Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

2024 Euros

+9
Whitesince63
terenceanne
boltonbonce
finlaymcdanger
karlypants
wanderlust
Hipster_Nebula
Ten Bobsworth
Mad Dog
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

12024 Euros  Empty 2024 Euros Fri Jun 07 2024, 08:55

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Slightly controversial selection from Southgate but entirely understandable.
Spoilt for choice in attack but scraping the barrel at the back. Even brickhead isn’t going.
He can’t be accused of not selecting players on form for once and there are a few wild cards. Just have to hope the CBs can gel quickly.

I’m excited.

22024 Euros  Empty Re: 2024 Euros Fri Jun 07 2024, 09:04

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We should win this with the attacking options we have but the defence will let us down against the likes of France. We not been this poor at CB for many years.

32024 Euros  Empty Re: 2024 Euros Fri Jun 07 2024, 10:54

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nice to see Jack look at me Grealish isn't in the squad for the Euros.

We might have a chance at winning this now he's not constantly stood looking at himself twiddling his arse with his fooking hair band the ponce.

42024 Euros  Empty Re: 2024 Euros Fri Jun 07 2024, 20:45

Mad Dog

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

I see the bookies make England favourites which is the first time ever, yet they are losing at home to Iceland at half time. I don’t fancy England, they are not good enough in central defence or central midfield. Goalkeeper is very average too. I will be putting £50 on a team to win the Euros but want to see all of the final squads first.

52024 Euros  Empty Re: 2024 Euros Sat Jun 08 2024, 20:01

Mad Dog

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Put my £50 on France to win. Got £40 on at 5/1 and £10 on at 4/1. I would bet on the Betfair exchange but I’m out of the country and cannot access the site.

62024 Euros  Empty Re: 2024 Euros Sat Jun 08 2024, 20:20

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can’t you use a free vpn for it such as Windscribe? They give 10gb per month free.

72024 Euros  Empty Re: 2024 Euros Sat Jun 08 2024, 21:57

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mad Dog wrote:I see the bookies make England favourites which is the first time ever, yet they are losing at home to Iceland at half time. I don’t fancy England, they are not good enough in central defence or central midfield. Goalkeeper is very average too. I will be putting £50 on a team to win the Euros but want to see all of the final squads first.
That will be the English bookies then?

82024 Euros  Empty Re: 2024 Euros Sun Jun 09 2024, 16:43

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My few bob is going on Portugal.

92024 Euros  Empty Re: 2024 Euros Sun Jun 09 2024, 19:46

Mad Dog

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

wanderlust wrote:
That will be the English bookies then?
Yes Bet365.

102024 Euros  Empty Re: 2024 Euros Sun Jun 09 2024, 19:52

Mad Dog

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

England are the bookmakers favourite on every betting site in the world.

112024 Euros  Empty Re: 2024 Euros Sun Jun 09 2024, 20:10

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Mad Dog wrote:England are the bookmakers favourite on every betting site in the world.

Bookies set their odds on what people bet as well as their expectations of outcomes.

On expectations England may be say 10th favourites to win and would set their odds accordingly THEN factor in that most people will bet on England (in England anyway) and lower their odds accordingly just in case the 10th favourites actually do end up winning it, otherwise the bookies may end up taking a beating if they hadn't.

I'm sure you know this anyway,

122024 Euros  Empty Re: 2024 Euros Wed Jun 12 2024, 00:42

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I fancy France to win it because they’re strong in EVERY department. Our defence is weak at international level and if Rice or Kane get injured we’ll suddenly look very average. Good luck to Southgate though and I really hope he can do it, but even if he does, I’m ready for a manager who is shrewd enough to have us compete with the big European nations.

132024 Euros  Empty Re: 2024 Euros Tue Jun 18 2024, 07:50

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Watched a few of the games and Germany and Spain look good so far. 

As for England, again we started well then scored then went into our shells. TAA is not a midfielder for me and Foden doesn't look happy on the left. Bellingham is a generational talent, hard to believe he is only 20!

Watched France vs Austria last night and was surprised to see Kante, what a game he had, still the best in that defensive midfield role

142024 Euros  Empty Re: 2024 Euros Tue Jun 18 2024, 08:37

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Euro 2024: Bolton man detained for ‘fan disorder’ in Germany

2024 Euros  18193929

A Bolton man has been detained upon his return to the UK for alleged fan disorder ahead of England’s 1-0 Euro 2024 victory over Serbia in Gelsenkirchen, Germany.

The 39-year-old man from Bolton was returning to Manchester Airport from Germany on Monday when he was detained by officers under the Football Spectators Act 1989.

His passport has been kept by police and he will be forced to attend Manchester and Salford Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday for a Civil Football Banning Order Hearing.

Trouble broke out between football fans and videos on social media showed fans clashing on a side street, with tables, chairs and bottles being thrown before riot police arrived on the scene – seven Serbia fans were also arrested after violent clashes.

Mick Johnson, head of the UK Football Policing Unit, said: “This action shows the breadth of the Euro 2024 football policing operation and demonstrates there are consequences for supporters who are intent on causing disorder.

“Any UK football supporter causing disorder in Germany which would be deemed an offence in this country could face police action upon their return.

“We are working with the Crown Prosecution Service and the courts and where appropriate, we will seek football banning orders to prevent perpetrators from attending future games both internationally and domestically.

“German police will also take action against those who break the law and this can include heavy fines and custodial sentences.

“We are working closely with our policing colleagues in Germany and have a team of UK officers deployed overseas supporting their operation.

“We want fans who are travelling to Germany to have a good time, but please remember to drink responsibly, respect the local culture and don’t put yourself in danger.”

Source

152024 Euros  Empty Re: 2024 Euros Tue Jun 18 2024, 08:46

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He was the dick who was throwing a table, 39 years old for Gods sake  Rolling Eyes

162024 Euros  Empty Re: 2024 Euros Tue Jun 18 2024, 23:18

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

2024 Euros  Img_9411
A couple of ex-Bolton lads presenting the Euros on Fox here in the US. Holden as you would imagine is very good despite his attire, Sturridge less so.

172024 Euros  Empty Re: 2024 Euros Wed Jun 19 2024, 10:35

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:He was the dick who was throwing a table, 39 years old for Gods sake  Rolling Eyes

This is the lunatic here...

2024 Euros  18210697

Source

182024 Euros  Empty Re: 2024 Euros Wed Jun 19 2024, 11:46

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He looks all over the place fashion wise. Make yer mind up son.

192024 Euros  Empty Re: 2024 Euros Wed Jun 19 2024, 12:50

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote:2024 Euros  Img_9411
A couple of ex-Bolton lads presenting the Euros on Fox here in the US. Holden as you would imagine is very good despite his attire, Sturridge less so.
my eyes are hurting looking at that suit  Very Happy

202024 Euros  Empty Re: 2024 Euros Wed Jun 19 2024, 13:06

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
my eyes are hurting looking at that suit  Very Happy
It's not a look I could pull off.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next