Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

If OC was still manager.

+14
Natasha Whittam
aaron_bwfc
Reebok Trotter
WhiteBic
Jamster26
wanderlust
BoltonTillIDie
SKDArmy
Copper Dragon
Boggersbelief
Sgt. Bash
scottjames30
Hipster_Nebula
Angry Dad
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1If OC was still manager. Empty If OC was still manager. Mon Apr 29 2013, 21:30

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Wonder what significance this saturday's match would have?

2If OC was still manager. Empty Re: If OC was still manager. Mon Apr 29 2013, 21:31

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well i tell you one thing, if Phillips was still manager we'd have won the champions league.

3If OC was still manager. Empty Re: If OC was still manager. Mon Apr 29 2013, 21:32

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We'd be down , or need a win to stay up.

4If OC was still manager. Empty Re: If OC was still manager. Mon Apr 29 2013, 22:39

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

It would be a nothing end of season match IMHO.

Imagine where we'd be now if Coyle had been sacked sooner!

5If OC was still manager. Empty Re: If OC was still manager. Mon Apr 29 2013, 22:47

Sgt. Bash wrote:It would be a nothing end of season match IMHO.

Imagine where we'd be now if Coyle had been sacked sooner!

Timing may have been perfect to be fair, had we sacked Owen earlier Dougie may not have done enough at Palace to convince Gartside.

Luckily we now have the messiah cheers

6If OC was still manager. Empty Re: If OC was still manager. Mon Apr 29 2013, 23:51

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Coyle would've had us around a 14th placed finish.

7If OC was still manager. Empty Re: If OC was still manager. Tue Apr 30 2013, 00:06

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

'Luckily we now have the messiah'

Bookmarked for a years time, whether you go up or not. Very Happy

8If OC was still manager. Empty Re: If OC was still manager. Tue Apr 30 2013, 07:33

SKDArmy

SKDArmy
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

bwfc1874 wrote:

Didn't we say this about coyle?

9If OC was still manager. Empty Re: If OC was still manager. Tue Apr 30 2013, 08:04

SKDArmy wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

Didn't we say this about coyle?

I don't make the same mistake twice.

So he must be the messiah.

10If OC was still manager. Empty Re: If OC was still manager. Tue Apr 30 2013, 08:26

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

11If OC was still manager. Empty Re: If OC was still manager. Tue Apr 30 2013, 08:31

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Absolutely no idea where we'd be.
One thing Dougie has done is to sort out the defence, but we still dropped loads of silly points whilst he sorted it out and then finally plumped for a compromise in strategy.
Not overjoyed with Dougie's approach to some games especially 451 away from home all the time, but I can't complain as we're still in with a chance.
Whether Coyle would have been able to do it, I'm not sure, but the change in the players has had a big impact. One thing is for sure - by the time OC was fired is was getting desperate so if he hadn't been fired I'm sure he would have done something to shake things up.
Personally I think we'd be mid table as OC would have made changes but he was so dogmatic about his approach it would have taken longer for him to act.

12If OC was still manager. Empty Re: If OC was still manager. Tue Apr 30 2013, 08:44

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Coyle's problem was that, as you say, he only had one way of playing and wasn't able to adapt to to different corcumstances.

I don't think we would have got relegated under Coyle, but I don't think we'd be anywhere near the play-offs.

13If OC was still manager. Empty Re: If OC was still manager. Tue Apr 30 2013, 09:56

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jamster26 wrote:Coyle's problem was that, as you say, he only had one way of playing and wasn't able to adapt to to different corcumstances.

I don't think we would have got relegated under Coyle, but I don't think we'd be anywhere near the play-offs.
Agreed or at least it seemed that way. Something had to change and we'll never know if Coyle would have finally accepted that or not. Still he was sacked so the problem went away.

14If OC was still manager. Empty Re: If OC was still manager. Tue Apr 30 2013, 10:08

wanderlust wrote:
Jamster26 wrote:Coyle's problem was that, as you say, he only had one way of playing and wasn't able to adapt to to different corcumstances.

Agreed or at least it seemed that way. Something had to change and we'll never know if Coyle would have finally accepted that or not. Still he was sacked so the problem went away.

I don't think it was a case of accepting it, I don't think he knew what needed doing or was capable of doing it.

Shocking fitness wasn't going to change over night, I think him and his backroom staff lacked the expertise to sort it out, not to mention the defence. We're far from perfect now but under OC we were horrendous, the worst I've ever seen a Bolton defence.

Part of the problem was the lack of protection from midfield, which he consistently failed to address.

I dread to think where we'd be with him now, he lost the dressing room way before he was sacked IMO.

We need to play 451 away at stronger sides, OC never realised this. We very rarely got draws or held on for results we just crumbled under pressure. I think we'd have been as poor as Blackburn this season had OC stayed.

15If OC was still manager. Empty Re: If OC was still manager. Tue Apr 30 2013, 10:53

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

^^ This ^^

16If OC was still manager. Empty Re: If OC was still manager. Tue Apr 30 2013, 11:04

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If OC was still manager then it's highly likely I wouldn't have renewed my season ticket for next season.

17If OC was still manager. Empty Re: If OC was still manager. Tue Apr 30 2013, 11:39

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I honestly think we would have been very close to were wolves are, our away record is still poor under Dougie so christ knows what it would have been like under Coyle if he was still here plus how average our home record was under him in this league, I doubt that would have really improved.

18If OC was still manager. Empty Re: If OC was still manager. Tue Apr 30 2013, 20:06

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have absolutely no doubt we'd be in the bottom 3 if Coyle was still running things, the clueless fucker.

19If OC was still manager. Empty Re: If OC was still manager. Tue Apr 30 2013, 20:16

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I have absolutely no doubt we'd be in the bottom 3 if Coyle was still running things, the clueless fucker.

Agree, and he'll still be saying stuff like we've got to dust ourselves down and remain positive.

20If OC was still manager. Empty Re: If OC was still manager. Tue Apr 30 2013, 20:38

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think the most telling fact is that he has been unemployed since last October.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum