Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Official - Bolton Sign Quade Taylor

+8
Norpig
BoltonTillIDie
JAH
aaron_bwfc
rammywhite
finlaymcdanger
wanderlust
karlypants
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Official - Bolton Sign Quade Taylor - Page 2 Empty Re: Official - Bolton Sign Quade Taylor Tue Jul 29 2014, 00:47

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

We have a scouting staff who travel the world.....searching high and low in Brazilian third division squad teams.....African First division bench players etc etc...... no stone is unturned in the quest for talent. But sometimes they can't get a flight out...its always busy at Manchester Airport.

22Official - Bolton Sign Quade Taylor - Page 2 Empty Re: Official - Bolton Sign Quade Taylor Tue Jul 29 2014, 03:31

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Ronaldinho is a free agent... worth a punt?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

23Official - Bolton Sign Quade Taylor - Page 2 Empty Re: Official - Bolton Sign Quade Taylor Tue Jul 29 2014, 09:02

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Scouting is clearly a priority and there was an article that referred to it a couple of months ago around the time Dougie was trying to get Dyrekam who'd been scouted 8 times beforehand.
But perhaps we're looking at this the wrong way?
The question should be "who would want to come to Bolton if the transfer fee is peanuts or non-existent and the wages are appalling?"
Answer: Players who have worked with the manager before.

Perhaps the only players we have a chance of signing within the budget are players Dougie has either played alongside or managed and has a good relationship with?

Downside is it's a small pool to select from but the upside is they won't screw us in transfer negotiations if they can help it and they'll have the right attitude.

We're presuming that there is some budget to spend relatively big elsewhere but when a team is in transition like us, the manager has to pick up some squad and development players on the cheap and I'd guess that's what Dougie is doing here.

24Official - Bolton Sign Quade Taylor - Page 2 Empty Re: Official - Bolton Sign Quade Taylor Tue Jul 29 2014, 10:55

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Quick question, I don't know the answer, but did Big Sam bring players from Notts County to Bolton? Incidentally Big Sam will be free in a couple of weeks. I'd happily go back to route 1 football with him in charge again.

25Official - Bolton Sign Quade Taylor - Page 2 Empty Re: Official - Bolton Sign Quade Taylor Tue Jul 29 2014, 11:07

I enjoy the negativity on here a lot of the time, it makes for good debates and more posts. But I think this sort of thing really separates those who are objectively negative and those who clearly aren't. We've picked up a couple of ex-Palace youth players and Moxey this summer, so what? Signing youth players you've seen before and have confidence in is just obvious and signing players who have already been promoted even more so.

Plenty of worthwhile things to criticise but this only shows those who have a personal problem with the manager and want to moan about absolutely everything IMO.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum