Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bonce's own personal thread. Volume X

+8
okocha
Natasha Whittam
boltonbonce
karlypants
Norpig
BoltonTillIDie
Sluffy
Ten Bobsworth
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 32 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 50]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The parachute jump sounded healthier Bonce. Even at your age!  Very Happy

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
You'll be wearing a MAGA hat next you plastic yank  Very Happy
Never,
Mind you, I even bought the right jelly. Bit pricey though  £22 for two jars.

Bonce's own personal thread. Volume X - Page 14 71K4OvCPRbL._AC_SL1500_

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't wash my legs in the shower. I just let the water dribble down. And that's even before I turn the shower on.
Just a little insight into my world.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:I don't wash my legs in the shower. I just let the water dribble down. And that's even before I turn the shower on.

Shower habits. A new low for Nuts.

Cajunboy

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:I don't wash my legs in the shower. I just let the water dribble down. And that's even before I turn the shower on.
Why do we need to know this!

Cajunboy

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I don't know if any of you have been watching THE CLEANER, bit of a mixed bag of  macabre surreal humour.

The final one shown last night on BBC ONEi is a real hoot

Worth a watch if you have a spare 30 minutes.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Laughing Laughing

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:I don't know if any of you have been watching THE CLEANER, bit of a mixed bag of  macabre surreal humour.

The final one shown last night on BBC ONEi is a real hoot

Worth a watch if you have a spare 30 minutes.
Sorry Cajun, but I hate it. And I laugh at most things.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Shower habits. A new low for Nuts.
At least I don't have to shampoo mine. Legs that is.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Sorry Cajun, but I hate it. And I laugh at most things.

He was talking about TV, not the mirror.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Interesting piece in The Guardian. Any views?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2023/apr/24/watford-season-ticket-fans-pozzo
 A good read and it rang a lot of bells. I have thought about giving up mine a few times in the last few years but never actually do it. I used to feel guilty about missing games but things change, i have a family now and it's still important just not my top priority as it used to be.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
 A good read and it rang a lot of bells. I have thought about giving up mine a few times in the last few years but never actually do it. I used to feel guilty about missing games but things change, i have a family now and it's still important just not my top priority as it used to be.
Pretty much the same for me. As a teenager I followed the Whites home and away, but at some point in my twenties, real life took over, and I was reduced to home games only, apart from the odd Wembley trip, and local away fixtures.
Will still buy my season ticket, despite, due to family issues, not being able to make every game, but I think I'm in a different place than the writer, in that I don't think the club has lost touch with its fan base.
Times change, but, for me, the love remains.
I'll still be dragging my sorry arse there when I'm 90. If I make it that far. Wink

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

He was talking about TV, not the mirror.
Cow. Mad

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
Pretty much the same for me. As a teenager I followed the Whites home and away, but at some point in my twenties, real life took over, and I was reduced to home games only, apart from the odd Wembley trip, and local away fixtures.
Will still buy my season ticket, despite, due to family issues, not being able to make every game, but I think I'm in a different place than the writer, in that I don't think the club has lost touch with its fan base.
Times change, but, for me, the love remains.
I'll still be dragging my sorry arse there when I'm 90. If I make it that far. Wink
This part of his article summed it up perfectly for me

There will be some people, unfamiliar with the concept of paying to be repeatedly inconvenienced, miserable and cold, who do not understand how any kind of dilemma exists here. The idea of doing this to yourself is manifestly imbecilic. But for football supporters, turning your back on your team is treachery. Our job is not just to enjoy the good times but to endure the bad

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I still go, mainly because my Dad goes and I feel it's my duty to keep him company - even though he usually ignores me the whole time and talks to his pals round where we sit.

In truth I haven't enjoyed watching Bolton for a long time. I keep hearing that we play good football but I find our "brand" sleep inducing, no better than hoofball under Parky. I get a lot more enjoyment watching Premier League football even though I don't support anyone there.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
This part of his article summed it up perfectly for me

There will be some people, unfamiliar with the concept of paying to be repeatedly inconvenienced, miserable and cold, who do not understand how any kind of dilemma exists here. The idea of doing this to yourself is manifestly imbecilic. But for football supporters, turning your back on your team is treachery. Our job is not just to enjoy the good times but to endure the bad
Times change I suppose.
I remember standing outside Burnden, waiting, with a few mates ,for our new signing John Manning to appear, and snag an autograph.
Appear he did, and proceeded to spend a good fifty minutes chatting about his career, and his hopes for his future with the Whites.
Not something I'd expect to happen now.
Like it or not, the connection between supporter and club is fractured in some degree, and might never fully heal.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm a long time Kindle user, but I've just ordered my first Kobo e-reader. 
Anyone use one?
Any good?

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can't help feeling that this reflects my relationship with amazon. I need to fight back.

Cajunboy

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

LATE NEWS

DUTCH DECOY  3.25 NEWMARKET 1.1F

CLASS TWO

LOW WEIGHT

SHOULD BE GOOD ODDS

BET 365 33/1

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 32 ... 50  Next