Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Thoughts on the Bolton Nuts forum

+2
karlypants
Mad Dog
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Thoughts on the Bolton Nuts forum Empty Thoughts on the Bolton Nuts forum Wed Oct 19 2022, 17:53

Mad Dog

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Well I’ve experienced forum life for a few weeks, to see if it is still for me or not. I’m an honest and god-fearing man and it’s only right I share my thoughts on the forum. 
As many may know, I was a forum legend who posted under the names Mich Caine, Michael Bolton, etc. I was an internet hard man, not a man to trifle with. I used to like the discussions and the scuffles, back in the day I used to spend hours at work on the forums and I’d be lying if I said I didn’t enjoy it, there was a sense of community and escapism, always nice seeing familiar people who shared a common interest in being Bolton fans. But that was many moons ago and we change with time, life and the world changes with time. 
Coming back to the forum these last few weeks it’s nice to see some familiar faces like Nat and Sluffy. Nat however seems a shadow of her former self, she was the Paul Dickov of the forum, could have an argument in an empty room with no one else about. She was a feisty character and mess with her and there was only one winner. She had the wit, intelligence and grapefruits to make anyone look a fool. I’m not sure if this tame version of Nat is because she’s changed over the years too or whether the forum has lost a lot of its spark and energy. 
The forum is quiet these days, it’s like a once busy and thriving pub, lots of characters, the occasional fight in the car park but full of life. The pub remains open but a lot of people have come and gone, it’s now like one of those remote cafes you see in films on Route 66, a handful of regulars but quiet most of the time with the odd visitor stopping for a while. 
I’m not sure if that’s because forums have had their day or because a lot of Bolton fans from the past lost their passion and interest in the club in the years since we spiralled from being a Premier League regular challenging in the top half of the table (did that really happen?) to the depths of League 2. I certainly lost all my passion, my fav era was the team with the likes of Frandsen, Bergson, Blake, Gunlaugson, Jensen, Holdsworth, Gardner, Thompson in the late 90s, I absolutely loved that team. But as we slid down the leagues I got to the point where I could no longer name a Bolton player and didn’t even look at the results. It was a sad demise. But football does that to people, clubs need to ensure fans remain excited and interested in the team, football without fans is nothing. 
I do believe Bolton are on the up, it’s only a matter of time before they are back in the championship and we have seen many unexpected clubs get promoted to the Premier League from there. Hopefully as Bolton climb back up to the top more and more fans will come on to the forum and bring back the energy and life it needs and deserves. 
So for now, I’ll be on my way. Oh by the way, you Wanderlust are an absolute bellend, I’d love to stick you in a suitcase, padlock it and then chuck you in the sea. Everyone else, all the best. 

2Thoughts on the Bolton Nuts forum Empty Re: Thoughts on the Bolton Nuts forum Wed Oct 19 2022, 18:02

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Laughing

3Thoughts on the Bolton Nuts forum Empty Re: Thoughts on the Bolton Nuts forum Wed Oct 19 2022, 21:35

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mad Dog wrote:Well I’ve experienced forum life for a few weeks, to see if it is still for me or not. I’m an honest and god-fearing man and it’s only right I share my thoughts on the forum. 
As many may know, I was a forum legend who posted under the names Mich Caine, Michael Bolton, etc. I was an internet hard man, not a man to trifle with. I used to like the discussions and the scuffles, back in the day I used to spend hours at work on the forums and I’d be lying if I said I didn’t enjoy it, there was a sense of community and escapism, always nice seeing familiar people who shared a common interest in being Bolton fans. But that was many moons ago and we change with time, life and the world changes with time. 
Coming back to the forum these last few weeks it’s nice to see some familiar faces like Nat and Sluffy. Nat however seems a shadow of her former self, she was the Paul Dickov of the forum, could have an argument in an empty room with no one else about. She was a feisty character and mess with her and there was only one winner. She had the wit, intelligence and grapefruits to make anyone look a fool. I’m not sure if this tame version of Nat is because she’s changed over the years too or whether the forum has lost a lot of its spark and energy. 
The forum is quiet these days, it’s like a once busy and thriving pub, lots of characters, the occasional fight in the car park but full of life. The pub remains open but a lot of people have come and gone, it’s now like one of those remote cafes you see in films on Route 66, a handful of regulars but quiet most of the time with the odd visitor stopping for a while. 
I’m not sure if that’s because forums have had their day or because a lot of Bolton fans from the past lost their passion and interest in the club in the years since we spiralled from being a Premier League regular challenging in the top half of the table (did that really happen?) to the depths of League 2. I certainly lost all my passion, my fav era was the team with the likes of Frandsen, Bergson, Blake, Gunlaugson, Jensen, Holdsworth, Gardner, Thompson in the late 90s, I absolutely loved that team. But as we slid down the leagues I got to the point where I could no longer name a Bolton player and didn’t even look at the results. It was a sad demise. But football does that to people, clubs need to ensure fans remain excited and interested in the team, football without fans is nothing. 
I do believe Bolton are on the up, it’s only a matter of time before they are back in the championship and we have seen many unexpected clubs get promoted to the Premier League from there. Hopefully as Bolton climb back up to the top more and more fans will come on to the forum and bring back the energy and life it needs and deserves. 
So for now, I’ll be on my way. Oh by the way, you Wanderlust are an absolute bellend, I’d love to stick you in a suitcase, padlock it and then chuck you in the sea. Everyone else, all the best. 
Come on then pussy…
My cat could f*** you up big gob.

4Thoughts on the Bolton Nuts forum Empty Re: Thoughts on the Bolton Nuts forum Wed Oct 19 2022, 21:42

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

By the way you were a dick first time round too - so f*** off and shoot your mouth off somewhere else.
Like your knitting club.

5Thoughts on the Bolton Nuts forum Empty Re: Thoughts on the Bolton Nuts forum Wed Oct 19 2022, 21:55

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Mad Dog wrote:Well I’ve experienced forum life for a few weeks, to see if it is still for me or not. I’m an honest and god-fearing man and it’s only right I share my thoughts on the forum. 

Holdsworth, Holdsworth, Holdsworth? The man’s 100% fruitcake.

6Thoughts on the Bolton Nuts forum Empty Re: Thoughts on the Bolton Nuts forum Wed Oct 19 2022, 21:58

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nice big letters though.

7Thoughts on the Bolton Nuts forum Empty Re: Thoughts on the Bolton Nuts forum Wed Oct 19 2022, 23:24

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

All the best Mich / Michael Bolton / Mad dog!

Thoughts on the Bolton Nuts forum Screen%20Shot%202016-02-10%20at%2010.34.56

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum