Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Beckham to play for PSG for FREE!!

+11
BoltonTillIDie
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
Keegan
Lofty_Love
Boggersbelief
NickFazer
Sgt. Bash
Reebok Trotter
doffcocker
aaron_bwfc
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Beckham to play for PSG for FREE!! Empty Beckham to play for PSG for FREE!! Thu Jan 31 2013, 17:36

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I know he's got more money that most people can even dream of but he is set to play for PSG for no salary.

"I'm excited, it's something we've been working on and talking about for quite a while," he said on Thursday.

"I won't receive any salary. My salary will go to a local children's charity. That's one of the things we are excited and proud to do."

He added: "It's something the guys [PSG management] do, but obviously it's a very good figure. That's one thing we're very excited about. To be able to give a huge sum to a children's charity in Paris is very special."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21281665

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It's all about the kids, not the exposure of the Beckham brand to the French market.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

PSG are loaded. You can bet there will be some greasing of palms behind the scenes. They will probably make a killing on selling their shirts with his name on the back.

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Whatever the motives, the children's charity wins here. Fair play to him.

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Rich people in France pay tax at 75% so he may as well play for nothing and give the benefit to those less fortunate. Well done Mr Beckham.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Publicity stunt by beckham.

I'd play for free if I had millions in the bank.

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Boggersbelief wrote:Publicity stunt by beckham.

I'd play for free if I had millions in the bank.

There are plenty of millionaire footballers etc who could afford it and don't. He gets the kudos and the publicity but so what.

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

You get slated if you are paid millions and told its just a stunt if you play for nothing, can't win.

I think this is just a genuine act of kindness, yes he doesn't need it in the slightest, but other players would still take it in his position.

Good on him.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Do we reckon he'd have done it if his contract was longer than a few months.

I don't think so

10Beckham to play for PSG for FREE!! Empty Re: Beckham to play for PSG for FREE!! Thu Jan 31 2013, 18:15

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

So?

11Beckham to play for PSG for FREE!! Empty Re: Beckham to play for PSG for FREE!! Thu Jan 31 2013, 18:23

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

That's still a lot of money to charity over the next 5 months. Well done, I say.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

12Beckham to play for PSG for FREE!! Empty Re: Beckham to play for PSG for FREE!! Thu Jan 31 2013, 18:39

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Admirable.

13Beckham to play for PSG for FREE!! Empty Re: Beckham to play for PSG for FREE!! Thu Jan 31 2013, 19:26

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lt. Boon wrote:Whatever the motives, the children's charity wins here. Fair play to him.

I agree with this.

David Beckham should be given more credit. He's been a good footballer, kept his willy in his pants, not been caught fighting in a club or falling out half pissed. He is a role model.

The fact he is giving his salary to a kids charity is ace.

14Beckham to play for PSG for FREE!! Empty Re: Beckham to play for PSG for FREE!! Thu Jan 31 2013, 19:27

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Do we reckon he'd have done it if his contract was longer than a few months.

I don't think so

I feel bad that you are so cynical. Did someone abuse you?

15Beckham to play for PSG for FREE!! Empty Re: Beckham to play for PSG for FREE!! Thu Jan 31 2013, 19:32

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Lt. Boon wrote:Whatever the motives, the children's charity wins here. Fair play to him.

I agree with this.

David Beckham should be given more credit. He's been a good footballer, kept his willy in his pants, not been caught fighting in a club or falling out half pissed. He is a role model.

The fact he is giving his salary to a kids charity is ace.

Very fair play to him - didn't have to do that and no-one would have thought he should have...

16Beckham to play for PSG for FREE!! Empty Re: Beckham to play for PSG for FREE!! Thu Jan 31 2013, 19:32

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:

I agree with this.

affraid

17Beckham to play for PSG for FREE!! Empty Re: Beckham to play for PSG for FREE!! Thu Jan 31 2013, 21:11

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:David Beckham should be given more credit. He's kept his willy in his pants,

Not according to nanny Rebecca Loos.

18Beckham to play for PSG for FREE!! Empty Re: Beckham to play for PSG for FREE!! Thu Jan 31 2013, 21:19

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:David Beckham should be given more credit. He's kept his willy in his pants,

Don't you watch Jeremy Kyle? Everyone is allowed one cheat.

19Beckham to play for PSG for FREE!! Empty Re: Beckham to play for PSG for FREE!! Thu Jan 31 2013, 21:20

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:

It was made up.

20Beckham to play for PSG for FREE!! Empty Re: Beckham to play for PSG for FREE!! Thu Jan 31 2013, 21:22

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm not surprised he cheated. His missus is a right po faced bugger. She never seems to smile and always looks as though her finger has just gone through the toilet paper.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum