘Woke’? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where do you stand on ‘Woke’? Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:24 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Where do you stand on ‘Woke’? - Page 2 5c12b6c0-fd24-4236-9686-bab937a59340

22Where do you stand on ‘Woke’? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where do you stand on ‘Woke’? Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:24 pm

Bolton Nuts


Admin

My fear is that in about 15 years time, the police will raid nuts headquarters and obtain this thread and we will all get done for what will by then be considered to be extremist views, back dated hate crimes and racism.

A bit like someone getting done for pinching a man's bum 25 years ago. Is now historical sex assault. Cultures and norms were different then. Society changes. I'm sure a few of you chaps pinched a few bums in your time, and you probably got a few smiles, a few phone numbers and a few slaps. All done and dusted at the time.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

23Where do you stand on ‘Woke’? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where do you stand on ‘Woke’? Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:26 pm

Whitesince63


Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Biggie wrote:My fear is that in about 15 years time, the police will raid nuts headquarters and obtain this thread and we will all get done for what will by then be considered to be extremist views, back dated hate crimes and racism.

A bit like someone getting done for pinching a man's bum 25 years ago. Is now historical sex assault. Cultures and norms were different then. Society changes. I'm sure a few of you chaps pinched a few bums in your time, and you probably got a few smiles, a few phone numbers and a few slaps.  All done and dusted at the time.
I’m not sure you’d have to wait 15 years to be considered extremist Biggie, it’s like that now. I think a lot of the problem is generational in that the country now is totally different to the one many of us knew growing up when the girls would feel ignored if you didn’t whistle, compliment or even occasionally pinch a bum and few of the faces you saw were non white or of different religions. 

There was no social media, comedy was funny, gay could be used to describe happiness and there were virtually no brands or commercialisation. The population was 12 million lass than it is now, foreigners were either Welsh, Scots or Irish and a house was somewhere to live not an investment. So much change in so short a time but it’s what people have created. 

Fortunately I won’t be around in another 40 or 50 years but the way things are going I’m certain I wouldn’t want to be. My kids and grandkids will have to live with it always assuming Putin doesn’t provoke oblivion of course, although wiping out what’s here now and starting again might not be a bad option?

24Where do you stand on ‘Woke’? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where do you stand on ‘Woke’? Fri Oct 14, 2022 12:33 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:
I’m not sure you’d have to wait 15 years to be considered extremist Biggie, it’s like that now. I think a lot of the problem is generational in that the country now is totally different to the one many of us knew growing up when the girls would feel ignored if you didn’t whistle, compliment or even occasionally pinch a bum and few of the faces you saw were non white or of different religions. 

There was no social media, comedy was funny, gay could be used to describe happiness and there were virtually no brands or commercialisation. The population was 12 million lass than it is now, foreigners were either Welsh, Scots or Irish and a house was somewhere to live not an investment. So much change in so short a time but it’s what people have created. 

Fortunately I won’t be around in another 40 or 50 years but the way things are going I’m certain I wouldn’t want to be. My kids and grandkids will have to live with it always assuming Putin doesn’t provoke oblivion of course, although wiping out what’s here now and starting again might not be a bad option?
So in a nutshell, you only like WASPS and the 1960s - and that’s the problem with woke?

25Where do you stand on ‘Woke’? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where do you stand on ‘Woke’? Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:06 am

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:
The problem is Lusty perfectly proved by your reply. You do not seem to understand just how much damage is being done by these disruptive organisations. Comparing them to the Tory government, any government for that matter, is just plain silly. If you can’t “stress” about your life and culture being threatened and damaged beyond repair by what’s happening then I despair of you. You say these people aren’t in power. Really? Just look around you see what’s happening. Brainwashing on a major scale and you’ve fallen for it.

Whether it’s Gay rights, taking the knee, trans issues, authorities attempting to ignore the fact that the grooming gangs consist of mainly Pakistani men, the allowing of tens of thousands of financial migrants and forced people trafficked here to work in the drugs trade and black market. Or our NHS handing out 6 figure contracts to Climate directors and Inclusivity managers when we’re so short of nurses and doctors on the front line. Governments can’t act BECAUSE these people now have so much power. Listening to “children” lecturing grown ups with the shite they’ve also been brainwashed with but not daring to contest it for fear of being cancelled. A major University banning White students from a Black Culture meeting!! How racist is that but it’s ok because it’s only against Whites?

All of these things are the result of the woke squad, either intentionally or by some mistaken view they’re doing right, like you incidentally, are bit by bit destroying our culture and values and exactly the things that make this country the best in the world to live. You continue to stick your head in the sand Lusty and leave a legacy for your kids and grand kids that will destroy them but I want much better for mine and unlike you I won’t be ignoring it, I’ll be doing everything I can to fight against it.
You should write a column for the Daily Fail 63, your post is like a list of their headlines for the last few years on rotation.

26Where do you stand on ‘Woke’? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where do you stand on ‘Woke’? Sat Oct 15, 2022 7:43 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
You should write a column for the Daily Fail 63, your post is like a list of their headlines for the last few years on rotation.
Don’t UKIP have their own rag? Smile

27Where do you stand on ‘Woke’? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where do you stand on ‘Woke’? Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:43 pm

Mad Dog


Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

wanderlust wrote:
Don’t UKIP have their own rag? Smile
This is why people cannot say anything against this woke ideology because people will always hit back and make out that one is racist or homophobic. It’s no wonder the only argument heard is pro woke, no one is allowed to say anything against it.

28Where do you stand on ‘Woke’? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where do you stand on ‘Woke’? Sat Oct 15, 2022 11:44 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mad Dog wrote:
This is why people cannot say anything against this woke ideology because people will always hit back and make out that one is racist or homophobic. It’s no wonder the only argument heard is pro woke, no one is allowed to say anything against it.
Who is stopping anyone from saying anything that isn’t against the law?
Answer: nobody

29Where do you stand on ‘Woke’? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where do you stand on ‘Woke’? Sun Oct 16, 2022 1:51 am

Bolton Nuts


Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Mad Dog wrote:
This is why people cannot say anything against this woke ideology because people will always hit back and make out that one is racist or homophobic. It’s no wonder the only argument heard is pro woke, no one is allowed to say anything against it.
Who is stopping anyone from saying anything that isn’t against the law?
Answer: nobody

The problem is not necessarily the law as it stands but what might become the law soon.
Its not long before it will be a hate crime to say that you think a transgender is not a real woman.
No. Not something you are allowed an opinion on.. It will be a law, and even to say publicly that you don't agree will be a crime.
Just for example.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

30Where do you stand on ‘Woke’? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where do you stand on ‘Woke’? Sun Oct 16, 2022 6:03 am

Mad Dog


Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

wanderlust wrote:
Who is stopping anyone from saying anything that isn’t against the law?
Answer: nobody

So why are you saying that he should write for UKIP? This is the point I’m making, if anyone writes or says anything against woke ideology there are people like you who will imply that they are racist or homophobic or transphobic. And that is why people are reluctant to speak about it.

31Where do you stand on ‘Woke’? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where do you stand on ‘Woke’? Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:34 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mad Dog wrote:

This is the point I’m making, if anyone writes or says anything against woke ideology there are people like you who will imply that they are racist or homophobic or transphobic. 
Would that even bother you?
Supposing I did think you are racist - it’s just my opinion which I’m entitled to and you’d have to be pretty insecure to worry about what I think.

The point I’m making is we are lucky enough to live in a society that allows us to have an opinion in the first place whether it happens to be racist, homophobic or woke.

You may disagree with other’s opinions as is your right - but you and White etc have no right to stop others from expressing themselves or their opinions.

It’s called democracy and freedom and millions of Brits have died to get it over the years and if some bloke wants to chop his knob off and wear dresses it’s his/her right and f*** all to do with you or me.

32Where do you stand on ‘Woke’? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where do you stand on ‘Woke’? Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:03 am

Mad Dog


Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

wanderlust wrote:
Would that even bother you?
Supposing I did think you are racist - it’s just my opinion which I’m entitled to and you’d have to be pretty insecure to worry about what I think.

The point I’m making is we are lucky enough to live in a society that allows us to have an opinion in the first place whether it happens to be racist, homophobic or woke.

You may disagree with other’s opinions as is your right - but you and White etc have no right to stop others from expressing themselves or their opinions.

It’s called democracy and freedom and millions of Brits have died to get it over the years and if some bloke wants to chop his knob off and wear dresses it’s his/her right and f*** all to do with you or me.
Again, you miss my point. It’s not about your opinion of me, I am saying this is a reason why people cannot express their views against woke ideology because there will be people like you who will say that they are racist, homophobic, transphobic. No one in the public eye accused of that will be able to continue with their career now that we are in cancel culture. In effect people cannot speak out. 
And you’re a bit behind the times, a bloke doesn’t need to have his bits chopped off to be able to say he’s a woman and go into women’s changing rooms, women’s prisons now. You maybe fine with that and as you say you have every right to think that. But if anyone thinks differently to you, you do judge them which you proved above.

33Where do you stand on ‘Woke’? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where do you stand on ‘Woke’? Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:29 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mad Dog wrote:
Again, you miss my point. It’s not about your opinion of me, I am saying this is a reason why people cannot express their views against woke ideology because there will be people like you who will say that they are racist, homophobic, transphobic. No one in the public eye accused of that will be able to continue with their career now that we are in cancel culture. In effect people cannot speak out. 
And you’re a bit behind the times, a bloke doesn’t need to have his bits chopped off to be able to say he’s a woman and go into women’s changing rooms, women’s prisons now. You maybe fine with that and as you say you have every right to think that. But if anyone thinks differently to you, you do judge them which you proved above.
But you are expressing your opinion.
Freely.
And nobody is stopping you.

34Where do you stand on ‘Woke’? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where do you stand on ‘Woke’? Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:30 am

Mad Dog


Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

wanderlust wrote:
But you are expressing your opinion.
Freely.
And nobody is stopping you.
Good thank you. Let’s hope you have learnt your lesson this morning not to judge people who have a different opinion than your own.

35Where do you stand on ‘Woke’? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where do you stand on ‘Woke’? Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:10 am

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I feel sorry for people who have a different opinion to my own.

It can't be easy being wrong all the time. Smile

36Where do you stand on ‘Woke’? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where do you stand on ‘Woke’? Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:29 am

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Mad Dog wrote:
Again, you miss my point. It’s not about your opinion of me, I am saying this is a reason why people cannot express their views against woke ideology because there will be people like you who will say that they are racist, homophobic, transphobic. No one in the public eye accused of that will be able to continue with their career now that we are in cancel culture. In effect people cannot speak out. 
And you’re a bit behind the times, a bloke doesn’t need to have his bits chopped off to be able to say he’s a woman and go into women’s changing rooms, women’s prisons now. You maybe fine with that and as you say you have every right to think that. But if anyone thinks differently to you, you do judge them which you proved above.
But you are expressing your opinion.
Freely.
And nobody is stopping you.

Just for the record, there is also a MASSIVE difference between expressing your opinion and posting fake news, hatred and lies - of which you do often on here and try to pretend that they are your opinions.

Thet are not - they are what they are - fake news, hatred and lies.



37Where do you stand on ‘Woke’? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where do you stand on ‘Woke’? Sun Oct 16, 2022 3:04 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Looking through my 1991 Desperate Dan book, I find that there was already an effort to introduce a transgender Dan. Shocked

Where do you stand on ‘Woke’? - Page 2 Img_3014

38Where do you stand on ‘Woke’? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where do you stand on ‘Woke’? Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:25 pm

Bolton Nuts


Admin

boltonbonce wrote:I feel sorry for people who have a different opinion to my own.

It can't be easy being wrong all the time. Smile

I have only ever been wrong once in my life, and that's when I thought I was wrong but it turned out that I wasn't.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

39Where do you stand on ‘Woke’? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where do you stand on ‘Woke’? Sun Oct 16, 2022 11:03 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote:

I have only ever been wrong once in my life, and that's when I thought I was wrong but it turned out that I wasn't.
Smile

So when you write “people can’t express an opinion - in my opinion” which version of you is right?

40Where do you stand on ‘Woke’? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where do you stand on ‘Woke’? Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:41 am

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sluffy wrote:
Just for the record, there is also a MASSIVE difference between expressing your opinion and posting fake news, hatred and lies - of which you do often on here and try to pretend that they are your opinions.

Thet are not - they are what they are - fake news, hatred and lies.



I seem to recall that when I suggested a couple of days ago that it was always you that kicked off the aggro you denied it, making yourself out to be some sort of arbiter of/crusader for honesty, peace and justice on the site. The above discussion on wokery between Mad Dog, Biggie and Lusty was going along just fine before you chip in with your usual myopic nastiness and complete lack of self awareness.

Sponsored content



Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum