Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

January transfer window

+32
jayjay23
mark leach
Leeds_Trotter
doffcocker
terenceanne
MartinBWFC
inf
Michael Bolton
gloswhite
Lyric Todkill
Barryjw
Norpig
Bernard Dennis Park
Lofty_Love
Bolton Nuts
JonnyRandom
observer
xmiles
Dunkels King
Sluffy
rammywhite
BoltonTillIDie
Reebok_Rebel
Keegan
Reebok Trotter
Culcheth_White
Hipster_Nebula
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
aaron_bwfc
Sgt. Bash
wanderlust
36 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 38 of 40]

741January transfer window - Page 38 Empty Re: January transfer window Thu Jan 31 2013, 22:56

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I misread Lt Boons comment tbh, I missed Boggers link. No harm done. Live and let live and all that..etc etc.

742January transfer window - Page 38 Empty Re: January transfer window Thu Jan 31 2013, 22:56

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:All of a suden, things are looking up. Lets hope DF finds the right combination quickly. Well DF, LL, and (unusually), PG.
Slow introductions all round I imagine.

743January transfer window - Page 38 Empty Re: January transfer window Thu Jan 31 2013, 22:57

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
Lt. Boon wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:
Lt. Boon wrote:Burnden Aces is a fan site, if BTID posted on our main page that Messi had signed for Bolton, would you believe it?

I'm in the believe it when I see it camp.

What has Burnden Aces got to do with the transfer window?

Boggers posted a link to a news story on that site claiming we'd officially signed Medo.

Just to clear things up a bit about Burnden Aces.

Burnden Aces (BA) is just another forum like ours BUT unlike us the owner is in it to make money for himself - this is done by having advertisements and attracting sponsors.

He therefore needs to have people visiting the site and posting - so as that in turn brings other people in to read and hopefully click on the adverts and earn him more money.

What the owner does is to 'capture' information from other sources - and that probably includes this site as well - and rewrites it and passes it off as his 'news story' and 'advertises' it via news collating sites, such as 'newsnow' or 'aggrobot', to attract people to his forum (and hopefully get them clicking the adverts!).

For instance only the club can officially say if we've signed someone or not - and in this instance BA's owner has quickly used the official notification to do his 'story'.

It's obviously a free world and people can go and look on any site they want for news on the club but I can guarantee you that very few news stories (if any at all!) will be original source ones on Burnden Aces.

If you doubt me check out any future 'news' story's from BA, then look at other sources such as the clubs official news, or the Bolton News site, etc and you will always find that someone else as 'broke' the news before they have.

In short the owner of BA is out to make money from his readers (otherwise he wouldn't bother rewriting something that is as already broken already and simply post the source link as we do on here).

We may be many things on here but one thing we are not is trying to 'play you' to simply make money for ourselves!

Funnily enough I know the owner of Burnden Aces and never have been a member and never will as this site is just perfect for me! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

744January transfer window - Page 38 Empty Re: January transfer window Thu Jan 31 2013, 22:58

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Yep, before anything else, they all have to get fit for Dougie Very Happy

745January transfer window - Page 38 Empty Re: January transfer window Thu Jan 31 2013, 22:59

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Natasha Whittam wrote:
JonnyRandom wrote:
karlypants wrote:Fantastic transfer window for us in a long time and especially will little funds.

Well chuffed! Very Happy

Cant agree more. Things are finally looking slightly more promising. Nowets hope knight gets replaced by dawson and wheater comes back soon

I agree that this has been a decent transfer window.

But I will be quite livid if it's the usual suspects at Watford on Saturday.

Have to agree with you there. Sordell has to start for me at least. Cant see many, if any, of the new signings being in the squad at weekend but possibly the week after maybe?

746January transfer window - Page 38 Empty Re: January transfer window Thu Jan 31 2013, 23:00

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

WINDOW CLOSED

747January transfer window - Page 38 Empty Re: January transfer window Thu Jan 31 2013, 23:02

Think it's a bit soon for Medo to play on Saturday, can't see him being the squad. Would like to see Dawson and Craig Davies on the bench with Sordell, Vela and Lonergan coming into the side.

I'll probably be disappointed in fairness.

Decent looking transfer window though, credit to Dougie apparently he's wanted Medo for 2 years and he's done this through his contacts.

As others have said this under the radar way of doing deals is far better, and nice to see some unknowns coming in rather than tried and failed premier league players.

748January transfer window - Page 38 Empty Re: January transfer window Thu Jan 31 2013, 23:09

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Nixon tweet -

On Medo Kamara. Dougie been chasing him for two years. Used his own contacts to get this done. If he is 10 per cent as good as he thinks...

749January transfer window - Page 38 Empty Re: January transfer window Thu Jan 31 2013, 23:18

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

karlypants wrote:Funnily enough I know the owner of Burnden Aces and never have been a member and never will as this site is just perfect for me! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I've read BA for a long time and posted on BA's forum, I find Nuts to be the more active forum and a better format etc. The mods are good too (Tasha would disagree of course!)

I'm amazed there's so many BWFC forums nowadays! We're not exactly a massive fan base.

750January transfer window - Page 38 Empty Re: January transfer window Fri Feb 01 2013, 07:41

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So now the window is all over, will it make a difference for us? I think maybe.

The loanees Dawson and De Ridder will play this season. Dawson will be in the mix for a CB slot and will probably get preference as he's on loan. De Ridder can play left side and will probably be used where and when Petrov was used.

Medo will probably be introduced slowly in a NRC role - a player he is similar to - and hopefully he will be better than when he gets up to speed.

C Davies will compete for a striker role and may get the occasional run out, and Gregus and Bolger are probably not going to feature at all this season, but we'll see. I think Gregus is probably an understudy for Holden who is out of contract in the summer.

Difference for this season? Overall I'd say it's going to be slightly more competitive in some key areas and maybe that will be enough.

Don't think we'll miss Petrov and O'Halloran is surplus for the time being, but just as important as the players we've brought in we've managed to hold on to Lee and Alonso for now. Relegated ex-prem teams that are not looking like they're putting in a challenge for promotion are an obvious target for raids in January so we've done well in that department. So for this season I think we've probably got enough to climb up the table from our current position of 17th but whether it will be enough to get us to the playoffs I'm not sure.

Longer term we have an issue, especially if we don't get back to the prem. It looks like we'll lose Alonso and possibly Holden and Lee in the summer plus there are few players who we might want shot of anyway. We can assume that Petrov will be also be sold and SKD may well retire or move on and de Ridder, Spearing, Dawson etc will be returning to their clubs and the prospect of another season in the Championship may unnerve a few so we have to hope that a whole bunch of "fringe" players step up and/or more transfer activity will be required - there will be big changes either way IMO.

Overall I'm really pleased with how the window has worked out as although we're a long way from being out of the woods still, I don't think the club could have done more - apart from close the deals for Tollas Nation and the Scottish kid.

Still intrigued by the idea that we might bring someone else in after the window as suggested, but happy with the consolidation made already.

751January transfer window - Page 38 Empty Re: January transfer window Fri Feb 01 2013, 07:49

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

On paper it looks a good transfer window, but it'll only be good if Dougie uses these players.

We've been utter shite for 18 months now, it really is time for a drastic change, how much longer can Dougie put faith in Knight, Kevin Davies and Bogdan? Despite what people say we can still make the play-offs but we need to go on a run of 10 games or so unbeaten and turn draws into wins. It's a long shot but not impossible.

I'm sick of this bullshit about players not being fit enough or mentally strong enough to play games - the players Dougie is picking might be fit but they're shit!

If Sordell doesn't start at Watford Dougie is fecking clueless.

If we go to Watford with the usual suspects and play for a draw I will be pissed.

752January transfer window - Page 38 Empty Re: January transfer window Fri Feb 01 2013, 08:02

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So do you think that the manager has been fairly astute in the transfer window, but you can't trust him to select the best players for matches - even though he is the guy who sees them in training all week?

753January transfer window - Page 38 Empty Re: January transfer window Fri Feb 01 2013, 08:05

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Well I'm hoping K Davies will be dropped for Watford and swapped with Sordell but honestly I cant see it happening so I have to agree with Nat on this one...

754January transfer window - Page 38 Empty Re: January transfer window Fri Feb 01 2013, 08:12

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We're 17th in the league so "playing for a draw" isn't the best option at this stage and I'm sure DF knows that. Playing away, DF tends to try to contain the opposition at the beginning of matches and does seem to focus on "not losing" and then pushing on late in the game if we are in with a chance of nicking it or are behind. Maybe that approach will change but I doubt it.

I think everyone would like to see Sordell being given a run out but because it's Watford I think DF reckons it would put pressure on Sordell. You never know, but I'd be surprised to see anything radically different from what we've become used to for a while.

755January transfer window - Page 38 Empty Re: January transfer window Fri Feb 01 2013, 09:55

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

well, fuck me sideways... ::dance::

that turned out to be a good day didn't it...

756January transfer window - Page 38 Empty Re: January transfer window Fri Feb 01 2013, 10:05

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Have you got your cock out yet?

757January transfer window - Page 38 Empty Re: January transfer window Fri Feb 01 2013, 10:09

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Six completely new faces,Wylde and Eaves back from loans,Holden and Vela back from injury, Mavies and Wheatear almost back. Thats 12 new people available for selection. Dougie can't claim tohave a small squad now. I wonder how many of these will get real game time between now and the end of the season?
Or will Nat's miserable foreboding that all they'll play is little cameo roles be what we see.

758January transfer window - Page 38 Empty Re: January transfer window Fri Feb 01 2013, 10:28

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:Six completely new faces,Wylde and Eaves back from loans,Holden and Vela back from injury, Mavies and Wheatear almost back. Thats 12 new people available for selection. Dougie can't claim tohave a small squad now. I wonder how many of these will get real game time between now and the end of the season?
Or will Nat's miserable foreboding that all they'll play is little cameo roles be what we see.

He's still trying to find it. Laughing

759January transfer window - Page 38 Empty Re: January transfer window Fri Feb 01 2013, 10:29

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Have you got your cock out yet?

If you remember, I changed it - I said id take a shit on the town hall steps and prove it with an uploaded picture, I will stick to this...

760January transfer window - Page 38 Empty Re: January transfer window Fri Feb 01 2013, 10:31

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well that was a fail.

I was supposed to quote hipster...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 38 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum