Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Playoff Final: Bolton 0-2 Oxford

+11
karlypants
Hipster_Nebula
luckyPeterpiper
terenceanne
Sluffy
boltonbonce
Cajunboy
okocha
Keegan
finlaymcdanger
Whitesince63
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Playoff Final: Bolton 0-2 Oxford - Page 2 Empty Re: Playoff Final: Bolton 0-2 Oxford Sat May 18 2024, 17:16

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Watching on TV I can't believe just how bad we have been.

My head says it's all over already and we are destined for yet another season in League One.

Hoping for a miracle now and an early goal for us in the second half.

22Playoff Final: Bolton 0-2 Oxford - Page 2 Empty Re: Playoff Final: Bolton 0-2 Oxford Sat May 18 2024, 17:17

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:Watching on TV I can't believe just how bad we have been.

My head says it's all over already and we are destined for yet another season in League One.

Hoping for a miracle now and an early goal for us in the second half.

A mate just text me and said they just need a bollocking Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

23Playoff Final: Bolton 0-2 Oxford - Page 2 Empty Re: Playoff Final: Bolton 0-2 Oxford Sat May 18 2024, 17:18

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

::mad::

24Playoff Final: Bolton 0-2 Oxford - Page 2 Empty Re: Playoff Final: Bolton 0-2 Oxford Sat May 18 2024, 17:19

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

karlypants wrote:What the fuck. An absolute shit first half with santos and gethin. A right pair of cunts
Santos at fault yet again with his lazy attitude.

25Playoff Final: Bolton 0-2 Oxford - Page 2 Empty Re: Playoff Final: Bolton 0-2 Oxford Sat May 18 2024, 17:20

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Santos has been like this for ages....a complete liability, inviting the opposition on, not breaking sweat, playing passes to marked players a couple of yards away from him, no urgency,....I've been saying this every time I've seen him this season, terrible positional play and lack of anticipation/movement.

I've never been so angry....

26Playoff Final: Bolton 0-2 Oxford - Page 2 Empty Re: Playoff Final: Bolton 0-2 Oxford Sat May 18 2024, 17:27

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

okocha wrote:Santos has been like this for ages....a complete liability, inviting the opposition on, not breaking sweat, playing passes to marked players a couple of yards away from him, no urgency,....I've been saying this every time I've seen him this season, terrible positional play and lack of anticipation/movement.

I've never been so angry....
I totally agree.

I feel your anger !!!!!

Disgusted with the performance so far.

27Playoff Final: Bolton 0-2 Oxford - Page 2 Empty Re: Playoff Final: Bolton 0-2 Oxford Sat May 18 2024, 17:30

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

First few moments of second half and Santos continues as he left off with no thought of injecting some pace or forward impetus. It's not just today either in my opinion!! He won't need a shower....

28Playoff Final: Bolton 0-2 Oxford - Page 2 Empty Re: Playoff Final: Bolton 0-2 Oxford Sat May 18 2024, 17:42

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

And now he's not even covering through balls down the centre of our defence, while the rest are running around like blue-arsed flies to their credit since the second half began.....and now Oxford are deliberately wasting time..... ..dunno.. Ian, you're subbing the wrong players! Grrrrr!!

29Playoff Final: Bolton 0-2 Oxford - Page 2 Empty Re: Playoff Final: Bolton 0-2 Oxford Sat May 18 2024, 18:10

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Santos has been thoroughly shit. His most telling contribution was to score the opener for Oxford, then he went missing for the second... this entire final has been the worst I have seen/heard Bolton in some time.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

30Playoff Final: Bolton 0-2 Oxford - Page 2 Empty Re: Playoff Final: Bolton 0-2 Oxford Sat May 18 2024, 18:16

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I switched my shirt to the yellow/navy Reebok one of some years ago, I'll at least wear winning colours today.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

31Playoff Final: Bolton 0-2 Oxford - Page 2 Empty Re: Playoff Final: Bolton 0-2 Oxford Sat May 18 2024, 18:41

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

To compete in the Championship where they all play at twice our speed, we'd need to show more drive and forward momentum than we showed in the first half here.

No inspiration came from the skipper who, to the very end, was putting his foot on the ball and making easy passes of a couple of yards only. Relying on physical strength alone is not enough.

It was only when Dempsey came on that we looked lively and determined......not that he is a great player but at least he strives his hardest and got some response from the rest of the team. 

Oxford are adept at one thing.....wasting time at every opportunity.....They will get slaughtered in the Championship.

If Evatt can't see what the weakness is, we will be condemned to the lower reaches of the EFL.

32Playoff Final: Bolton 0-2 Oxford - Page 2 Empty Re: Playoff Final: Bolton 0-2 Oxford Sat May 18 2024, 19:10

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

We are a lightweight team and have been out muscled yet again.

I feel totally drained.

I feel sorry for the fans who will have spent a lot of money to get to the match.

At least we are in the comfort of our own homes.

I'm going to sit in the sun in the garden with a glass of wine  now.

Cheers to you all.

33Playoff Final: Bolton 0-2 Oxford - Page 2 Empty Re: Playoff Final: Bolton 0-2 Oxford Sat May 18 2024, 19:22

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It’s shown that we are definitely a light weight team and Evatt is much to blame for this season’s fuck up.

Santos and gethin jones either frightened to go forward or just didn’t have a clue but simply pass back to each other.

I’m not even sure we had a goal on target?

Either way I want a refund!!!

34Playoff Final: Bolton 0-2 Oxford - Page 2 Empty Re: Playoff Final: Bolton 0-2 Oxford Sat May 18 2024, 19:53

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can’t put it all on Santos. 

Jones, Ogbeta, Maghoma were all utterly awful. I can’t stand Maghoma I’ll be glad to see him gone. He thinks he’s the dogs bollocks but he’s bang average. A few fancy dribbles don’t make you a good player. He gives it away constantly and always cry’s and moans when he doesn’t get the ball. Doesn’t work hard either. 

Sheehan was crap as well. 

Only Demps can hold his head up after that. 

These players have shrunk on the big occasion all season and if we’re being honest barely deserved to be in the final after the game against Barnsley. 

It’s a mentality thing with this lot. 

We’ll have to cut the wage bill now so santos Charles Sheehan will all leave and I don’t think we’ll miss them really.

35Playoff Final: Bolton 0-2 Oxford - Page 2 Empty Re: Playoff Final: Bolton 0-2 Oxford Sat May 18 2024, 20:29

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I might comment tomorrow, when I've calmed down, and regained control of my larynx and eyeballs.

36Playoff Final: Bolton 0-2 Oxford - Page 2 Empty Re: Playoff Final: Bolton 0-2 Oxford Sat May 18 2024, 20:32

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just think Bonce that we will be in league one for another season. cheers

37Playoff Final: Bolton 0-2 Oxford - Page 2 Empty Re: Playoff Final: Bolton 0-2 Oxford Sat May 18 2024, 20:34

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Just think Bonce that we will be in league one for another season. cheers
And playing Crawley or Crewe. Crying or Very sad

38Playoff Final: Bolton 0-2 Oxford - Page 2 Empty Re: Playoff Final: Bolton 0-2 Oxford Sat May 18 2024, 22:06

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

The goals if anyone is bothered.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Fwiw I don't think Santos was really at fault for either goal.

For a big bloke he clearly can't head a ball, it seems to me he shuts his eyes and maybe if he had better technique he would have made better contact rather than it skimming off his head and over Baxter.

The second goal Jones was beaten for pace.

It is what it is, it was a cup final and anything can happen in a one off game.

The damage was done in my opinion when we had the strange case of Baxter's injury - he was injured in a game, started the next that lasted just 6 minutes or so before it was called off then we never saw him for about the next three months?

I actually thought Coleman did ok but Baxter's absent clearly unsettled the team on the pitch (maybe off it too?) and we dropped easy points, which would have given us automatic promotion by a distance if we hadn't.

In one of our recent games their manager said something like 'we studied how other teams got a result against Bolton and we did the same'.

Well clearly that is what Oxford did today too.

Evatt's teams don't like being harried and rushed, Oxford did just that, they were first to the ball every time and 'hurried' our midfielders and defenders into making mistakes - they were by far the better team on the day.

There's a flaw in the teams DNA that needs fixing but Evatt for some reason can't see it.

Anyway look on the bright side, Sharon won't now have to ask her investors to stump up a further £20m for next season

It's only a game remember!

We go again next season - nothing less winning the league title will do!

39Playoff Final: Bolton 0-2 Oxford - Page 2 Empty Re: Playoff Final: Bolton 0-2 Oxford Sat May 18 2024, 22:19

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Evatt did change the game plan at Oakwell. We went long ball there all night and got a result. Just about. 

We did try some long balls today but they were all just kicked into touch by Santos or Jones. 

Any time we got into a position to cross Ogbeta just kicked it behind. Same with Cogley. 

I think iredale put in a decent corner in about the 87th minute which was the first time all game we didn’t waste a set piece. 

It’s not Evatts fault if the players can’t kick a ball 2 yards. 

He’s not very imaginative I’ll grant you but if the players don’t do the basics what can you do. 

Baxter was shite today as well kept rushing off his line for no reason.

40Playoff Final: Bolton 0-2 Oxford - Page 2 Empty Re: Playoff Final: Bolton 0-2 Oxford Sun May 19 2024, 00:45

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is it not Evatts fault in recruiting these twats?

Sluffy I think we need quite a bit of money to spend to get up next season instead of just crossing our fingers and riding our luck in the loan and freebie market.

I’m also going back to what I’ve said a few times now that I also think that Evatt isn’t the right man to take the club up to the next division.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum