Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

January transfer window

+32
jayjay23
mark leach
Leeds_Trotter
doffcocker
terenceanne
MartinBWFC
inf
Michael Bolton
gloswhite
Lyric Todkill
Barryjw
Norpig
Bernard Dennis Park
Lofty_Love
Bolton Nuts
JonnyRandom
observer
xmiles
Dunkels King
Sluffy
rammywhite
BoltonTillIDie
Reebok_Rebel
Keegan
Reebok Trotter
Culcheth_White
Hipster_Nebula
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
aaron_bwfc
Sgt. Bash
wanderlust
36 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 21 of 40]

401January transfer window - Page 21 Empty Re: January transfer window Wed Jan 30 2013, 01:39

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not seen anything in the news about this. Bit if he was eyed up as a Midric replacement he must have something special.

402January transfer window - Page 21 Empty Re: January transfer window Wed Jan 30 2013, 07:53

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Apparently we've signed or are close to signing medo kamara, wikipedia has him listed as our player [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Im skeptical about this as the guy has been linked with teams like Liverpool, chelsea and tottenham they wanted him as a replacement for modric.

Would be a major coup if we pull it off.

It's actually Chris Kamara. Which will improve our defence to be honest.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

403January transfer window - Page 21 Empty Re: January transfer window Wed Jan 30 2013, 10:03

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

How bad are things when we cant even attract reserves from tin-pot Scottish 1st div clubs...

404January transfer window - Page 21 Empty Re: January transfer window Wed Jan 30 2013, 10:07

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Boggersbelief wrote:Apparently we've signed or are close to signing medo kamara, wikipedia has him listed as our player [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Im skeptical about this as the guy has been linked with teams like Liverpool, chelsea and tottenham they wanted him as a replacement for modric.

Would be a major coup if we pull it off.

Total and utter bullshit.

If we have signed a player of this caliber il expose my massive cock and balls on the town hall steps...

405January transfer window - Page 21 Empty Re: January transfer window Wed Jan 30 2013, 10:16

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reports from Serbian tabloids are saying its a done deal.

He's out of contract this season so the fee would be nominal, this isn't as unlikely as you'd think.

406January transfer window - Page 21 Empty Re: January transfer window Wed Jan 30 2013, 10:17

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He ain't Modric. Wouldn't be surprised if the club showed interest in him though as the Jedinac deal isn't happening at least for now, and a quality defensive mid is needed. Whether he's better than what we have is another debate though.

Better start thinking of clearing the town hall steps of children and people of a nervous disposition.

Last edited by wanderlust on Wed Jan 30 2013, 10:20; edited 1 time in total

407January transfer window - Page 21 Empty Re: January transfer window Wed Jan 30 2013, 10:18

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Boggersbelief wrote:Reports from Serbian tabloids are saying its a done deal.

He's out of contract this season so the fee would be nominal, this isn't as unlikely as you'd think.

I could see why he would chose Bolton over Tottenham or Liverpool if im honest... scratch

where the hell is the line from either the club or the BEN?

408January transfer window - Page 21 Empty Re: January transfer window Wed Jan 30 2013, 10:23

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

I could see why he would chose Bolton over Tottenham or Liverpool if im honest... scratch

Wouldn't you want to keep a deal on the down low incase bigger clubs come sniffing? Perhaps that's why it isn't spread all of the papers.

409January transfer window - Page 21 Empty Re: January transfer window Wed Jan 30 2013, 10:28

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Boggersbelief wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:

Wouldn't you want to keep a deal on the down low incase bigger clubs come sniffing? Perhaps that's why it isn't spread all of the papers.

Keeping quiet never works anyway if im honest.

If its not the papers getting the info from the club, the agent will put it out there anyway to try and drum up interest.

i just cant see, after having arsenal, Tottenham and Liverpool interested in the past 6 months, why he would plumb for Bolton.

sounds like Veloso all over again...

410January transfer window - Page 21 Empty Re: January transfer window Wed Jan 30 2013, 10:33

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

The BEN reports news about 3 days later than we get it on here.

Or they just report wrong news.

411January transfer window - Page 21 Empty Re: January transfer window Wed Jan 30 2013, 10:33

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Nixon is on holiday - seems a bit strange considering his job and what time of year it is - so I've had to cast my net a bit further to find stuff on this and this is what I've found.

Marc Iles knows nothing about this.

But over on Bolton Mad a poster called Bolton Serbia (a member for 4 years) posted this last night -

Hello guys. Long time since I was here [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

According to Serbian (quite reliable) sources, Wanderers will get a new player, midfielder Mohamed "Medo" Kamara.

He will go to Bolton on Wednesday for a medical and if everything's ok, he will complete the transfer from Partizan Belgrade.

Last season he was a target for Udinese, even Tottenham was sniffing around, and during January some Spanish teams were into transfer talk.

Nothing is said about transfer fee and contract details, but, as I said, he is expected in Bolton on Wednesday.

In my opinion, he's way "overqualified" for the Serbian championship. Truth is, he didn't seem too motivated during the first part of the season. He asked for a pay rise and, obviously wanted to move on.

Not that he's a new Scholes, but I honestly believe he's a really, really good player.

On The Wanderer another poster - Toni_DelijeSever - (member for a couple of years) again last night posted all this -

according to Serbian medias, Medo Camara sets to sign for Bolton, tommorrow is the day

I'll write some words about him later. Defensive midfielder fromm Sierra Leone, best Partizan's midfielder in years. His contract runs out in June.

I would say, a very good signing, if it's true.

Medo is a top class fighter, aggressive, with excellent anticipation. Very good at marking, smart moving on the pitch, his off the ball movement is great. Also, physically great, you won't see him walking on the pitch tired.

On the other hand, Partizan refused to sell him earlier, they needed him, as he's their best DM in ages. He also refused to sign a new contract (clever lad) so they moved him to Reserves and then brought him back later. Hasn't played lot this season, so he needs games!!!

His weaknesses, well... he looks slim, but believe me, strong enough. Technical abilities are very limited. Don't expect nice passes and shots from him. Decent long shots still, he can power them. Short, so will have some problems with high balls sometimes. Uninterested in some occasions, but I believe it's just a result of living here and playing for such an unprofessional club and under enormous pressure.

Maybe to comparŠµ him with Muamba, only maybe.

those are rubbish, they hold some medias here and can publish what they want. Same medias said that Radoslav:Petrovic will sign for Man Utd, and Cleo for Liverpool. Petrovic is in Turkey, Cleo in Japan, so...

Of course, I believe that english medias were rellying on ours.

300 000 euros is the fee. Only rumours...

Taken from page 88/9 of their transfer gossip thread.

Make of that what you will but I don't really want Rebel to flash his bits even if we do sign him!

Last edited by Sluffy on Wed Jan 30 2013, 10:41; edited 2 times in total

412January transfer window - Page 21 Empty Re: January transfer window Wed Jan 30 2013, 10:37

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nice researching skills sluffy, cheers for that

413January transfer window - Page 21 Empty Re: January transfer window Wed Jan 30 2013, 10:39

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Oh, sorry missed a post from the Wanderer contributor -

There are no reliable medias here.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... ltonu.html

Their source is Partizan [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Partizan's director have only said that Kamara is leaving for Championship team. Nothing about us. And I can't see a reason for hiding the club's name.

They don't have a source, and they are shit.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... index.html

Same thing, even bigger shit than Sportal.rs.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... leandrinjo

They are ok sometimes, but still no reliable source.

I will translate anything important for you, but for other things use google translate

414January transfer window - Page 21 Empty Re: January transfer window Wed Jan 30 2013, 11:33

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Some of you are so gullible.

His agent will have planted that story in the local press to alert clubs he is available.

Sometimes it's like I'm the only one with a brain on here.

415January transfer window - Page 21 Empty Re: January transfer window Wed Jan 30 2013, 12:29

Sluffy wrote:
Culcheth_White wrote:Dougie has signed Gary Fraser from Hamilton ...

Apparantly we haven't? - tweet from his club 4 hours ago -

Gary Fraser will be in as normal tomorrow, his proposed move to Bolton is not happening at the moment. Club are delighted if he is continuing his development with us at this time.

Could it be on hold until we find out about this Kamara guy?

416January transfer window - Page 21 Empty Re: January transfer window Wed Jan 30 2013, 12:30

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Skysports are reporting the kamara interest now.

417January transfer window - Page 21 Empty Re: January transfer window Wed Jan 30 2013, 12:34

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I've never heard of him to be honest but heres the Sky sports story:-

Sky Sports understands Bolton are lining up a move for Partizan Belgrade defensive midfielder Medo Kamara.

The Sierra Leone international is thought to have caught the eye of Trotters manager Dougie Freedman as he looks to bolster his midfield resources before Thursday's transfer deadline.

The 25-year-old has been at Partizan Belgrade since 2010, notching up over 50 appearances for the Serbian club.

He was linked with a Premier League move to Tottenham last summer as the club prepared to lose Luka Modric but a switch never materialised.

418January transfer window - Page 21 Empty Re: January transfer window Wed Jan 30 2013, 12:52

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Some of you are so gullible.

His agent will have planted that story in the local press to alert clubs he is available.

So you're going on record saying that there is no truth in the story i.e. that the club haven't made an enquiry, he's not coming for a medical etc?

I can see why such a story might have been planted as we're clearly in the market for a defensive mid but I admire your confidence in your brain.

I'm a smartass, but even I wouldn't commit to saying categorically that it's all a cunning stunt by the agent. You must have one helluva brain.

419January transfer window - Page 21 Empty Re: January transfer window Wed Jan 30 2013, 12:57

Natasha Whittam wrote:Some of you are so gullible.

What percentage of your assets are you going to bet on this Natasha?

420January transfer window - Page 21 Empty Re: January transfer window Wed Jan 30 2013, 13:07

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Here you go guys and girls, straight from the BN

WANDERERS are closing in on the signing of powerhouse midfielder Mohamed Kamara.

The 25-year-old, from Serbian club FK Partizan, is due to arrive at
the club today to finalise terms and complete a medical, although
international clearance will also have to be granted for the Sierre
Leone international, who also holds a Finnish passport.

Kamara played for four years in Finland, featuring for KuPS and HJK,
but was denied a chance to play for the national team in December 2010.

It is thought a nominal fee will be paid to FK.

Dougie Freedman has been in the market for a defensive midfielder,
having confirmed that the club will not be looking to sign Jay Spearing
at the end of the season.

Fitness doubts persist over Keith Andrews, who has played much of the
campaign with an Achilles problem, leaving youngster Josh Vela as the
only longer-term option.

also hope to announce the signing of Leicester City defender Cian
Bolger soon, although a deal to bring in midfielder Gary Fraser from
Hamilton Academical is currently on hold.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 21 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum