Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.


You are not connected. Please login or register

BRING BACK LUSTY

+15
Mad Dog
Boggersbelief
observer
BoltonTillIDie
Breadman
okocha
Hip Priest
wessy
Feby
Ten Bobsworth
Natasha Whittam
boltonbonce
Cajunboy
karlypants
finlaymcdanger
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 11]

21BRING BACK LUSTY - Page 2 Empty Re: BRING BACK LUSTY Mon 7 Nov - 11:39

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

22BRING BACK LUSTY - Page 2 Empty Re: BRING BACK LUSTY Mon 7 Nov - 13:12

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

23BRING BACK LUSTY - Page 2 Empty Re: BRING BACK LUSTY Mon 7 Nov - 14:06

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

boltonbonce wrote:Maybe this is the future.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63482162
MPs should be banned from using Twitter....Trump and co. across the pond too

24BRING BACK LUSTY - Page 2 Empty Re: BRING BACK LUSTY Mon 7 Nov - 16:56

Whitesince63


Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I don’t dispute anything you say about Lusty Sluffy, he will never see the other side or accept he may be wrong but that’s just how some people are. If you don’t want to converse with someone or you consider their thoughts and claims incorrect you just ignore them and don’t respond. It’s far easier to do that than attempt to argue with them and that’s something I apply myself. I can see why you feel you have to straighten him out but you know yourself that it won’t work and exactly as you say, find yourself in the Einstein situation of continually assuming you can and failing. I still feel that the site is better with both of you than either or neither, so for the sake of the rest of us, reinstate him and keep posting yourself because often you’re the only one I can rely on for some sense!! 🥴

25BRING BACK LUSTY - Page 2 Empty Re: BRING BACK LUSTY Mon 7 Nov - 17:24

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If wanderlust comes back the cycle will just repeat.

26BRING BACK LUSTY - Page 2 Empty Re: BRING BACK LUSTY Mon 7 Nov - 17:25

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:If wanderlust comes back the cycle will just repeat.
So what’s the solution?

27BRING BACK LUSTY - Page 2 Empty Re: BRING BACK LUSTY Mon 7 Nov - 18:52

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

karlypants wrote:
So what’s the solution?

28BRING BACK LUSTY - Page 2 Empty Re: BRING BACK LUSTY Mon 7 Nov - 19:08

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My two new recruits are struggling.

29BRING BACK LUSTY - Page 2 Empty Re: BRING BACK LUSTY Mon 7 Nov - 22:49

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Whitesince63 wrote:I don’t dispute anything you say about Lusty Sluffy, he will never see the other side or accept he may be wrong but that’s just how some people are. If you don’t want to converse with someone or you consider their thoughts and claims incorrect you just ignore them and don’t respond. It’s far easier to do that than attempt to argue with them and that’s something I apply myself. I can see why you feel you have to straighten him out but you know yourself that it won’t work and exactly as you say, find yourself in the Einstein situation of continually assuming you can and failing. I still feel that the site is better with both of you than either or neither, so for the sake of the rest of us, reinstate him and keep posting yourself because often you’re the only one I can rely on for some sense!! 🥴

I'm not after 'straightening him out', it's fairly clear to me that he has issues that requires professional help, I simply wanted to keep the site 'honest' the best I could, and that for me includes calling out the fake news and clear bullshit.

Natasha Whittam wrote:If wanderlust comes back the cycle will just repeat.

Absolutely, there is no doubt whatsoever about that.

If people haven't noticed by now, he is an obsessive who won't let go and move on with his life.

karlypants wrote:So what’s the solution?

The solution I was hoping to arrive at was to gradually increase the 'punishment' to Wanderlust for clear and obvious wumming of me by giving him a ban each time that increases by one day more every time I did so.  

I was hoping to get to a point where he would start to think, was trying to piss me off by trolling me worth a 7, 8, 9 10 day ban, or whatever was the point where his need to be on the forum was greater than the need to act like the dickhead he is and be off the site for the next 10 or 11 days or so.

I think it might have worked given enough time but you were vocal with your impatience that things needed to happen there and then so to speak.

The ultimate solution is what I've done - I've eliminated the problem altogether and have removed myself too, so not to be viewed as some egomaniac on a power trip.

My actions have consequences for myself too of course, even though all I was actually doing was trying to keep the site honest by calling out the daily fake news and bullshit posted by Wanderlust.

Will people gradually return to the site now that Wanderlust as gone and I'm taking a sabbatical, I doubt it but it's worth a try.

The bottom line to all of this is that the Wanderlust and Sluffy show is finally over and the site at long last can try and get back to where it was namely a place to get the latest BWFC news and also to have a bit of a laugh whilst you were here.

30BRING BACK LUSTY - Page 2 Empty Re: BRING BACK LUSTY Tue 8 Nov - 9:00

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I read half of your last post and gave up. There is no reason to write an essay on the situation every time, nor is there any reason to constantly take a dig at him too.

You are the one who keeps taking the piss out of him and it isn't such a problem if he posts his fake news either.

My gripe was initially aimed at you to stop.

I give up.

31BRING BACK LUSTY - Page 2 Empty Re: BRING BACK LUSTY Tue 8 Nov - 9:27

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

karlypants wrote:I read half of your last post and gave up. There is no reason to write an essay on the situation every time, nor is there any reason to constantly take a dig at him too.

You are the one who keeps taking the piss out of him and it isn't such a problem if he posts his fake news either.

My gripe was initially aimed at you to stop.

I give up.
Apart from social media references, all the things Sluffy accuses Lusty of apply much more pertinently to himself. Extremely insulting, obsessively repetitive, harsh, aggressive etc.
 Lusty unsurprisingly defends himself when his every post is pounced on aggressively.  He also relates jokes to lighten the mood.

Lusty's views on the Tory party are well founded....I don't see them as hateful so much as appropriate.

WS 63 has the right idea in debating intelligently and largely politely with his opposing views on politics. The two of them seek to remain on good terms.

32BRING BACK LUSTY - Page 2 Empty Re: BRING BACK LUSTY Tue 8 Nov - 9:39

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:So what’s the solution?

The only solution is one of them needs to go, and as wanderlust is happily posting on WW I suggest everyone let it go.

I'd also suggest a block on any more political threads, and delete users who don't post about BWFC.

I should also get my own thread.

33BRING BACK LUSTY - Page 2 Empty Re: BRING BACK LUSTY Tue 8 Nov - 9:46

Whitesince63


Andy Walker
Andy Walker

okocha wrote:
Apart from social media references, all the things Sluffy accuses Lusty of apply much more pertinently to himself. Extremely insulting, obsessively repetitive, harsh, aggressive etc.
 Lusty unsurprisingly defends himself when his every post is pounced on aggressively.  He also relates jokes to lighten the mood.

Lusty's views on the Tory party are well founded....I don't see them as hateful so much as appropriate.

WS 63 has the right idea in debating intelligently and largely politely with his opposing views on politics. The two of them seek to remain on good terms.
Spot on Oko, Lusty and I have polar views on politics and several other issues like Brexit and Net Zero but it’s always been polite and respectful and we’ve both tried to present facts where available. I’ve always considered Nuts to be a site where different views can be expressed without the need for insults and profanities but whilst I can understand Sluffys points and actually agree with some of them, I’m afraid I can’t agree with them regarding banning him. 

Sluffy, I’ll try one last time to request you reinstate Lusty because despite your issues with him, the site is poorer in my opinion without him. If you really care about the site you’ll accept that you are actually the only one who considers your decision right so if you did it for the rest of us I’m afraid you made a mistake.

34BRING BACK LUSTY - Page 2 Empty Re: BRING BACK LUSTY Tue 8 Nov - 9:47

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:If you really care about the site you’ll accept that you are actually the only one who considers your decision right so if you did it for the rest of us I’m afraid you made a mistake.

You don't speak for me.

35BRING BACK LUSTY - Page 2 Empty Re: BRING BACK LUSTY Tue 8 Nov - 9:48

Whitesince63


Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:

The only solution is one of them needs to go, and as wanderlust is happily posting on WW I suggest everyone let it go.

I'd also suggest a block on any more political threads, and delete users who don't post about BWFC.

I should also get my own thread.
As usual Nat, miles off beam. Maybe if you’re not happy with the site you should leave but then even if you are a pain I suppose we’d miss you? 🥴👍

36BRING BACK LUSTY - Page 2 Empty Re: BRING BACK LUSTY Tue 8 Nov - 9:50

Whitesince63


Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:

You don't speak for me.
Ha, would never want to Nat, I couldn’t stoop that low!!

37BRING BACK LUSTY - Page 2 Empty Re: BRING BACK LUSTY Tue 8 Nov - 9:52

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If you miss wanderlust so much go and engage with him on WW. Simple.

38BRING BACK LUSTY - Page 2 Empty Re: BRING BACK LUSTY Tue 8 Nov - 10:28

Whitesince63


Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:If you miss wanderlust so much go and engage with him on WW. Simple.
I could do both before Nat 😉

39BRING BACK LUSTY - Page 2 Empty Re: BRING BACK LUSTY Tue 8 Nov - 10:34

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

The only solution is one of them needs to go, and as wanderlust is happily posting on WW I suggest everyone let it go.

I'd also suggest a block on any more political threads, and delete users who don't post about BWFC.

I should also get my own thread.
Ha! What kind of a plonker has their own thread.

40BRING BACK LUSTY - Page 2 Empty Re: BRING BACK LUSTY Tue 8 Nov - 12:53

Whitesince63


Andy Walker
Andy Walker

boltonbonce wrote:
Ha! What kind of a plonker has their own thread.
..dunno.. lol!

Sponsored content



Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum