Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

3 points from the playoffs!

+19
bwfc71
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
Bernard Dennis Park
Lyric Todkill
Keegan
gloswhite
terenceanne
Copper Dragon
MartinBWFC
doffcocker
aaron_bwfc
scottjames30
Michael Bolton
Hipster_Nebula
Sluffy
Boggersbelief
JonnyRandom
Bolton Nuts
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

413 points from the playoffs! - Page 3 Empty Re: 3 points from the playoffs! Sun Mar 10 2013, 12:57

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You seem angry today Bernard. Did someone piss on your shoes in the Reebok bogs?

423 points from the playoffs! - Page 3 Empty Re: 3 points from the playoffs! Sun Mar 10 2013, 13:02

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:Shut up Mich you ugly geordie wanker.

You're not in the same league as me so don't even try it on.

You really will end up in a suitcase at the bottom of the sea if you cross me.

Bernard, I am really I to my fashion nowadays and I was thinking you would look really trendy in a surgical collar and full body plaster cast. I can arrange that for you this afternoon if you like? What is your postcode by the way?

433 points from the playoffs! - Page 3 Empty Re: 3 points from the playoffs! Sun Mar 10 2013, 13:54

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:Our last loss was to Watford so including the rearranged Posh game we are unbeaten in 8.
So it is, I stand corrected. Thanks RT - even better than I thought! Very Happy

443 points from the playoffs! - Page 3 Empty Re: 3 points from the playoffs! Sun Mar 10 2013, 13:59

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Whilst we ain't the finished article or even ready for the Prem we have to go for it.

453 points from the playoffs! - Page 3 Empty Re: 3 points from the playoffs! Sun Mar 10 2013, 14:13

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Everybody is happy that we are on an upward trend ....that is all grand .....
All common sense tells you is that when a Brighton & a Barnsley have 20+ shots on our goal...and only the post and super saves from the goalies gets us the result....somat is not right. Bounce of the ball is going our way at the moment and I'm glad of it but don't put the blinkers on. Even Doogie admitted we were outplayed yesterday "Controlling the game without possession" was his quote. That one is going in my log as a classic.

463 points from the playoffs! - Page 3 Empty Re: 3 points from the playoffs! Sun Mar 10 2013, 14:20

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Michael Bolton wrote:Bernard, I am really I to my fashion nowadays and I was thinking you would look really trendy in a surgical collar and full body plaster cast. I can arrange that for you this afternoon if you like? What is your postcode by the way?

You're a fantasist. Carry on and you'll find out why people offer me money to hurt people.

473 points from the playoffs! - Page 3 Empty Re: 3 points from the playoffs! Sun Mar 10 2013, 14:38

terenceanne wrote:Everybody is happy that we are on an upward trend ....that is all grand .....
All common sense tells you is that when a Brighton & a Barnsley have 20+ shots on our goal...and only the post and super saves from the goalies gets us the result....somat is not right. Bounce of the ball is going our way at the moment and I'm glad of it but don't put the blinkers on. Even Doogie admitted we were outplayed yesterday "Controlling the game without possession" was his quote. That one is going in my log as a classic.

I think Dougie was happy to concede possession to Brighton, he knows they're a good passing side and we may have to 'win ugly'. The fact we got the early goal probably changed his tactics, I'd have expected us to keep it tight and go for it last half hour, we never needed to go for it so it was important to keep it tight at the back and defend as a team.

The difference is now we can defend leads, that's how you control a game without possession, whilst some will argue on here nonsense like 'attack is the best form of defence' we're now capable of staying tight and stopping teams, they may have some attempts but they're not scoring that's why you shouldn't base judgements of our performance on bbc sports stats page.

483 points from the playoffs! - Page 3 Empty Re: 3 points from the playoffs! Tue Mar 12 2013, 09:10

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We may be 3 points behind Forest, but for us to get to the playoffs Brighton have to drop 6 points more than us in their remaining games and we have to get a better goal difference than Forest as well as win an extra game.
All we can do is win every game and hope that Brighton and Forest drop points and concede lots of goals and that Leeds don't win by big margins. One game at a time and no room for any slip ups - but we're still in the mix.
Ipswich is a must win so I hope we play with the intention of winning as a draw will not be enough IMO.

493 points from the playoffs! - Page 3 Empty Re: 3 points from the playoffs! Tue Mar 12 2013, 12:25

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:We may be 3 points behind Forest, but for us to get to the playoffs Brighton have to drop 6 points more than us in their remaining games and we have to get a better goal difference than Forest as well as win an extra game.
All we can do is win every game and hope that Brighton and Forest drop points and concede lots of goals and that Leeds don't win by big margins. One game at a time and no room for any slip ups - but we're still in the mix.
Ipswich is a must win so I hope we play with the intention of winning as a draw will not be enough IMO.
Ipswich leak goals so we have to go in offensively against them. They are second worst in the league in GD. We will need to show an offensive display that we have not seen in the past games. It will be interesting who DF puts on the pitch this weekend. One game at a time and we control our destiny by winning.

503 points from the playoffs! - Page 3 Empty Re: 3 points from the playoffs! Tue Mar 12 2013, 13:04

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

observer wrote:
wanderlust wrote:We may be 3 points behind Forest, but for us to get to the playoffs Brighton have to drop 6 points more than us in their remaining games and we have to get a better goal difference than Forest as well as win an extra game.
Ipswich leak goals so we have to go in offensively against them. They are second worst in the league in GD. We will need to show an offensive display that we have not seen in the past games. It will be interesting who DF puts on the pitch this weekend. One game at a time and we control our destiny by winning.
Agreed. This is not a game to control the game out of possession though Smile

513 points from the playoffs! - Page 3 Empty Re: 3 points from the playoffs! Tue Mar 12 2013, 14:30

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have a nasty feeling that the Ipswich game is the banana skin that we have been expecting.

523 points from the playoffs! - Page 3 Empty Re: 3 points from the playoffs! Tue Mar 12 2013, 14:37

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:I have a nasty feeling that the Ipswich game is the banana skin that we have been expecting.
Earlier in the season things were so bad we hoped that we could get anything from games like this - now we'd be disappointed if we don't win - big difference.

533 points from the playoffs! - Page 3 Empty Re: 3 points from the playoffs! Tue Mar 12 2013, 14:38

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I agree, but knowing Wanderers, I just hope after our recent run of form that this isn't a case of after the Lord Mayors show.

543 points from the playoffs! - Page 3 Empty Re: 3 points from the playoffs! Tue Mar 12 2013, 14:58

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:I agree, but knowing Wanderers, I just hope after our recent run of form that this isn't a case of after the Lord Mayors show.
Never know amigo. In the past I think that some of our players get complacent and cocky if we do well - and then mess it up against the less fancied teams. Hope it's not going to be one of those.

553 points from the playoffs! - Page 3 Empty Re: 3 points from the playoffs! Tue Mar 12 2013, 15:17

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Reebok Trotter wrote:In the past I think that some of our players get complacent and cocky if we do well - and then mess it up against the less fancied teams. Hope it's not going to be one of those.

Like THAT game at wembely...

563 points from the playoffs! - Page 3 Empty Re: 3 points from the playoffs! Tue Mar 12 2013, 15:18

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:I have a nasty feeling that the Ipswich game is the banana skin that we have been expecting.

Quite honestly i've had that feeling for the past 2 games and we've notched wins.

but this is the game most people (on the outside) will expect us to win.

:cop:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum