Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

3 points from the playoffs!

+19
bwfc71
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
Bernard Dennis Park
Lyric Todkill
Keegan
gloswhite
terenceanne
Copper Dragon
MartinBWFC
doffcocker
aaron_bwfc
scottjames30
Michael Bolton
Hipster_Nebula
Sluffy
Boggersbelief
JonnyRandom
Bolton Nuts
23 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

13 points from the playoffs! Empty 3 points from the playoffs! Sat Mar 09 2013, 18:13

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Do you think we can keep this sort of form going?

And would you rather get in the play offs and go straight back up or take another season to consolidate and go on to win the league next season?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

23 points from the playoffs! Empty Re: 3 points from the playoffs! Sat Mar 09 2013, 18:16

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Go up through play offs for me. Fun day at Wembley rather than win league and not get a day out. I wont believe we are going up till i see it though. I think we can keep the run of form going but it all depends on people around us. The 2 away game now will be a tester whether we are worthy

33 points from the playoffs! Empty Re: 3 points from the playoffs! Sat Mar 09 2013, 18:20

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jonny is right, the next two games will be tough, especially with our poor away form.

4-6 points needed

43 points from the playoffs! Empty Re: 3 points from the playoffs! Sat Mar 09 2013, 18:22

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Remember our last fun day out at Wembley against Stoke!

Automatic promotion every time obviously.

No chance of that though this season so fingers crossed we do make the play-offs.

Tough ask though.

(Thanks Owen for the good start you gave us!).

53 points from the playoffs! Empty Re: 3 points from the playoffs! Sat Mar 09 2013, 18:28

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Maybe, maybe not.

As an armchair fan it really is hard to judge but we seem* to be defending better and we're grabbing wins where we used to snatch defeats.

i still think this push is too late though.

63 points from the playoffs! Empty Re: 3 points from the playoffs! Sat Mar 09 2013, 18:28

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I think we may only manage to draws from our next two games. They are both winnable if we want it bad enough. As long as we win one of the next two we will still be looking in good shape.
Forest have a very tough run in, I think they will soon drop away.

73 points from the playoffs! Empty Re: 3 points from the playoffs! Sat Mar 09 2013, 18:30

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We will be there.
DF, Is the man, and he is sorting out a team with good players.

We are going up.

83 points from the playoffs! Empty Re: 3 points from the playoffs! Sat Mar 09 2013, 18:39

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

My head says we have left it too late and how many teams go on a 7 match winning streak?

Heart says if we take 4 from the next 2 and win our remaining home games then we have a chance.

93 points from the playoffs! Empty Re: 3 points from the playoffs! Sat Mar 09 2013, 18:55

Bolton Nuts

Admin

I like having more games.

Game on Sat, game on Tues, game on Sat.... Another season of this would be grand imho.

If we go up we will struggle and have to start all over again. We lose Dawson and Spearing - without them our team will fall to bits again in the Prem.

103 points from the playoffs! Empty Re: 3 points from the playoffs! Sat Mar 09 2013, 18:57

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote:I like having more games.

Game on Sat, game on Tues, game on Sat.... Another season of this would be grand imho.

If we go up we will struggle and have to start all over again. We lose Dawson and Spearing - without them our team will fall to bits again in the Prem.

Dawson, has been great, do you think we could keep him.

113 points from the playoffs! Empty Re: 3 points from the playoffs! Sat Mar 09 2013, 18:59

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

We can't play the way we did today and on Tuesday and get to the play-offs. Dougie has some thinking to do about what his best starting eleven is.

123 points from the playoffs! Empty Re: 3 points from the playoffs! Sat Mar 09 2013, 19:00

Bolton Nuts

Admin

scottjames30 wrote:
Biggie wrote:I like having more games.

Dawson, has been great, do you think we could keep him.

I'll have a word with Dougie, see if I can twist his arm.

133 points from the playoffs! Empty Re: 3 points from the playoffs! Sat Mar 09 2013, 19:09

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Here is a look at the table after todays game, brighton have a game in hand against Barnsley away on Tuesday, if Barnsley can do us a favour I will be more confident in getting a play off spot.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

143 points from the playoffs! Empty Re: 3 points from the playoffs! Sat Mar 09 2013, 19:14

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Palace Bolton in the playoffs?

Not sure i like the look of that if it came off.

153 points from the playoffs! Empty Re: 3 points from the playoffs! Sat Mar 09 2013, 19:14

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Just 6 weeks ago we were 13 points off the playoff spots, we are now 3, that tells me that WE are the form team in this league, and the top 6 in the division will be watching us and Forest with dread.

163 points from the playoffs! Empty Re: 3 points from the playoffs! Sat Mar 09 2013, 19:15

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:Just 6 weeks ago we were 13 points off the playoff spots, we are now 3, that tells me that WE are the form team in this league, and the top 6 in the division will be watching us and Forest with dread.

Agree.

173 points from the playoffs! Empty Re: 3 points from the playoffs! Sat Mar 09 2013, 19:23

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Have you to play Forest yet?

183 points from the playoffs! Empty Re: 3 points from the playoffs! Sat Mar 09 2013, 19:30

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Copper Dragon wrote:Have you to play Forest yet?

No is the answer.

(Just seen the Run In thread)

193 points from the playoffs! Empty Re: 3 points from the playoffs! Sat Mar 09 2013, 22:30

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

We are getting the results to be sure but I question "good form" Seems to me we are eeking out the results..... don't get me wrong I'm enjoying our current run but I would like to see more possession, shots, corners etc.... and more all around deserved to win play. The upshot of today is that a draw would have been fair....... I don't want to read that especially on our home games.

203 points from the playoffs! Empty Re: 3 points from the playoffs! Sat Mar 09 2013, 22:59

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I would like to see us reach the playoffs, but there again I really don't think we are good enough to go up. Spearing, and Dawson on loan,still lots of areas where we are weak or inconsistent. I'm happy to see us do well this season, even reach the playoffs, but I dont think I can face a season where we come straight back down. I'm happy to consolidate for a season, and if we are really ready we'll go up then.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum