Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Stu Holden to get Xmas game time!

+11
Reebok_Rebel
Reebok Trotter
aaron_bwfc
wanderlust
Culcheth_White
doffcocker
xmiles
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
Lofty_Love
MartinBWFC
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

41Stu Holden to get Xmas game time! - Page 3 Empty Re: Stu Holden to get Xmas game time! Wed Jan 02 2013, 21:48

Sluffy wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:
wanderlust wrote:If our time comes next year we'll have done well. Despite some decent moments we're still a long way from having a team that deserves another crack at the prem. Lots of work to be done before we can start thinking about that IMO.

I agree, if by some miracle we got up this year we'd probably just get hammered every week this side aren't ready to go up there's too much shit in there who won't help us.

Financially it is a no brainer though - even if we didn't get a single point!

We would get a minimum of about £50 million Sky money just for being there, plus a fresh lot of parachute payments.

Just hypothetical anyway with the players we have at the moment.

True for the short term yes, but in terms of the long term aim of getting up and staying there, I don't think we're ready.

42Stu Holden to get Xmas game time! - Page 3 Empty Re: Stu Holden to get Xmas game time! Thu Jan 03 2013, 09:01

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We can't buy our way back like Rovers, so I think our only hope for the long term is for our youngsters to come through and make the grade. They won't do that without game time and that's why I'm hoping that at some point the club will realise that our prospects for this season are slim and we're wasting time playing loanees in a desperate bid to make it work - at the expense of youth development.

The sooner we start to integrate our own younger players the sooner we have a chance of building a sustainable platform for another push towards the prem.

However, I don't think the club are willing to sacrifice this season for the long term good of the club.

43Stu Holden to get Xmas game time! - Page 3 Empty Re: Stu Holden to get Xmas game time! Fri Jan 04 2013, 15:30

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Just been confirmed Holden and Vela will make their comeback in a reserve game at Leyland on Tuesday night.

44Stu Holden to get Xmas game time! - Page 3 Empty Re: Stu Holden to get Xmas game time! Fri Jan 04 2013, 16:34

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:Just been confirmed Holden and Vela will make their comeback in a reserve game at Leyland on Tuesday night.

Both playing in the same team? Interesting. Let's pray they get through it in one piece.

45Stu Holden to get Xmas game time! - Page 3 Empty Re: Stu Holden to get Xmas game time! Fri Jan 04 2013, 16:39

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Let's hope so. All the indications are that Holden is on schedule to play in January. If all goes well I can see him making his full team return against Peterborough on the 26th Jan.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum