Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

January transfer window

+32
jayjay23
mark leach
Leeds_Trotter
doffcocker
terenceanne
MartinBWFC
inf
Michael Bolton
gloswhite
Lyric Todkill
Barryjw
Norpig
Bernard Dennis Park
Lofty_Love
Bolton Nuts
JonnyRandom
observer
xmiles
Dunkels King
Sluffy
rammywhite
BoltonTillIDie
Reebok_Rebel
Keegan
Reebok Trotter
Culcheth_White
Hipster_Nebula
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
aaron_bwfc
Sgt. Bash
wanderlust
36 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 40]

21January transfer window - Page 2 Empty Re: January transfer window Mon Dec 31 2012, 13:48

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If DF goes for a striker it would be shuffling round to get marginal improvement as we can't afford a proven goalscorer of any note. So he must surely be looking at the back four and maybe defensive mid. It wouldn't surprise me if he looked a bit further than English leagues 1 & 2 - perhaps Scotland or Europe - in fact I'd be chuffed if there was some quality creative scouting for a change.

Given our budget we could get more bangs for our buck if we focussed on shoring up the colander that is our defence.

22January transfer window - Page 2 Empty Re: January transfer window Tue Jan 01 2013, 10:42

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's almost 11am on the 1st January and still no signings announced by Wanderers.

They know from the start of the season when this transfer window opens, yet every season we leave it until the last minute to stump up the cash for some useless bastard of a panic buy (Ngog, Sordell).

Just once it would be nice to see Wanderers annouce two signings on the 1st January. It's not fooking rocket science.

23January transfer window - Page 2 Empty Re: January transfer window Tue Jan 01 2013, 11:27

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

WUM^

24January transfer window - Page 2 Empty Re: January transfer window Tue Jan 01 2013, 11:46

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What's WUMing about being organised?

You sort out your targets well before the deadline, then sign them straight away on 1st January. There is no benefit leaving it until the last minute or you end up with Ngog & Sordell types at silly prices.

25January transfer window - Page 2 Empty Re: January transfer window Tue Jan 01 2013, 14:13

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

From memory Ngog was not a last minute buy, weren't we in negotiations for quite a while?

26January transfer window - Page 2 Empty Re: January transfer window Tue Jan 01 2013, 17:08

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:From memory Ngog was not a last minute buy, weren't we in negotiations for quite a while?

He was signed on the final day of the transfer window.

27January transfer window - Page 2 Empty Re: January transfer window Tue Jan 01 2013, 17:25

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I think todays capitulation after what must surely be Mears last contribution should get Freedman active in the market- if the club is serious about becoming a big player again.  If we don't see a number of players shown the door, and some decent new blood then we're being condemned to long term mediocrity..

Come on Gartside- get off your fat arse and let Feedman get half a dozen new lads in who'll displace some of the dross thats been turning out for us with woeful results and performances for nearly two seasons now.

If any offers come in for any of our current squad- then they should be taken seriously.

28January transfer window - Page 2 Empty Re: January transfer window Tue Jan 01 2013, 17:42

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That won't happen Rammy - we haven't got the money and those we want rid of have little resale value. More realistically, we could sort out the defence and perhaps consolidate with moves for Spearing and/or Butterfield but I'm not even sure we have the dosh for that.

29January transfer window - Page 2 Empty Re: January transfer window Tue Jan 01 2013, 18:03

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:
If any offers come in for any of our current squad

lol!

30January transfer window - Page 2 Empty Re: January transfer window Tue Jan 01 2013, 20:25

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
rammywhite wrote:

lol!

We could all chip in and buy Tyrone Mears? A tenner should do it - then we can retire him.

31January transfer window - Page 2 Empty Re: January transfer window Wed Jan 02 2013, 09:03

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
rammywhite wrote:

lol!

We could all chip in and buy Tyrone Mears? A tenner should do it - then we can retire him.

Sod that . I'm not parting with tenner for him.
We could just give him to Accrington or Bury- then he'd be playing at the right level.
Or Ramsbottom United!!

32January transfer window - Page 2 Empty Re: January transfer window Wed Jan 02 2013, 18:06

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

A tweet from Nixon a couple of hours ago when asked why Butterfield was not returning -

"Young midfielder set to arrive. Plus u have Holden and Vela"

33January transfer window - Page 2 Empty Re: January transfer window Wed Jan 02 2013, 18:08

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Great answer. Holden and Vela are both bloody injured!

34January transfer window - Page 2 Empty Re: January transfer window Wed Jan 02 2013, 18:27

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

"Young midfielder set to arrive" - Who's this then?

35January transfer window - Page 2 Empty Re: January transfer window Thu Jan 03 2013, 09:46

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

One of the things that frustrated me about OC was the obsession with midfielders. We have tons of them and yet they keep coming. The ones we bought and the young ones we have coming through haven't all played that much because we keep borrowing more to develop for other clubs. If we had Muamba and Holden we wouldn't even be thinking of midfielders in this league but we haven't and we've spent the last year shuffling around the midfield combination desperately trying to make this system work. If the club has set its sights on yet another midfielder it had better be a great prospect in the Gattuso mould so that we can start to focus on sorting out the defence and move forward as a club. Another lightweight "average" midfielder is not our first priority by a long way so let's hope that whoever it is can tackle and play a bit.

36January transfer window - Page 2 Empty Re: January transfer window Thu Jan 03 2013, 11:24

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

I don't get it. We are leaking goals like there is no tomorrow, yet we are supposedly linked to another bloody midfielder ? Maybe that is a sign of somebody being sold. CYL and/or Eagles ?

37January transfer window - Page 2 Empty Re: January transfer window Thu Jan 03 2013, 12:07

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I agree with wanderlust and Dunkels King, but the one kind of midfielder I would like us to sign is a tough leader type. The nearest we have had recently was NRC. SKD is OK as a captain but forwards are always a poor choice as captain.

Unfortunately these are not qualities one expects to find in a "young" midfielder.

38January transfer window - Page 2 Empty Re: January transfer window Thu Jan 03 2013, 12:23

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:I agree with wanderlust and Dunkels King, but the one kind of midfielder I would like us to sign is a tough leader type. The nearest we have had recently was NRC. SKD is OK as a captain but forwards are always a poor choice as captain.

Unfortunately these are not qualities one expects to find in a "young" midfielder.

Dunno. I certainly used to get stuck in when I was that age as I was both hard and stupid enough then - but would probably be sent off within 5 minutes these days given that "looking at someone funny" is now a capital offence.

39January transfer window - Page 2 Empty Re: January transfer window Thu Jan 03 2013, 12:24

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:

Dunno. I certainly used to get stuck in when I was that age as I was both hard and stupid enough then - but would probably be sent off within 5 minutes these days given that "looking at someone funny" is now a capital offence.

You were too lightweight to make it.

40January transfer window - Page 2 Empty Re: January transfer window Thu Jan 03 2013, 12:37

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

You were too lightweight to make it.

LOL. Being lightweight was never my issue being naturally heavy-boned and muscular. I'm a mesomorphic somatotype. It's been a constant battle to stay anywhere near my fighting weight (top end of light heavyweight) - and that was a lost battle for a few years till I got a grip and lost 3 dress sizes. Always been more Frazier than Ali.

Naturally enough I'm svelte and toned now.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum