Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bonce's own personal thread. Volume X

+8
okocha
Natasha Whittam
boltonbonce
karlypants
Norpig
BoltonTillIDie
Sluffy
Ten Bobsworth
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 29 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 50]

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fawlty Towers is coming back. Not sure it's a good idea.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-64563839

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:I should have learned by now that telling my old mum anything about anything is a mistake.
There was an item on the radio yesterday about Carrs pasties providing pasty and peas at a drag queens wedding.
I should have kept it to myself, because she's been phoning all her friends and excitedly telling them that the staff at Carrs are all drag queens, and they'd won a contest on the telly.
She was 93 on Sunday. Worryingly she's developed a passion for Red Bull. God help us.

Very Happy

Your Mum sounds quite the character. Ask her if she's prepared to replace you on here.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Fawlty Towers is coming back. Not sure it's a good idea.

It'll be a disaster in my opinion. Connie Booth co-wrote the original, why isn't she involved?

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Very Happy

Your Mum sounds quite the character. Ask her if she's prepared to replace you on here.
She doesn't like football. She has always referred to the Wanderers as 'that lot'.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:Fawlty Towers is coming back. Not sure it's a good idea.

It'll be a disaster in my opinion. Connie Booth co-wrote the original, why isn't she involved?

They are in old age now and Andrew Sachs died years ago plus the remake is never as good.

Open All Hours is a bad example.

The BBC are scraping the barrel!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:They are in old age now

Are you saying old people can't write?

Ageist.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cleese has become something of a 'darling' on GB News, and I'm pretty sure where this new iteration  of FT is going.
He's stretched what was only a modicum of talent a long way, and he'd be wise to give this project the boot.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
Thanks for that, Boncey.

He didn't seem to give too much away, did he? If there's anyone who knows all the secrets it would be Simon but he's always been the soul of discretion.

Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on Fri Feb 10 2023, 10:25; edited 1 time in total

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I actually watched this during my breakfast. I'm not sure who I feel sorrier for. Me, or the guy posting it.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ever wondered what goes on inside my head?

Cajunboy

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hacker Des Places has been declared to run in the following race:

Saturday 11 February
3.35 Newbury (ITV4) - Betfair Hurdle (Class 1) (Premier Handicap) 2m+

There are 18 runners and Angus Cheleda (5) rides. Paul Nicholls says Hacker Des Places came out of his win at Cheltenham a fortnight ago in good form, and he is ready to run again. Paul says he is proven in these top-class handicaps with plenty of runners, but his only concern is the ground. Paul says Newbury have not yet disclosed how dry the ground is, as frost covers have been on the course since last Sunday, but the Clerk of the Course anticipates good ground. Paul says should the ground be good to firm, he would be hesitant to run Hacker Des Places. Paul says if the ground is good, then he hopes Hacker Des Places has a good chance of making the frame in this very competitive handicap. 

Our View: Irish raider Filey Bay is the current favourite based on two wins within a week in low-grade races in Britain in November/December. Rubaud is also trained by Paul Nicholls. He won twice at Taunton in the autumn and found the soft ground against him when runner-up at Kempton on Boxing Day; the going should not be a problem at Newbury. Icare Allen has won at Grade 3 level over hurdles, and has been placed in a Grade 2 this season, but has plenty of weight. Monviel won well at Ascot when last seen in November, and has gone up 10lb. No Ordinary Joe has gone up 5lb for winning by a head at Kempton in December. Aucunrisque won the Grade 2 Dovecote Novices' Hurdle last season, and has won and been placed over fences this season. Teddy Blue and Yorksea represent the in-form Gary Moore. Highway One O Two beat Hacker Des Places at Ascot in October, and finished third in the Christmas Hurdle when last seen.

Hacker Des Places has continued to improve with racing, and is very effective in these ultra-competitive cavalry-charge handicaps. The fast pace helps him to settle, and his free-going running style means he can race up behind the leaders. If the ground is good enough for him to run, we hope he has a serious chance of making the frame once again. We consider a value price to be 7/1. 

Badge booking for this race has closed. 

Cajunboy

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Bonce's own personal thread. Volume X - Page 8 CalvadaugeCALVA D'AUGE

Report by Owners Group 

Calva D'Auge has been a wonderful horse over the last few seasons and despite his small stature, he has proven time and time again what a huge heart he has. A winner of seven races in Owners Group colours, Calva D'Auge, who turned eight last month, has had a tough 12 months and after being struck into by another horse at Stratford in June, he then suffered a severe bout of colic, which required surgery. Fortunately, Calva D'Auge is now on the road to recovery and the vets have been pleased with his progress. Regarding the injury Calva D'Auge suffered at Stratford, which was basically major damage to a hind tendon, he requires another five or six months of rehabilitation before a return to training could be considered. If everything continued to go well, the earliest he would be able to head back into training is likely to be September. It would then take a few months of work before he'd be ready to run. 

Given the severity of the injury and Calva D'Auge's increasing age, we feel that retirement from racing is the best option for him. We believe that Calva D'Auge has achieved so much on the racecourse, but he is unlikely to hit those heights again given this significant setback and length of time on the sidelines. We feel lucky that the injury is healing well and if everything continues to go smoothly, he should be able to enjoy a quieter life as a riding horse further down the line. It would be very tough for Calva D'Auge to come back and contest competitive handicap hurdles (given his high rating of 142 in this sphere) and he showed in two starts over fences last season that he probably isn't suited to jumping the bigger obstacles in the longer term. Calva D'Auge has such a positive and generous nature that the last thing we want to do is abuse this. The current plan is for him to remain at EquiPrep for the remainder of his rehabilitation, before hopefully finding him a suitable home as a riding horse in due course. Thank you for your support of Calva D'Auge - he is likely to be the 'horse of a lifetime' for many of his owners. 

If Calva D'Auge is rehomed prior to the syndicate end date of 1 May 2023, there will be a pro-rata refund due to you.

Many thanks for your support of Owners Group and Calva D'Auge.

Cajunboy

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hi, thought you would be interested in these two posts.

It's a shame about Calva D'Auge, he was such a genuine tough horse.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:Hi, thought you would be interested in these two posts.

It's a shame about Calva D'Auge, he was such a genuine tough horse.
Hope Calva has a happy retirement. A tough little horse indeed.

Hacker has been withdrawn.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Why is Natasha looking like a blow up doll I wonder?

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Why is Natasha looking like a blow up doll I wonder?
I had a blow up doll once but it went down on me.
I took it back to the shop and the salesman said, 'If I'd known it could do that I'd have charged you an extra thirty quid'.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bonce's own personal thread. Volume X - Page 8 Auto-9gag-1656945

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 29 ... 50  Next