Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bonce's own personal thread. Volume XI

+7
boltonbonce
Sluffy
karlypants
Norpig
Ten Bobsworth
wanderlust
Bwfc1958
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 13]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Went to the medical centre today for a health review. My blood pressure is A1. As a Wanderer I find that hard to credit.
On the less positive, I need to lose a stone. Crying or Very sad

And the ironic thing is you have been told by an overweight nurse who probably smokes and has a bottle of wine every night? Very Happy

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:

And the ironic thing is you have been told by an overweight nurse who probably smokes and has a bottle of wine every night? Very Happy
She was actually very petite. What worried me was the sight of my doctor being given tips on giving injections by another nurse. I'd have hoped he was fully versed! Neutral

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
karlypants wrote:

She was actually very petite. What worried me was the sight of my doctor being given tips on giving injections by another nurse. I'd have hoped he was fully versed! Neutral

Shocked

I see the lovely Tania who takes my blood now and no one else gets a chance due to my mum coming home black and blue up her arm after a nurse tried getting blood out of her

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Most of talkSPORT this morning has been taken up with the question as to whether Lee Carsley should sing the National Anthem.
Jesus wept!

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:Most of talkSPORT this morning has been taken up with the question as to whether Lee Carsley should sing the National Anthem.

Jesus wept!

Just goes to show what a great anthem it is!

(Wonder what he does when they play Jerusalem?)

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

Just goes to show what a great anthem it is!

(Wonder what he does when they play Jerusalem?)

Very Happy

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tragic. Rolling Eyes

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Since Mum died I've been doing a bit of research on her old haunts.
She was born and brought up in Salford, Pimlott street, Hanky Park, to be exact. Heck of a lot of changes since the thirties of course, but I always felt she had a hankering for the past. I suppose we all do as we get older.
Hanky Park finally came down of course, and I found this particularly sad. Can't find a decent pub these days.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just updated to the latest Apple operating system, 'Sequoia', and I must say, it was a smoother experience than is usually the case.
In previous years I've had to lie down with a wet flannel over my face.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My old mate Dutch Decoy goes in the 3.40 at Newmarket today, so at 33/1, I'll be on.

Been a bad start to the weekend with Salford losing in the play offs last night to Leigh, so I'm hoping today is an improvement. Just been down to get Mum's framed shirt from The Picture Loft in town. Top job.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dutch Decoy let me down again. Crying or Very sad

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Dutch Decoy let me down again. Crying or Very sad

Should have put your money on Bolton instead! Very Happy

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:

Should have put your money on Bolton instead! Very Happy
I never put the Whites on a bet. Very Happy

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Framed shirt came out a treat though. :like:

Bonce's own personal thread. Volume XI - Page 13 Img_5410

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's a nice memento of your mum that Bonce. I take it she was a Wanderers fan? Smile

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very nice

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:It's a nice memento of your mum that Bonce. I take it she was a Wanderers fan? Smile
No. But she had to suffer my moans and groans and sulks for over 60 years. In my teens she'd have to check the score to see if it was worth putting my tea on. She knew if we'd lost I wouldn't eat.
I think she's earned the shirt, if only for putting up with me. Good job dad preferred rugby.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
karlypants wrote:It's a nice memento of your mum that Bonce. I take it she was a Wanderers fan? Smile
No. But she had to suffer my moans and groans and sulks for over 60 years. In my teens she'd have to check the score to see if it was worth putting my tea on. She knew if we'd lost I wouldn't eat.
I think she's earned the shirt, if only for putting up with me. Good job dad preferred rugby.

Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum