Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Found

+4
From Despair To Where?
Whitesince63
boltonbonce
BoltonTillIDie
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Found - Page 2 Empty Re: Found Mon Jan 22 2024, 12:24

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Its not really about footie, is it Sluffy? Its about political bigots like Maguire, Iles and Conn influencing the ill-advised and gullible and fomenting witch hunts through false and fatuous assertions all made on the basis of half-baked analysis as seen through the unreliable lenses of leftyspecs.

Your new-found PBP seems to be another small-time keyboard warrior of that ilk. Plainly they think of themselves as being intelligent, kind and caring but in reality they are precisely the opposite.

Have a nice day yourself.

22Found - Page 2 Empty Re: Found Mon Jan 22 2024, 12:30

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just been reading about Maurice Dobson, a cross dressing miner from Barnsley (1912-1990). What a story.
Why haven't I heard of him before?
What a wonderful thing is the internet. Most of the time.
Found - Page 2 1_EayO6Z5WoAE_w8Tjfif

23Found - Page 2 Empty Re: Found Mon Jan 22 2024, 12:41

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:Just been reading about Maurice Dobson, a cross dressing miner from Barnsley (1912-1990). What a story.
Why haven't I heard of him before?
What a wonderful thing is the internet. Most of the time.
Found - Page 2 1_EayO6Z5WoAE_w8Tjfif
How you spend your time is your affair, Boncey?

I'm more interested in the apparent sycophancy and wilful blindness of the Grauniad, the Beeno, the ST and Unibol over the leg end that is Doctor Dean Christopher Holdsworth.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/mar/11/dean-holdsworth-bolton-wanderers-championship

Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on Mon Jan 22 2024, 12:43; edited 1 time in total

24Found - Page 2 Empty Re: Found Mon Jan 22 2024, 12:42

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
How you spend your time is your affair, Boncey?

I'm more interested in the apparent sycophancy and wilful blindness of the Grauniad, the Beeno, the ST and Unibol over the leg end that is Dean Christopher Holdsworth.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/mar/11/dean-holdsworth-bolton-wanderers-championship
We know. Very Happy

25Found - Page 2 Empty Re: Found Mon Jan 22 2024, 12:45

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Speaking of flamboyant characters, RIP Adrian Street. Bit late as he died a few months ago.
Found - Page 2 4832

26Found - Page 2 Empty Re: Found Mon Jan 22 2024, 12:47

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
We know. Very Happy
Have you ever thought what the Grauniad, the Beeno, the ST and Unibol might have in common, Boncey?

27Found - Page 2 Empty Re: Found Mon Jan 22 2024, 12:49

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
Have you ever thought what the Grauniad, the Beeno, the ST and Unibol might have in common, Boncey?
No. I've been busy researching Frank Lentini, the man with three legs.

28Found - Page 2 Empty Re: Found Mon Jan 22 2024, 13:09

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
No. I've been busy researching Frank Lentini, the man with three legs.
Legs left, right and centre then? How unfortunate.

Unlike the Grauniad, the Beeno, the ST and Unibol all of which  seem to be run or heavily influenced by the left-leaning fraternity.

29Found - Page 2 Empty Re: Found Mon Jan 22 2024, 13:22

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Ten Bobsworth wrote:Its not really about footie, is it Sluffy? Its about political bigots like Maguire, Iles and Conn influencing the ill-advised and gullible and fomenting witch hunts through false and fatuous assertions all made on the basis of half-baked analysis as seen through the unreliable lenses of leftyspecs.

Your new-found PBP seems to be another small-time keyboard warrior of that ilk. Plainly they think of themselves as being intelligent, kind and caring but in reality they are precisely the opposite.

Have a nice day yourself.

Thank you, I intend to.

As for politics I've probably seen and experienced more of it than most, having worked to administrations of both left and right throughout my career and having to ensure that their ideological polices are at least implemented within the law and those that couldn't amended or stopped altogether.

As in most things the majority of elected members were decent people but it was always those at the extremes who were the ones out for attention, influence and ultimately power.

I've no time for either political side, both forms of extremism are harmful and destabilising, just look how Trumpism has made the Republican party into virtually one that lead to the usurping of democracy with the rejection of the last presidential elections.

People are naive in many ways, we live our life's in the bubble we were raised in, we think and behave in the manner we see all around us, and pass all this on to our children and the cycle goes on.

These days with social media and political doctrinarianism people swallow what they are fed without questioning and reject out of hand anything that doesn't agree with what they believe, you only have to look and you can see examples on here, Wanderlust hates the Tories and everything they do and W63 visa versa (to a less extreme event it most be said).

Now if you believe you can somehow change the world Bob by changing people's blind loyalty to the likes of Maguire, Iles (local newspaper journalist reporting on the Wanderers) and Conn, then you are clearly doomed to failure.

Let me flip it, let us say you succeed, that you do open peoples eyes to them, so what?

It isn't going to change anything.

The vast majority have never heard of Maguire, Iles and Conn, you aren't going to impinge on how they continue to view the world.

And finally if your goal is really to change minds then how do you intend to achieve it by insulting and demeaning the ones you hope to convert?

People prefer honey to vinegar, praise to admonishment, kindness to harsh treatment.

In fact you are the one who hasn't got your thinking head on if you can't even see that.

30Found - Page 2 Empty Re: Found Mon Jan 22 2024, 16:52

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Ken seemed quite fond of quoting Churchill who once said:

'I'd rather argue against a hundred idiots than have one agree with me'.

I disagree. There's neither fun nor point in arguing with idiots. The only sensible thing is to lampoon them.

Much wiser is this anonymous quote:

'Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good you are the bird will shit on the board and strut around like it's won anyway.

I don't know why but it kind of reminded me of erm ......
well a few folk really.

31Found - Page 2 Empty Re: Found Tue Jan 23 2024, 17:35

From Despair To Where?

David Ngog
David Ngog

I see he's using his "talkin out of" arse on here as well.

32Found - Page 2 Empty Re: Found Tue Jan 23 2024, 17:57

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There’s a couple of members who do that on here Very Happy

33Found - Page 2 Empty Re: Found Tue Jan 23 2024, 18:51

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

karlypants wrote:There’s a couple of members who do that on here Very Happy
A couple?

34Found - Page 2 Empty Re: Found Tue Jan 23 2024, 18:54

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
karlypants wrote:There’s a couple of members who do that on here Very Happy
A couple?

Yes. Very Happy

35Found - Page 2 Empty Re: Found Wed Jan 24 2024, 09:01

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Today's the day Auntie Sharon is supposed to tell us who owns all the shares. Will she? Will it be last minute or Fergie time again?

Will it make much difference? Not really but it would nice to know who is going to be steering the ship for the foreseeable, where recent funding has come from and where future funding is likely to come from.

36Found - Page 2 Empty Re: Found Thu Jan 25 2024, 08:05

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:

Thank you, I intend to.

As for politics I've probably seen and experienced more of it than most, having worked to administrations of both left and right throughout my career and having to ensure that their ideological polices are at least implemented within the law and those that couldn't amended or stopped altogether.

As in most things the majority of elected members were decent people but it was always those at the extremes who were the ones out for attention, influence and ultimately power.

I've no time for either political side, both forms of extremism are harmful and destabilising, just look how Trumpism has made the Republican party into virtually one that lead to the usurping of democracy with the rejection of the last presidential elections.

People are naive in many ways, we live our life's in the bubble we were raised in, we think and behave in the manner we see all around us, and pass all this on to our children and the cycle goes on.

These days with social media and political doctrinarianism people swallow what they are fed without questioning and reject out of hand anything that doesn't agree with what they believe, you only have to look and you can see examples on here, Wanderlust hates the Tories and everything they do and W63 visa versa (to a less extreme event it most be said).

Now if you believe you can somehow change the world Bob by changing people's blind loyalty to the likes of Maguire, Iles (local newspaper journalist reporting on the Wanderers) and Conn, then you are clearly doomed to failure.

Let me flip it, let us say you succeed, that you do open peoples eyes to them, so what?

It isn't going to change anything.

The vast majority have never heard of Maguire, Iles and Conn, you aren't going to impinge on how they continue to view the world.

And finally if your goal is really to change minds then how do you intend to achieve it by insulting and demeaning the ones you hope to convert?

People prefer honey to vinegar, praise to admonishment, kindness to harsh treatment.

In fact you are the one who hasn't got your thinking head on if you can't even see that.
One difference between you and I Sluffy concerns weasels. 
Weasels don't care about the truth.
Weasels don't care about the facts. 
Weasels don't care about false accusation. 
Weasels don't care about fomenting witch hunts. 
Weasels don't even care about false imprisonment.
There are a lot of weasels and they like nothing better than ganging together with other weasels.
And when all their weaseling is proved to be nothing other than weaseling, they pretend that they were never weasels in the first place.
I don't like weasels and I'm not going to pretend otherwise.

Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on Thu Jan 25 2024, 08:41; edited 1 time in total

37Found - Page 2 Empty Re: Found Thu Jan 25 2024, 08:39

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Found - Page 2 200.gif?cid=a87a70e6owjnpal23f9zx5uxc7bsxjxu6n38sd2084j73fuq&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200

38Found - Page 2 Empty Re: Found Thu Jan 25 2024, 08:44

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:Found - Page 2 200.gif?cid=a87a70e6owjnpal23f9zx5uxc7bsxjxu6n38sd2084j73fuq&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200
Rushed off your feet this morning, Walter?

39Found - Page 2 Empty Re: Found Thu Jan 25 2024, 09:06

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You know us in the NHS, work dodgers the lot of us

40Found - Page 2 Empty Re: Found Thu Jan 25 2024, 09:20

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:You know us in the NHS, work dodgers the lot of us
Overrun by weasels according to Peter Duffy and countless others.

https://www.integrityline.com/en-gb/expertise/blog/whistleblowing-interview-peter-duffy/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum