Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cambridge 0-0 Bolton

+8
karlypants
Norpig
wessy
Bolton Nuts
boltonbonce
Cajunboy
finlaymcdanger
BoltonTillIDie
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Cambridge 0-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Cambridge 0-0 Bolton Sat Nov 12 2022, 14:14

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

While I applaud the more attacking line up, where the fook is Bod? And why the fook is Dapo still sub?

And Kachunga? Again. I'm going to have a crazy bet that he neither creates nor scores.

Evans out.

22Cambridge 0-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Cambridge 0-0 Bolton Sat Nov 12 2022, 14:19

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live!

23Cambridge 0-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Cambridge 0-0 Bolton Sat Nov 12 2022, 14:27

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Bod is unwell, Bigger question is how the hell does Charles stay in this team, If Bodd was fit i would bench him.

24Cambridge 0-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Cambridge 0-0 Bolton Sat Nov 12 2022, 14:40

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Can someone please lay out the formation for me so I can figure out who is going to play where? Feels like no balance.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

25Cambridge 0-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Cambridge 0-0 Bolton Sat Nov 12 2022, 15:02

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Anybody listening on hear, i just get a high pitch noise ?

26Cambridge 0-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Cambridge 0-0 Bolton Sat Nov 12 2022, 15:15

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

we are on Radio Manchester, listening to it on my phone.

27Cambridge 0-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Cambridge 0-0 Bolton Sat Nov 12 2022, 15:38

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is back online!

28Cambridge 0-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Cambridge 0-0 Bolton Sat Nov 12 2022, 16:32

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Over an hour gone and still not one shot on target and the obligatory flash over the bar from Charles. Why does he have to try and blast everything instead of making sure he hits the target? Fear the worst here (again). 🙁

29Cambridge 0-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Cambridge 0-0 Bolton Sat Nov 12 2022, 16:52

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Take Bakajoko off now for Sadlier, yet again he’s done nothing, can’t hold the ball up and he just encourages the long ball. We can still win this as Cambridge push forward if we catch them on the break.

30Cambridge 0-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Cambridge 0-0 Bolton Sat Nov 12 2022, 18:05

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dear me, I could just copy & paste my match review from the last few games.

That was absolutely grim. We seem to have transitioned from a passing team that doesn't score goals to a hoofball team that doesn't score goals.

Our strikers. Oh dear. They are dreadful, have we ever had a worse set of forwards? Charles seems to panic whenever he's presented with a simple chance and goes for power every time. And every time it lands in row Z. And Kachunga, what do you say? He's a tryer but has anyone checked if he's George Weah's cousin?

And despite this shitshow in attack Evans keeps our leading scorer from last season on the bench, and when he does come on it's usually out of position.

Evans absolutely has to go, we are going nowhere fast.

31Cambridge 0-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Cambridge 0-0 Bolton Sat Nov 12 2022, 19:44

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

That's another poor result in the supposed run of easy matches that Evo would gain a lot of points from.Bolton won't be promoted this season but I still fancy  them to lose in the play offs which will be seen as success by some of the clubs fanboys.

32Cambridge 0-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Cambridge 0-0 Bolton Sat Nov 12 2022, 22:04

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Whitesince63 wrote:
You must be looking at different fixtures to me Fin, the majority of the top teams have pretty tough games on paper but at the end of the day you don’t stay in the top six unless you win your own games and clearly that’s what we haven’t done recently. Going on Cambridges recent form we should have every chance of picking up the points on Saturday so I think at 6pm we’ll still be in the top six. Let’s think positive.  cheers

I'll think positive for the next couple of weeks, 63.

For me, the top 5 teams only have difficult games when they're playing each other. I don't think they're particularly troubled by anyone else. The current top 5 are a class above the rest and will all finish in the top 6 IMO. We're in a battle to finish 6th but only if we're in a position to recruit well in January - not good enough otherwise.

33Cambridge 0-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Cambridge 0-0 Bolton Sat Nov 12 2022, 22:08

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

7th now - out of play-off position....so no need to worry about that at the moment.

Only some good saves at the end from Traff saved us from another loss.  Not sure what the answer is - we are just not good enough - but hard to put the finger on it right now.
Is it my imagination or has the early excitement from Bradley worn off.
So, Bod, Sadlier, & Dapo back in for me - not even sure if that makes any difference right now.

34Cambridge 0-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Cambridge 0-0 Bolton Sun Nov 13 2022, 12:15

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

We’ve just stopped playing football and resorting to hoofing the ball forward and hoping. Why is that when earlier in the season we were knocking it about so we’ll? For me the reason is the constant chopping and changing being made by Evatt. Not only is he changing the starting eleven every game but also both the players and system during the game with his constant 5 substitutions. How can any team build up confidence when they either don’t know they’re starting, what position they’ll be in or who they’re playing with? It’s been obvious for months that neither Charles nor Kachunga have goals in them yet Evatt continues to show faith in them whilst excluding players who have scored when called upon like Bod, Dapo and Sadlier. It just doesn’t make sense to me. 

Our best attacking force was down the left with Dapo backed by Declan John yet now Evatt has fallen out with John and sidelined Dapo in favour of the likes of Iredale who frankly has been poor since he arrived yet forced a John out. The signing of Beck, an untried and inexperienced loan has just added to the problem. Beck may turn out to be good but he’s only on loan and going back to Liverpool in the Summer so surely prioritise your own permanent players where you can. It’s still too early for me to join the Evatt out brigade but every week now he reduces my confidence in him. He’s been able to retort that we’re still in the top six but even that’s gone now and judging by yesterdays performance it’s not a question of where the next points coming from but the next goal. 

I watched the EFL highlights this morning and it’s noticeable how many goals come from set pieces with attackers powering in for headers. We never do that which given Evatt himself as a player seems incredible that he can’t get it right. I just wonder, especially after his recent comment about players leaving in January, whether he isn’t losing some in the dressing room. We’ve changed squads before in the windows but I don’t recall Evatt issuing threats like that to the public. I fear the worst but he still has chance to turn it round but if he doesn’t do it soon, I think I might have to rethink my opinion of him.

35Cambridge 0-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Cambridge 0-0 Bolton Sun Nov 13 2022, 12:37

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Let's be honest, none of the players signed by Evans have consistently played well, or even played well for two games running. Our two best players have generally been Trafford and Bradley, neither of them our player. Hence the bingo machine approach to team selection.

I can't believe we paid money for Charles as he looks out of his depth, but should we be surprised seeing as the mighty Accrington weren't arsed about playing him. Bod is clearly our best striker but always seems to be injured and Kachunga would certainly trouble the scorers in a 'worst player ever' poll.

The question Shazza must ask herself is should she risk giving Evans another transfer window to sign more rubbish.

The answer from me is definitely not.

36Cambridge 0-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Cambridge 0-0 Bolton Sun Nov 13 2022, 15:31

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I think a lot of people are beginning to agree with you Nat, why trust him to bring more players in when he can’t get a tune out of the ones he’s got? I personally think that we were a better team before the summer break and Evatt has only weakened the squad with those he’s brought in. Charles is another of those one season wonders and it’s often the players around a striker who make him look good by giving him lots of chances. I think the same about Stockton at Morecambe who prior to last season had no real scoring record then couldn’t stop scoring. This season, whilst out of the team early on he’s nowhere near the same player and the reason I didn’t want to sign him. We create very little really and then snatch at the ones we do get but there’s just no composure at all. I really don’t know what’s happened to Jones though, he was probably the most consistent player we had but this season he just seems to be nowhere and the header he missed yesterday was a perfect example of someone with zero confidence. I know things can turn very quickly but I just don’t see it. Something seems very wrong and I’m not sure Evatt will be able to turn it around. That said, we have to back him up to January but if we aren’t up with the top six I’d be seriously considering my position on him, as I suspect will FV? 😞

37Cambridge 0-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Cambridge 0-0 Bolton Sun Nov 13 2022, 22:26

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm outraged that we can't beat a team with Marvin the Moose as its mascot.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

38Cambridge 0-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Cambridge 0-0 Bolton Mon Nov 14 2022, 08:12

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Evatt is a very stubborn man and is still insisting on playing 3 at the back and playing Charles and Kachunga upfront which everyone can see is just not working!

I get the feeling we won't have much to spend in January which is a problem as for the last few seasons that's where it's turned around for us. Begs the question that why can't he find players in the close season and not have to rely on January to bail us out?

39Cambridge 0-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Cambridge 0-0 Bolton Mon Nov 14 2022, 10:39

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Norpig wrote:Evatt is a very stubborn man and is still insisting on playing 3 at the back and playing Charles and Kachunga upfront which everyone can see is just not working!

I get the feeling we won't have much to spend in January which is a problem as for the last few seasons that's where it's turned around for us. Begs the question that why can't he find players in the close season and not have to rely on January to bail us out?
I think a big part of the problem Norpig is that the signings he made like Iredale, Sadlier, Bod and Dempsey just haven’t come off. Only Bradley has really shown anything whilst for whatever reason Bod and Sadlier haven’t really been given a chance with a decent run. I don’t believe Evatt has any idea of his best eleven and just has a squad of very average players with none that stand out. I also think his self harm of alienating Declan John and demoting Dapo, who worked really well together down the left side which no others have managed to do so well, is a mistake. I don’t know what’s happened with John but I do consider he is the best attacking LEB we have and is missed. I don’t see much investment in January but unless we start winning some games soon it might be irrelevant for this season anyway?

40Cambridge 0-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Cambridge 0-0 Bolton Mon Nov 14 2022, 11:33

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can feel the tide turning, defeat at Fleetwood might finally make the happy clappers realise this manager is taking us nowhere.

We have a squad of below average players all signed by Evans, the few half decent players we do have are either benched or played out of position.

Football isn't rocket science, but Evans makes it seem difficult.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum