Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

January transfer window

+32
jayjay23
mark leach
Leeds_Trotter
doffcocker
terenceanne
MartinBWFC
inf
Michael Bolton
gloswhite
Lyric Todkill
Barryjw
Norpig
Bernard Dennis Park
Lofty_Love
Bolton Nuts
JonnyRandom
observer
xmiles
Dunkels King
Sluffy
rammywhite
BoltonTillIDie
Reebok_Rebel
Keegan
Reebok Trotter
Culcheth_White
Hipster_Nebula
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
aaron_bwfc
Sgt. Bash
wanderlust
36 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 20 of 40]

381January transfer window - Page 20 Empty Re: January transfer window Tue Jan 29 2013, 10:38

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:Granted we haven't signed two of them yet

And people call me a WUM!

If you can't grasp the point don't blame me.

382January transfer window - Page 20 Empty Re: January transfer window Tue Jan 29 2013, 10:43

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote: We've wasted too much money on poor players over the past few years.

Too true!

Dougie will have to go a long way to equal the stupidity of our last three managers in the transfer market. Most people would probably say Megson was the worst because of the amount of money he wasted but for me Coyle was the worst. Not only did he buy crap players and put them on ridiculous wages but half the time he never even played them (Sordell, etc)

Agreed, it's definitely coyle
N'Gog - 4 mill
Mills - 2 mill
Mears - 1.5mill

He spent over the odds on shite players and to top it off he signed pratley on a 4 year deal aswell as resigning knight! Atleast megson bought a few quality players. Muamba, Cahill, lee etc.

383January transfer window - Page 20 Empty Re: January transfer window Tue Jan 29 2013, 10:47

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote: We've wasted too much money on poor players over the past few years.

Too true!

Dougie will have to go a long way to equal the stupidity of our last three managers in the transfer market. Most people would probably say Megson was the worst because of the amount of money he wasted but for me Coyle was the worst. Not only did he buy crap players and put them on ridiculous wages but half the time he never even played them (Sordell, etc)

I think Sordell was a good signing by OC, even though we paid a little more than I would have liked. You can say what you like about "potential" but I still believe Sordell will come good and prove to be extremely good value for money in the long run.

Time will tell how OCs signings work out but I haven't seen any evidence that they were "on ridiculous wages" - that wouldn't make sense as OC was tasked with reducing the wage bill. OC had the same dilemma as DF has - demand for success now against a background of rebuilding and wage cutting. At least DFs problems haven't been compounded by the terrible run of injuries OC had to contend with - he's come in at the right time to benefit from OCs work to some extent including the return of Holden and Alonso, Ream, Sordell and even Pratley finding some decent form. The only potentially "crap" signings that OC made as far as I know are those players who haven't yet made a regular appearance - and they still might when DF thinks they're ready.

Fact is that OC signed players on "potential" because he hadn't got much money and was led to believe that the established players could do well in this league whilst the prospects were developing. It's the established players and a run of bad injuries that let OC down. DF will get the benefit though.

384January transfer window - Page 20 Empty Re: January transfer window Tue Jan 29 2013, 10:48

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:

I think Sordell was a good signing by OC, even though we paid a little more than I would have liked. You can say what you like about "potential" but I still believe Sordell will come good and prove to be extremely good value for money in the long run.

You could say exactly the same thing about Ngog and all the other donkeys that never come good.

385January transfer window - Page 20 Empty Re: January transfer window Tue Jan 29 2013, 10:50

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Wheater
Holden
Sordell
Eagles

Together cost a similar value as Zat Knight.

Give me 25 million and I could find one or two good players.

386January transfer window - Page 20 Empty Re: January transfer window Tue Jan 29 2013, 10:58

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lofty_Love wrote:Wheater
Holden
Sordell
Eagles

Together cost a similar value as Zat Knight.

Give me 25 million and I could find one or two good players.

I don't get your point:

Wheater: Most of his BWFC career injured or on bench
Holden: Injured for vast majority of his career
Sordell: Benchwarmer
Eagles: Bought as a Prem player but wasn't good enough

387January transfer window - Page 20 Empty Re: January transfer window Tue Jan 29 2013, 11:02

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I dislike megson as much as the next man but there's no debating that he's a better manager than coyle.

388January transfer window - Page 20 Empty Re: January transfer window Tue Jan 29 2013, 11:02

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:
I don't get your point:

Wheater: Most of his BWFC career injured or on bench
Holden: Injured for vast majority of his career
Sordell: Benchwarmer
Eagles: Bought as a Prem player but wasn't good enough

My point is that Megson pissed away the clubs money and bought very few decent players in return.

Id rather have any one of those players than Zat Knight if I had to chose and we got them all for a similar price.

Ill accept Eagles ins't premier league quality, but I think the other 3 could all play in the premier league. If Coyle used them in the correct way or not is a totally different matter.

389January transfer window - Page 20 Empty Re: January transfer window Tue Jan 29 2013, 11:05

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I just can't think of one good point about Gray Megson:

Terrible personality
Terrible to the fans
Very bitter
Mostly terrible signings
Spent loads of money
Terrible tactics
Terrible motivator

Hes just.. terrible

Owen Coyle had a better win percentage than Megson and spent about 30% of the budget he had.

390January transfer window - Page 20 Empty Re: January transfer window Tue Jan 29 2013, 13:12

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So now we've signed Cian Bolger, a young CB who is on his way back from a cruciate ligament injury. Good to have some more competition for CB slots but does this mean that Knight and possibly Ricketts are on their way? Not sure how soon Bolger will be deemed ready to play.

391January transfer window - Page 20 Empty Re: January transfer window Tue Jan 29 2013, 13:40

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:So now we've signed Cian Bolger, a young CB who is on his way back from a cruciate ligament injury. Good to have some more competition for CB slots but does this mean that Knight and possibly Ricketts are on their way? Not sure how soon Bolger will be deemed ready to play.
Dougie has signed Gary Fraser from Hamilton and probably this young Bolger kid, with the purpose of putting them in to our development squad, these two players probably won't be the last ones arriving either.

392January transfer window - Page 20 Empty Re: January transfer window Tue Jan 29 2013, 14:48

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Culcheth_White wrote:
wanderlust wrote:So now we've signed Cian Bolger, a young CB who is on his way back from a cruciate ligament injury. Good to have some more competition for CB slots but does this mean that Knight and possibly Ricketts are on their way? Not sure how soon Bolger will be deemed ready to play.
Dougie has signed Gary Fraser from Hamilton and probably this young Bolger kid, with the purpose of putting them in to our development squad, these two players probably won't be the last ones arriving either.

Bolger's had a bit more experience than Fraser and is older but I agree he probably won't be in the frame for some time to come.

Dougie seems to be happy with the U18s but doesn't have much time for U21s as far as I can tell.

393January transfer window - Page 20 Empty Re: January transfer window Tue Jan 29 2013, 19:56

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

George Boyd to Palace. We should have been in for him, quality player at this level.

394January transfer window - Page 20 Empty Re: January transfer window Tue Jan 29 2013, 20:06

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's a Palace fan, they are going to get promoted this season, so they still would have got him if it was a choice between us or them.

395January transfer window - Page 20 Empty Re: January transfer window Tue Jan 29 2013, 20:12

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:He's a Palace fan, they are going to get promoted this season, so they still would have got him if it was a choice between us or them.

Shut up. You don't know him. For all you know he might have a chick in Bolton.

396January transfer window - Page 20 Empty Re: January transfer window Tue Jan 29 2013, 20:31

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

but he doesn't...

397January transfer window - Page 20 Empty Re: January transfer window Tue Jan 29 2013, 20:34

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You have no idea what a player wants. I suspect playing for the club he supports is quite low down on any players want list.

Any deal can be hijacked for the right money/contract. Boyd is a proven player who isn't too old.

398January transfer window - Page 20 Empty Re: January transfer window Tue Jan 29 2013, 22:08

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:
BoltonTillIDie wrote:He's a Palace fan, they are going to get promoted this season, so they still would have got him if it was a choice between us or them.

Shut up. You don't know him. For all you know he might have a slag in Blackburn.

Laughing

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

399January transfer window - Page 20 Empty Re: January transfer window Tue Jan 29 2013, 22:52

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Culcheth_White wrote:Dougie has signed Gary Fraser from Hamilton ...

Apparantly we haven't? - tweet from his club 4 hours ago -

Gary Fraser will be in as normal tomorrow, his proposed move to Bolton is not happening at the moment. Club are delighted if he is continuing his development with us at this time.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

400January transfer window - Page 20 Empty Re: January transfer window Wed Jan 30 2013, 00:22

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Apparently we've signed or are close to signing medo kamara, wikipedia has him listed as our player [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Im skeptical about this as the guy has been linked with teams like Liverpool, chelsea and tottenham they wanted him as a replacement for modric.

Would be a major coup if we pull it off.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 20 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum