Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Transfer Rumour Update: Charlie Horton

+4
wanderlust
Hipster_Nebula
terenceanne
JakeSnake
8 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

JakeSnake

David Lee
David Lee

According to reports we are to rival Tottenham for highly rated 19 year old goalkeeper Charlie Horton. According to the Mirror Tottenham have offered him a trial and Brad Friedal is flying over for a training camp to study him, however, Bolton are set to offer him a straight up deal and he will have more of a chance of breaking into our team rather than Tottenham's and his family may tell him to sway towards us for that very reason. A few years back when he was 15 he had trials with Man Utd and Chelsea but they never materialised

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I suppose its a good thing if true.....but I thought Boggers was the best goalie in the Champs...according to Doog.....how can this lad have a chance to break in the first team?

horton hears a who i heard!

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:I suppose its a good thing if true.....but I thought Boggers was the best goalie in the Champs...according to Doog.....how can this lad have a chance to break in the first team?

not everyone you buy is someone who starts.

some people are bought to develop at the club or add depth.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
terenceanne wrote:I suppose its a good thing if true.....but I thought Boggers was the best goalie in the Champs...according to Doog.....how can this lad have a chance to break in the first team?

not everyone you buy is someone who starts.

some people are bought to develop at the club or add depth.

That's exactly the kind of signing that should be brought in to develop - however Hipster is pointing out that the argument is that we would win his signature on the basis that he would play regularly, so it doesn't stack up.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

that might be the report but we know the reality.

a young keeper isn't just going to walk into the first team, he'd have to prove himself.

does that mean there's no point in signing anyone like that? That seems to be the suggestion above.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My suggestion? I'm agreeing with you.
I was pointing out that you were pointing out that he couldn't be guaranteed a starting place.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

a young keeper isn't just going to walk into the first team, he'd have to prove himself.

Boggers did.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:My suggestion? I'm agreeing with you.
I was pointing out that you were pointing out that he couldn't be guaranteed a starting place.

not your suggestion, the suggestion above by Terreneane.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Boggers did.

He really only got in the team by default.

but he did well to hang on to his place.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Boggers did.

Boggers was with us for ages before he got a game RT. He signed in 2007 and was 3rd in line behind Jussi and Ali, eventually working his way into the team.
He was 19 when he signed for us I think.

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Move over Boggers! Charlie looks great on you tube.

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I wonder if he'll look that good in 4 years when we sell him to Wigan?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

waynagain wrote:I wonder if he'll look that good in 4 years when we sell him to Wigan?
There's the little matter of getting him first.
He looks OK but youtube compilations show the dramatic stuff which is fine to show off athleticism but tells us nothing about the important stuff for goalies i.e. positional sense and decision-making. Not long to the window now - then we'll see what's going on.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I stand corrected ..... I personally prefer an older keeper with tons of experience..... but I'm 50/50 on it. We develope somebody and then have them move on after there contract runs out for nowt.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

He sounds like the next Jeremy Bon.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum