Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Stu Holden to get Xmas game time!

+11
Reebok_Rebel
Reebok Trotter
aaron_bwfc
wanderlust
Culcheth_White
doffcocker
xmiles
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
Lofty_Love
MartinBWFC
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Stu Holden to get Xmas game time! Empty Stu Holden to get Xmas game time! Sun Dec 16 2012, 17:09

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reportedly playing 45 minutes for reserves Monday, fingers and toes crossed everyone.

2Stu Holden to get Xmas game time! Empty Re: Stu Holden to get Xmas game time! Sun Dec 16 2012, 17:11

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Great news if true

3Stu Holden to get Xmas game time! Empty Re: Stu Holden to get Xmas game time! Sun Dec 16 2012, 17:12

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

17 minutes.

4Stu Holden to get Xmas game time! Empty Re: Stu Holden to get Xmas game time! Sun Dec 16 2012, 17:13

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well, wish the lad the best of luck. Lets be honest it can't have been fun to go through a full rehab and break down in your first game, and it's not his fault either.

Will he be the same player? Maybe not, but if he's close to it we're going to have a good player in this league.

5Stu Holden to get Xmas game time! Empty Re: Stu Holden to get Xmas game time! Sun Dec 16 2012, 17:13

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It is true, hope he gets through it unscathed.

6Stu Holden to get Xmas game time! Empty Re: Stu Holden to get Xmas game time! Sun Dec 16 2012, 17:44

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Natasha Whittam wrote:17 minutes.

Only if Knight is playing as well.

7Stu Holden to get Xmas game time! Empty Re: Stu Holden to get Xmas game time! Sun Dec 16 2012, 18:04

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The difference yesterday between Frimpong and Spearing/Andrews illustrated how much life our midfield is truly lacking.

Frimpong is a ball of energy that was involved in most things good from Charlton's point of view, both offensively and defensively. I'm seeing very little to Spearing and Andrews' games apart from constant straightforward distribution.

I'm not comparing Holden to Frimpong but we're definitely lacking that box-to-box drive.

8Stu Holden to get Xmas game time! Empty Re: Stu Holden to get Xmas game time! Sun Dec 16 2012, 18:05

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:17 minutes.

Only if Knight is playing as well.

Sorry, I misread the thread, I thought this was a sweepstake for how long Holden would last before getting injured.

9Stu Holden to get Xmas game time! Empty Re: Stu Holden to get Xmas game time! Sun Dec 16 2012, 18:41

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Hopefully, Holden can get back to his pre injury form, I'm slightly pessimistic though. Cruciate ligament damage combined with cartilage damage doesn't bode well. I live in hope!

Last edited by Culcheth_White on Sun Dec 16 2012, 18:44; edited 1 time in total

10Stu Holden to get Xmas game time! Empty Re: Stu Holden to get Xmas game time! Sun Dec 16 2012, 18:44

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think form might return with time, but this is about seeing if he can actually run around and keep up with play - and as Natasha supportively points out - avoid getting injured in the process.

11Stu Holden to get Xmas game time! Empty Re: Stu Holden to get Xmas game time! Sun Dec 16 2012, 18:46

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:I think form might return with time, but this is about seeing if he can actually run around and keep up with play - and as Natasha supportively points out - avoid getting injured in the process.
Hey Wanderlust, I briefly met you in the Harvester at Stoke last season. Smile

12Stu Holden to get Xmas game time! Empty Re: Stu Holden to get Xmas game time! Sun Dec 16 2012, 18:55

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Culcheth_White wrote:
wanderlust wrote:I think form might return with time, but this is about seeing if he can actually run around and keep up with play - and as Natasha supportively points out - avoid getting injured in the process.
Hey Wanderlust, I briefly met you in the Harvester at Stoke last season. Smile

Sad day that turned out to be. I was right behind the goal when Walters shoved Bogdan into the net. Trying to remember which guy you are - presumably the good-looking one? Very Happy

13Stu Holden to get Xmas game time! Empty Re: Stu Holden to get Xmas game time! Tue Dec 18 2012, 10:48

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Holdens match return got put back due to the game against Bury being called off, however......

Stuart Holden believes he will be ready to make a return to competitive action with Bolton in the new year.

The United States international has endured a wretched time with injuries, with knee problems having restricted him to just one League Cup outing in over 18 months.

Holden believes he has got to the bottom of a niggling ligament complaint and is closing on a return to full match fitness.

He will not be rushing his way back into Bolton's bid to secure an immediate return to the Premier League, but is confident he will come back into contention in early 2013.

"The first team is the main goal, I don't want to play in the reserves for the rest of the year," Holden told Sky Sports.

"It's more to get fitness and to get some game sharpness, because when you have been out for a while you lose a little bit.

"I have been doing all the work that I can, extra running, and doing well in the training but nothing replicates being in a match.

"We are probably looking in the New Year.

"I have been so hesitant to put a timescale on things because of how the last 14 months have gone. There have been so many ups and downs, when I think I'm there I'm not quite there and this time I know that I am there but I want to make sure I don't go back two steps again. Slow and steady wins the race and I will be back to full fitness before I know it."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

14Stu Holden to get Xmas game time! Empty Re: Stu Holden to get Xmas game time! Tue Dec 18 2012, 11:33

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:Holdens match return got put back due to the game against Bury being called off, however......

Stuart Holden believes he will be ready to make a return to competitive action with Bolton in the new year.

The United States international has endured a wretched time with injuries, with knee problems having restricted him to just one League Cup outing in over 18 months.

Holden believes he has got to the bottom of a niggling ligament complaint and is closing on a return to full match fitness.

He will not be rushing his way back into Bolton's bid to secure an immediate return to the Premier League, but is confident he will come back into contention in early 2013.

"The first team is the main goal, I don't want to play in the reserves for the rest of the year," Holden told Sky Sports.

"It's more to get fitness and to get some game sharpness, because when you have been out for a while you lose a little bit.

"I have been doing all the work that I can, extra running, and doing well in the training but nothing replicates being in a match.

"We are probably looking in the New Year.

"I have been so hesitant to put a timescale on things because of how the last 14 months have gone. There have been so many ups and downs, when I think I'm there I'm not quite there and this time I know that I am there but I want to make sure I don't go back two steps again. Slow and steady wins the race and I will be back to full fitness before I know it."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Absolutely no point in rushing things. January was always the time pencilled in for his return should rehab go according to plan.

15Stu Holden to get Xmas game time! Empty Re: Stu Holden to get Xmas game time! Tue Dec 18 2012, 12:21

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

dont get your hopes up lads and lasses... we have been here before, remember...

16Stu Holden to get Xmas game time! Empty Re: Stu Holden to get Xmas game time! Tue Dec 18 2012, 20:21

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's a bit of a distraction having Holden in the wings - but an interesting one. I do hope he comes back, stays injury-free and redicovers the form he once had but whilst the saga rumbles on I can't help but think how we would have fared if he had been playing all along and what the team will look like if he comes back in good nick.

I know we should forget about him until/if he plays again but he was such a good player it's just about impossible - for me at least.

And what about Wheater and Vela? Two more options we could with.

17Stu Holden to get Xmas game time! Empty Re: Stu Holden to get Xmas game time! Wed Dec 19 2012, 09:47

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

We won't see Wheats back until pre-season of next season, his due date back was March but I think something put that back a month or two.

Not sure about Vela, can't see him being in the 1st team when he does come back.

18Stu Holden to get Xmas game time! Empty Re: Stu Holden to get Xmas game time! Wed Dec 19 2012, 11:53

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think Vela has the potential to be a cracker, providing the injury doesn't set him back. He'll never be a flair player but has the skill and stamina to be a midfield heavyweight and if he recovers quickly enough could be a natural replacement for Spearing when he goes back to Liverpool. Ultimately, he could become a better player than Spearing but will always risk injury as his game depends largely on athleticism.

19Stu Holden to get Xmas game time! Empty Re: Stu Holden to get Xmas game time! Wed Dec 19 2012, 14:05

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:I think Vela has the potential to be a cracker

Why? When have you seen him?

20Stu Holden to get Xmas game time! Empty Re: Stu Holden to get Xmas game time! Wed Dec 19 2012, 14:09

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I once saw a post on either Twitter or Facebook were someone claiming to be Josh Vela declared their love for Man Utd and called all Bolton fans retards.

It may have been a WUM, but imagine if it wasn't! affraid

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum