Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Russell Brand - the latest sex pest?

+7
Norpig
Hipster_Nebula
karlypants
Ten Bobsworth
boltonbonce
Natasha Whittam
Sluffy
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Russell Brand - the latest sex pest? Empty Russell Brand - the latest sex pest? Sat Sep 16 2023, 22:37

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Russell Brand accused of rape and sexual assault

Comedian and actor Russell Brand has been accused of rape, sexual assaults and emotional abuse during a seven-year period at the height of his fame.

The allegations were made in a joint investigation by the Sunday Times, the Times and Channel 4's Dispatches.

Four women are alleging sexual assaults between 2006 and 2013.

Brand has denied the allegations and said his relationships have been "always consensual".

A second woman alleges that Brand assaulted her when he was in his early 30s and she was 16 and still at school. She alleges he referred to her as "the child" during an emotionally abusive and controlling relationship.

The woman who said she was 16 when she first came into contact with Brand told the Times: "Russell engaged in the behaviours of a groomer, looking back, but I didn't even know what that was then, or what that looked like."

Another woman alleged to the newspaper that she repeatedly told Brand to get off her during one sexual assault, and that when he eventually relented he "flipped" and was "super angry".

A different woman claimed that Brand pushed her up against the wall and raped her, without a condom. She alleged Brand tried to stop her leaving until she told him she was going to the bathroom.

"I ran out and I jumped in my car - thank God I didn't park in his driveway - and booked it out of there," she said.

The woman who said she was 16 at the time she met Brand told the Times she took her allegations to his literary agent Angharad Wood, the co-founder of Tavistock Wood, owned by Curtis Brown, in 2020.

Tavistock Wood told the BBC: "Russell Brand categorically and vehemently denied the allegation made in 2020, but we now believe we were horribly misled by him. Tavistock Wood has terminated all professional ties to Brand."

Full article here -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-66831593

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

From the beginning, Brand's personality was not for everyone, and for every viewer who loved him, there was another who couldn't stand him. But his divisiveness only increased his cultural cachet.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-66822781

I was one who couldn't stand him, still can't.

Could never understand why people thought he was so funny?

I'm laughing at him now though!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You're laughing at a bloke being accused of a heinous crime without any hard evidence?

For someone who has spent the last few years banging on about "facts" this is a very strange post.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can't forgive him what he, and his equally odious mate, Ross, did to Andrew Sachs.

His arse must be jealous about what comes out of his mouth.

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:From the beginning, Brand's personality was not for everyone, and for every viewer who loved him, there was another who couldn't stand him. But his divisiveness only increased his cultural cachet.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-66822781

I was one who couldn't stand him, still can't.

Could never understand why people thought he was so funny?

I'm laughing at him now though!

I always thought he was creepy too, Sluffy. Mind you I always thought Jimmy Saville, Fred Talbot and Stuart Hall were creepy.

"A predatory child abuser could still be lurking in the BBC ", reported Dame Janet Smith in 2016.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/predatory-child-abuser-could-still-7444780

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I always thought he was a sex pest pervert. He’s a weirdo and never found him to be funny. Just a loud mouth lager lout!

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Groupies with regret and looking for a pay day.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Groupies with regret and looking for a pay day.
 Even the ones he raped?

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Groupies with regret and looking for a pay day.

If there’s anyone who looks like a rapist it’s him.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:You're laughing at a bloke being accused of a heinous crime without any hard evidence?

For someone who has spent the last few years banging on about "facts" this is a very strange post.

Yes I'm laughing at an unfunny person (imo) finding himself in a position he doesn't like.

It's called Schadenfreude

('harm-joy') is the experience of pleasure, joy, or self-satisfaction that comes from learning of or witnessing the troubles, failures, or humiliation of another. It is a borrowed word from German, with no direct translation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schadenfreude

Fwiw Brand is 'accused' of rape - but an accusation is not a proven fact - as you are well aware.

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:

Yes I'm laughing at an unfunny person (imo) finding himself in a position he doesn't like.

('harm-joy') is the experience of pleasure, joy, or self-satisfaction that comes from learning of or witnessing the troubles, failures, or humiliation of another. It is a borrowed word from German, with no direct translation.

Fwiw Brand is 'accused' of rape - but an accusation is not a proven fact - as you are well aware.
If you'll forgive me for saying so, Sluffy, you seem to be selective about 'facts' and 'fiction'.

A fact is not a fact because someone in authority says it. Neither is a falsehood not a falsehood until its proven to be false in a Court of Law.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

If you'll forgive me for saying so, Sluffy, you seem to be selective about 'facts' and 'fiction'.

A fact is not a fact because someone in authority says it. Neither is a falsehood not a falsehood until its proven to be false in a Court of Law.

Fact
noun

A thing that is known or proved to be true.

https://tinyurl.com/y84e59fz

It is a fact that he's been accused, but the accusation has yet to be proven to be true - ie become a fact itself.

Christ we all know I was making a JOKE about the irony here - and folks are currently on my back about ME being petty!!!

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

One woman described the moment she says Brand tried to attack her at his house

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

And another video, this time of staff saying they were basically working as Brand's pimps!!!

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Why was self-confessed narcissist Russell Brand ever lauded by the Left, asks Guy Adams?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12529349/GUY-ADAMS-Russell-Brand-Left-liberal-media.html

Note the beenie hat and tatts. It was the new uniform.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well, he was never lauded by me.

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:Well, he was never lauded by me.
Always Captain Sensible, our Boncey! Smile

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
Always Captain Sensible, our Boncey! Smile
Brand is living proof that, you can't polish a turd, but you can sprinkle glitter on it.

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Never liked the guy and still don’t but you can’t really blame a hot blooded young bloke, being lauded and acclaimed from taking advantage of female admirers. This isn’t new it’s as old as the hills and in my view perfectly natural. Good looking, famous young bloke who’s come from nothing chased by naive and sexually promiscuous young girls. What do they thinks going to happen? Apart from the fact it’s taken over 10 years for these stories to come out why is anyone surprised. Brand admitted a decade ago that his promiscuity was a problem and he went for treatment for it so that is well known. It’s really hard to prove rape when these girls probably put themselves in their position voluntarily so I think before we jump to conclusions we should at least wait for the facts to be put through the courts before being too judgemental on what’s happened. Either way, guilty or not, it’s put paid to Brands career. Can’t say I’m remotely bothered about that and if what is suggested by the girls really did happen, I hope he’s put away for a considerable stretch.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Whitesince63 wrote:Never liked the guy and still don’t but you can’t really blame a hot blooded young bloke, being lauded and acclaimed from taking advantage of female admirers. This isn’t new it’s as old as the hills and in my view perfectly natural. Good looking, famous young bloke who’s come from nothing chased by naive and sexually promiscuous young girls. What do they thinks going to happen? Apart from the fact it’s taken over 10 years for these stories to come out why is anyone surprised. Brand admitted a decade ago that his promiscuity was a problem and he went for treatment for it so that is well known. It’s really hard to prove rape when these girls probably put themselves in their position voluntarily so I think before we jump to conclusions we should at least wait for the facts to be put through the courts before being too judgemental on what’s happened. Either way, guilty or not, it’s put paid to Brands career. Can’t say I’m remotely bothered about that and if what is suggested by the girls really did happen, I hope he’s put away for a considerable stretch.

There's a big difference between a 30 odd year old having sex with willing partners and having sex with women who say no and a 16 year old school girl.

I doubt the Times and C4 have gone public with all this unless they are 100% sure of their facts - particularly after that recent shambles by The Sun in respect of a similar story about Huw Edwards.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum