Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bonce's own personal thread. Volume X

+8
okocha
Natasha Whittam
boltonbonce
karlypants
Norpig
BoltonTillIDie
Sluffy
Ten Bobsworth
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 46 of 50]

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Peter Crouch has a very popular podcast and that used to be on BBC and have since moved to Acast. Shagged, Married, Annoyed is another on there.
If they need to make money to help with production costs and costs to push to the likes of Apple, Spotify, Amazon Music, they would need to have sponsors and Acast seems to be able to help monetise them.

Like Bonce says, it’s nice to get a Bolton fix and hear the views of fellow Bolton fans.

I did used to listen to the men in white podcast from a while ago. I did try the Buff once but couldn’t get into it

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Peter Crouch has a very popular podcast and that used to be on BBC and have since moved to Acast.  Shagged, Married, Annoyed is another on there.  
If they need to make money to help with production costs and costs to push to the likes of Apple, Spotify, Amazon Music, they would need to have sponsors and Acast seems to be able to help monetise them.

Like Bonce says, it’s nice to get a Bolton fix and hear the views of fellow Bolton fans.

I did used to listen to the men in white podcast from a while ago.  I did try the Buff once but couldn’t get into it

Thank you, but that wasn't the point I was making.

The thing with Crouch and presumably Shagged, Married, Annoyed, is that they are 'giving out' something that people can't get from elsewhere - Crouch with his true life tales and SMA presumably salacious gossip based on or around true events.

I can understand them monetarising that as people are stupid enough to pay for such mind-numbing dross (although I doubt Crouch needs the money).  

I also see that people like Alan Nixon has monetarised his transfer knowledge/gossip by going on to Patreon.

I follow a few accounts who report and analyse on the war in Ukraine and some of them have monetarised their accounts, some on the basis to fund satellite imagery of the war fronts in order to do their daily updates, some on the basis of being online for much of the day, some to raise funds for aid to Ukraine and some simply to pay their bills as their reporting seems to have become their fulltime job.

All the above (Crouch, Nixon, the Ukraine reporters) are basically 'selling' something unique to them - their life tales - Crouch, their football contacts - Nixon, their up to date news translated into English - the Ukrainians - but what exactly is The Wanderers unique selling point?

They simply don't have one in my opinion.

They might be passionate supporters but I don't believe Dearden has much if any insider gossip from the dressing room, Tetlow might have some connections to FV in her role at the ST but I very much doubt FV shares anything important with her or them (the ST) and I don't know much about the other bloke other than being a fan of the club as we all are.

So, its just basically three random fans expressing their views and opinions on the club are they not...?

Why would anyone want to subscribe to that as any other three random fans could do exactly the same, thing could they not?

Obviously you, Bonce and others enjoy the podcast and may even subscribe to it if they monitories it in future but it is hardly going to amount to enough for them to quit their day jobs is it?

So what's in it for them to continue to podcast?

I could understand if it was something they wanted to do - like you Karly and I want to run a little BWFC footy forum but none of us expected for it to earn us any money, indeed we've mostly funded it ourselves until the last few years.

I don't know how these things work but I'm sure they could get their podcast 'out there' for people to hear without it costing them a fortune - and let's be honest Dearden and Tetlow aren't short of a bob or two if they had to fund it themselves - are they?

Maybe I'll be proved wrong but I just don't think they are motivated enough to do the podcast without it being handed to them on a plate as Radio Manchester has done for them up to now.

If they really wanted to carry on with it they would already have made plans to record the next podcast and post it up on Facebook or Twitter, etc, whilst they are working on something more permanent out and not 'taking a break' searching for a sponsor and telling you to 'watch this space'.

That's what I would be doing anyway.

I wouldn't be thinking of the money side at all - I'd be more wrapt up in getting something out for next week and making sure the podcast lived on and worry about sponsors and costs once I got something fixed (albeit just temporary) for the next few weeks at least.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Word is, The Buff podcast is going twice weekly. Not sure when.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Makes you wonder what's up there. What a Face

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd have flattened him within a minute. Bonce's own personal thread. Volume X - Page 46 1f62c

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Best thing on the socials this week. Gave me a good laugh that.

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I found The Wanderer to be pretty boring and hard to get through whenever I listened. I crave Wanderers content but it rarely hit the spot for me. Good luck to them finding a new home though.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote:I found The Wanderer to be pretty boring and hard to get through whenever I listened. I crave Wanderers content but it rarely hit the spot for me. Good luck to them finding a new home though.
It was never great, but scratched an itch once a week. Won't find anything on talkSport unless you're in the top eight of the Prem.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Don't laugh.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whilst on the sick list I've been sorting out some books, DVD's and CD's, to send off to Ziffit. Might as well make a few bob out of them as local charities are loathe to come and pick them up.
2024 is gonna be my year of de-cluttering.
Apart from the footy stuff of course. Very Happy

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mrs Norpig is an avid reader and was going to try and sell her books on one of those type of websites but they offered her literally a penny each on some books and some they didn't even want! Is Ziffit any better Boncey?

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Mrs Norpig is an avid reader and was going to try and sell her books on one of those type of websites but they offered her literally a penny each on some books and some they didn't even want! Is Ziffit any better Boncey?
It's pretty good, but don't expect to make a fortune. Some of the prices are very odd.
They offered me £1.30 for the complete Poirot (24DVD's), but I got nearly four quid for one series of Selwyn Froggitt.
Still, I've made a few bob, and cleared some space.
Worth having a look at if you've got a lot of books, dvd's and CD's.
Someone tried to sneak my Thelonious Monk CD's into the parcel, but I was wise to it. Very Happy

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bonce's own personal thread. Volume X - Page 46 Photo-22

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Keep your wits about you Bonce. Very Happy

It wouldn't surprise me with this bloody government!

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Still being a bit under the weather, I'm conducting all my business from my bed. Not a pretty sight, but needs must.
To cut down on the typing, I decided to use Siri, but the results were mixed.
Having commanded her to take me to Boltonnuts, she took me to Nuts & Bolts in Chorley.
I'm now reluctant to ask for internet banking. Neutral

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Still being a bit under the weather, I'm conducting all my business from my bed. Not a pretty sight, but needs must.
To cut down on the typing, I decided to use Siri, but the results were mixed.
Having commanded her to take me to Boltonnuts, she took me to Nuts & Bolts in Chorley.
I'm now reluctant to ask for internet banking. Neutral

What’s the worse that could happen Bonce's own personal thread. Volume X - Page 46 1f602

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 46 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum