Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Beckham to play for PSG for FREE!!

+11
BoltonTillIDie
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
Keegan
Lofty_Love
Boggersbelief
NickFazer
Sgt. Bash
Reebok Trotter
doffcocker
aaron_bwfc
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

41Beckham to play for PSG for FREE!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Beckham to play for PSG for FREE!! Fri Feb 01 2013, 12:25

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

So his wages are going to charity.

What about he appearance fees?
What about goal scoring fees?
What about win bonuses?

He is still no philanthropist in my eyes, plus as one PSG fanstated last night - its all a marketing ploy for both the club and brand Beckham! How many shirts have been sold since he signed?

42Beckham to play for PSG for FREE!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Beckham to play for PSG for FREE!! Fri Feb 01 2013, 12:26

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:

It's actually 3.3 million he's giving to a charity that he's never heard of before now, of course it's a publicity stunt you daft bint.

I don't know Beckham to know for sure - but that isn't the issue here.

You seem to be suggesting your 50p donanation to charity is more meaningful because the charity you donated to is one you have an interest in.

Seriously, I've spoken to the boss of the Mavies forum and he's happy to have you.

43Beckham to play for PSG for FREE!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Beckham to play for PSG for FREE!! Fri Feb 01 2013, 12:52

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:

It's actually 3.3 million he's giving to a charity that he's never heard of before now, of course it's a publicity stunt you daft bint.

I don't know Beckham to know for sure - but that isn't the issue here.

You seem to be suggesting your 50p donanation to charity is more meaningful because the charity you donated to is one you have an interest in.

Seriously, I've spoken to the boss of the Mavies forum and he's happy to have you.

A 50pence donation that comes from the heart to a charity that means something to you would be more meaningful than giving millions to a random charity just because you can and to make you look good.

Stop trying to argue with me, you will lose.

44Beckham to play for PSG for FREE!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Beckham to play for PSG for FREE!! Fri Feb 01 2013, 13:12

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:

A 50pence donation that comes from the heart to a charity that means something to you would be more meaningful than giving millions to a random charity just because you can and to make you look good.

Ignoring the fact you have no idea what's in Beckham's heart, it's what the money can do for a charity that is important here.

50p, even with the best of intentions, is never going to change lives. I suspect £3m will.

If you were the manager of a charity, would you rather take £3m from someone who was doing it for publicity or 50p from someone who genuinely wanted to help?

This is about improving kids lives, you should shut the fuck up for once.

** Mavies site upped their offer to 21p and a bag of grapes for you to move there.

45Beckham to play for PSG for FREE!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Beckham to play for PSG for FREE!! Fri Feb 01 2013, 13:16

Boggersbelief wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:Yes but I give to charities that mean something me. And I do it for the right reasons

You're an idiot. You have no idea of Beckham's motives.

But let me assure you one thing - £500k is a godsend to a charity regardless of whether Beckham did it as a publicity stunt or out of the kindness of his heart.

You really are a prick and I'm asking you nicely to find somewhere else to post.

Do you really think he needs the extra publicity?

It's a great gesture which he didn't have to do.

46Beckham to play for PSG for FREE!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Beckham to play for PSG for FREE!! Fri Feb 01 2013, 13:20

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:

Ignoring the fact you have no idea what's in Beckham's heart, it's what the money can do for a charity that is important here.

50p, even with the best of intentions, is never going to change lives. I suspect £3m will.

If you were the manager of a charity, would you rather take £3m from someone who was doing it for publicity or 50p from someone who genuinely wanted to help?

This is about improving kids lives, you should shut the fuck up for once.

** Mavies site upped their offer to 21p and a bag of grapes for you to move there.

You're missing the point. I'm not disputing the fact that it's great for the charity.

It's the reason that DB is donating it that I don't like. If he was doing it out the kindness of his heart why would he shout about it to the world, why not keep it private?

When I donate to cancer research I don't walk around the streets telling anyone that will listen.

47Beckham to play for PSG for FREE!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Beckham to play for PSG for FREE!! Fri Feb 01 2013, 13:23

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:Yes but I give to charities that mean something me. And I do it for the right reasons

But let me assure you one thing - £500k is a godsend to a charity regardless of whether Beckham did it as a publicity stunt or out of the kindness of his heart.

You really are a prick and I'm asking you nicely to find somewhere else to post.

He wants iconic status, he said himself "I don't think anyone else has ever done it"

Does that mean he wouldn't have if he wasn't the first?

48Beckham to play for PSG for FREE!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Beckham to play for PSG for FREE!! Fri Feb 01 2013, 14:41

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Does Bill Gates shout from teh rooftop when he gives to the eradication of Polio? I don't think so. Yes he is well known for his philanthropy and even gave a Dimbleby Lecture the other night. But he doesn't seek publicity, he doesn't brag about what he does and more importantly he knows as to where his money is going and cares about it.

Can you say the sam about Beckham and his donation?

Funnily enough shirt and other sales, due to his signing, are bound to come to more than what he is giving away.

49Beckham to play for PSG for FREE!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Beckham to play for PSG for FREE!! Fri Feb 01 2013, 22:37

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Boggersbelief wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

He wants iconic status, he said himself "I don't think anyone else has ever done it"

Does that mean he wouldn't have if he wasn't the first?
Well I have heard some tit arguments in the past but this one is special !! It is now wrong if your loaded to give to charity unless you know the intricacies of the charity you wish to donate to !! but its ok for knob heads to donate 50p because its special to them ??? ffs get a life,any donation from whatever direction is to be welcomed not condemned surely ? Time to lay this one to bed me thinks ! Natasha has provided a very good alternative blog for you to express your opinions I believe ?

50Beckham to play for PSG for FREE!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Beckham to play for PSG for FREE!! Fri Feb 01 2013, 22:52

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Still missing the point. Unbelievable

51Beckham to play for PSG for FREE!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Beckham to play for PSG for FREE!! Fri Feb 01 2013, 23:26

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Let's have it right. Brand Beckham is a global concern. He will have advisors who would have suggested that this would be an excellent publicity coup to keep his name alive now that his football career is on the wane. This kind of charitable donation can also be offset against his tax bill.

It is highly commendable to give so much money to charity but I would have preferred it if he had done it here in the UK rather than France.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum