Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

2024 Euros

+9
Whitesince63
terenceanne
boltonbonce
finlaymcdanger
karlypants
wanderlust
Hipster_Nebula
Ten Bobsworth
Mad Dog
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

212024 Euros  - Page 2 Empty Re: 2024 Euros Thu Jun 20 2024, 11:38

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

All the pundits raving about Scotland getting a draw  Laughing

They started with a 541 formation which seemed overly negative to me. Their only ambition seems to be scraping into the next round as a best 3rd place team.

222024 Euros  - Page 2 Empty Re: 2024 Euros Thu Jun 20 2024, 16:02

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Serbia's last minute equaliser means England can win the group if we win tonight.
If Denmark beat us it will be a sudden death final match v Slovenia - but I expect the lads will do the business and avoid frustration in the nation.

232024 Euros  - Page 2 Empty Re: 2024 Euros Thu Jun 20 2024, 19:35

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Absolute shite tonight. England are not going to get very far in this tournament!

Lots of passing back and forth, no brains to try something between them on the spur of the moment which made it seem like we were watching Bolton again with the pass, stop and look around for a bit bollocks.

They just lacked the desire to win.

The team is crap.

242024 Euros  - Page 2 Empty Re: 2024 Euros Thu Jun 20 2024, 20:09

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

We've got the players to get at least to the semi-final but not with this manager.

Trent is a great passer of the ball but he can't defend (when played at the back) and as a midfielder he's not got the engine or physicality to do the rest of the job - he's basically just a passing machine and contributes nothing more to the team.

I'd much rather have Mainoo alongside Rice as they can cover for each other as one goes forward and one stays back, which Trent can't do.

I'm a big admirer of Foden but it doesn't work for him as it does inside the City set up, so we may as well give someone else a try on the left hand side.

I'm not a great follower of football these days so I'm not sure who would fit there but I suggest the player who normally plays their club football on the left out of Gallagher, Bowen, Eze, Gordon or Palmer, would be the one to slot in there.

So to my mind we only need to make the two personnel changes to the team to make it a whole lot more balanced and solid and fulfil our undoubted potential.

The secret is not to have the best individual players in your team, the secret is to pick the players that makes the team work the best.

Playing say Gordon instead of Foden would be bonkers normally but Gordon (or Bowen, or Gallagher, etc) may work far better in the dynamics and balance of the team as it currently is.

I would also like to see a cameo or two of Wharton at sometime - but probably off the bench when the game has already been won.

252024 Euros  - Page 2 Empty Re: 2024 Euros Thu Jun 20 2024, 21:23

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The difference is between night and day with most of them playing the Euros last time round and then this. Both games have been piss poor tbh.

I’m thinking the manager has the complete wrong tactics or something?

262024 Euros  - Page 2 Empty Re: 2024 Euros Fri Jun 21 2024, 00:30

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Watching England seems to me to be not much different to watching the Wanderers on one of their bad days.

272024 Euros  - Page 2 Empty Re: 2024 Euros Fri Jun 21 2024, 07:52

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Its time to drop TAA, its just not worked playing him in midfield.

Why do we even need 2 holding midfielders? Play 433 and have Rice as the holder and play Bellingham and Foden in front of him. I would play Gordon on the left of the front 3 as he's been excellent there all season for Newcastle.

282024 Euros  - Page 2 Empty Re: 2024 Euros Wed Jun 26 2024, 13:59

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was hoping for a statement performance in the final group game, and having already qualified for R16 a few changes in the line up. Well, they made a statement but it was not the one I was hoping for.

But....
...here we are in the last 16 having expended very little energy so far, avoided Spain, Portugal, France and Germany until the final if we get there, given a little game time to Palmer, Gordon, Mainoo, Bowen and Watkins to prepare them to spark things up a bit if it gets serious and it all seems very straightforward.

Currently Holland are the likely (61%) opposition in the next game but that may change today. Still, all is not yet lost - in fact is there a better place to be in than where we are now? - I don't think so and I hope the self-entitled deluded idiots who are having a go at the manager and the players just STFU and stop trying to undermine morale whilst we are in such a great position

Their time will come but it sure as hell isn't now.

292024 Euros  - Page 2 Empty Re: 2024 Euros Wed Jun 26 2024, 15:34

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

England were that boring last night my glass eye went to sleep.

I still think they need to be playing Gordon on the left and drop Jude back if we have to play this negative 4231. I'd rather see us go 433 and go for it but Southgate doesn't have the balls or the brains to do it.

302024 Euros  - Page 2 Empty Re: 2024 Euros Wed Jun 26 2024, 15:56

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I am not jumping on the get rid of Southgate bandwagon - I have said for years he is useless going all the way back to his Boro days.  Way Back then I said England would never win anything with him in charge. Although he has come close recently.  Now most are on board to get rid. The problem is that he has always been a defensive type of coach and of course picks his favorites whether in form of out of form. Right now, we have Luke Shaw, Trent - before that Mcguire - And not to mention this rubbish about Kalvin Phillips - Players who have barely kicked a ball for their clubs.

312024 Euros  - Page 2 Empty Re: 2024 Euros Wed Jun 26 2024, 17:17

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Now Phil Foden has left the Euro's and fucked home for a home emergency of some sort.

322024 Euros  - Page 2 Empty Re: 2024 Euros Wed Jun 26 2024, 17:54

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

karlypants wrote:Now Phil Foden has left the Euro's and fucked home for a home emergency of some sort.

Birth of his child.

332024 Euros  - Page 2 Empty Re: 2024 Euros Wed Jun 26 2024, 19:13

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
karlypants wrote:Now Phil Foden has left the Euro's and fucked home for a home emergency of some sort.

Birth of his child.

Yeah just heard this off the grapevine. I thought his Mrs was there watching him play tbh.

342024 Euros  - Page 2 Empty Re: 2024 Euros Wed Jun 26 2024, 19:24

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

352024 Euros  - Page 2 Empty Re: 2024 Euros Wed Jun 26 2024, 23:15

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The talkSport commentary team really are scraping the barrel these days. Rolling Eyes

362024 Euros  - Page 2 Empty Re: 2024 Euros Thu Jun 27 2024, 01:46

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Some bloke wrote in to thank Southgate. Apparently his mum had been bedridden since 1973 and during the England game she miraculously got up to turn the telly off.

Slovakia it is then....

372024 Euros  - Page 2 Empty Re: 2024 Euros Thu Jun 27 2024, 07:43

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Some bloke wrote in to thank Southgate. Apparently his mum had been bedridden since 1973 and during the England game she miraculously got up to turn the telly off.

Slovakia it is then....

Laughing

392024 Euros  - Page 2 Empty Re: 2024 Euros Mon Jul 01 2024, 14:07

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It was quite a rollercoaster yesterday.

402024 Euros  - Page 2 Empty Re: 2024 Euros Mon Jul 01 2024, 16:16

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bloody awful performance again and we got lucky. Switzerland will beat us if we play like that again.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum