Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Whites SWOOP for Tamworth ace?

+16
NickFazer
MartinBWFC
Keegan
BoltonTillIDie
terenceanne
bryan458
luckyPeterpiper
Norpig
finlaymcdanger
Boggersbelief
Reebok_Rebel
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
Soul Kitchen
karlypants
Hipster_Nebula
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

61Whites SWOOP for Tamworth ace? - Page 4 Empty Re: Whites SWOOP for Tamworth ace? Wed Aug 13 2014, 23:49

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:He's not instead of a senior striker so I think you're being overly pessimistic. Try and separate the youth team from the first team.

I can't believe you attribute good signings to luck it's laughable. He has an eye for a player, yet you write that off as luck?
An eye for talent? Liam Trotter anybody? Smile

More seriously though, my point is that while he may have picked some good ones he's had as many 'mares come in. Add to that his inability to get the best out of the players on anything remotely approaching a consistent basis and you have a recipe for serious trouble if not disaster. For two seasons now we've been lucky in that loanees have come in and done very well. But some have also been appalling and frankly having to RELY on loanees to get you out of a jam in the second half of the season doesn't speak well as to your ability to get the best out of your own players. 

But even leaving that aside sooner or later (and I suspect sooner, much sooner) we'll be in so deep a jam that even if the loanees do well it won't be enough. If we don't address the needs of the first team now then we'll be in League One and find it even harder to bring in prospects for the development squad anyway. No matter how nice the facilities are or how good the coaches in the youth setup might be if the club as a whole looks to be in freefall then the real talent will go elsewhere, even the previously unnoticed "hidden gems" will look at us and think they're better off not being here.
Eye for a player, haha, do me a fucking favour!!!!!!
what, like Beckford, Trotter, Dervite, Davies, Moxey, Baptiste, yea right, are these the hidden gems that Freedman's going to polish up, YOU CAN'T POLISH A TURD!!!!

62Whites SWOOP for Tamworth ace? - Page 4 Empty Re: Whites SWOOP for Tamworth ace? Thu Aug 14 2014, 00:02

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

How could you possibly write dervite and moxey of after two games Bryan?

63Whites SWOOP for Tamworth ace? - Page 4 Empty Re: Whites SWOOP for Tamworth ace? Thu Aug 14 2014, 08:00

:facepalm: 

Seriously stupid, even for you Bryan.

64Whites SWOOP for Tamworth ace? - Page 4 Empty Re: Whites SWOOP for Tamworth ace? Thu Aug 14 2014, 09:22

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote::facepalm: 

lol!

65Whites SWOOP for Tamworth ace? - Page 4 Empty Re: Whites SWOOP for Tamworth ace? Thu Aug 14 2014, 09:31

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:How could you possibly write dervite and moxey of after two games Bryan?

Because Bryan can spot a player, or not as the case may be with these two?

66Whites SWOOP for Tamworth ace? - Page 4 Empty Re: Whites SWOOP for Tamworth ace? Thu Aug 14 2014, 10:04

If this kid goes into the Development Squad and does ok, all well and good.

So long as he is then given a proper chance to play in the first team (not just half a dozen appearances on the bench).

When we signed Jason McAteer from Marine FC he was 20 years old.

He was a "prospect" but we didn't have a "Development squad" back then, we just had the Reserves.

So he played a few reserve games and was them deemed good enough to command a starting position in the first team.

At the age of 21.

And the rest is history..........

My point is, I hope he gets a proper chance to impress in a white shirt and is supported in his development at our club, rather than spending a couple of seasons playing meaningless games at Euxton before being loaned out to some League Two side with a view to a permanent deal.

There's no point having a "Development Squad", if you're not prepared to give them a proper chance in the first team, irrespective of their age.

67Whites SWOOP for Tamworth ace? - Page 4 Empty Re: Whites SWOOP for Tamworth ace? Thu Aug 14 2014, 10:18

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Stupid??, from you three??, HA HA, the three wise monkey's!!!!!!!!

68Whites SWOOP for Tamworth ace? - Page 4 Empty Re: Whites SWOOP for Tamworth ace? Thu Aug 14 2014, 10:21

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

doffcocker wrote:How have we seen off Premier League competition for a talented 19 year old that's gonna cost us peanuts?

And don't say Freedman's personality.
Woolery has had trials with WBA and played for Burnley's U21 development side last season. Perhaps having seen these clubs' from the inside may have decided he would get a better chance with us.

69Whites SWOOP for Tamworth ace? - Page 4 Empty Re: Whites SWOOP for Tamworth ace? Thu Aug 14 2014, 11:37

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

You really do insist on making personal comments about people don't you??? is there something missing in your life????

70Whites SWOOP for Tamworth ace? - Page 4 Empty Re: Whites SWOOP for Tamworth ace? Thu Aug 14 2014, 11:55

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bryan458 wrote:
You really do insist on making personal comments about people don't you??? is there something missing in your life????

Football knowledge.

71Whites SWOOP for Tamworth ace? - Page 4 Empty Re: Whites SWOOP for Tamworth ace? Thu Aug 14 2014, 12:01

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bryan458 wrote:

Football knowledge.

haha lol!  :agree:

72Whites SWOOP for Tamworth ace? - Page 4 Empty Re: Whites SWOOP for Tamworth ace? Fri Aug 15 2014, 11:56

bryan458 wrote:

Writing off two players after seeing them play once is stupid. I'm sorry to have to be the one to tell you, but that's indisputable. 

If you don't want me to point it out then don't make these inane comments all the time.

73Whites SWOOP for Tamworth ace? - Page 4 Empty Re: Whites SWOOP for Tamworth ace? Fri Aug 15 2014, 12:17

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I'll bet your 4ft 6, cause you definatly got acute small person syndrome.

P.S. I stand by what I said, THEY ARE FUCKING SHIT!!!!!

74Whites SWOOP for Tamworth ace? - Page 4 Empty Re: Whites SWOOP for Tamworth ace? Fri Aug 15 2014, 12:18

So you think any player can be judged after one game? 

I'm assuming you've never had a bad day at work? Or if you have then you admit you're fucking shit too?

75Whites SWOOP for Tamworth ace? - Page 4 Empty Re: Whites SWOOP for Tamworth ace? Fri Aug 15 2014, 12:21

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Personal abuse!!!!! Again!!!!, must have touched a nerve!!!!!

76Whites SWOOP for Tamworth ace? - Page 4 Empty Re: Whites SWOOP for Tamworth ace? Fri Aug 15 2014, 12:23

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

In this day and age the fans generally decide a player is "shit" before they even pull on the shirt, the more patient modern day fan will allow one or two misplaced passes before they come to the same conclusion. 

sad really but hey ho.

77Whites SWOOP for Tamworth ace? - Page 4 Empty Re: Whites SWOOP for Tamworth ace? Fri Aug 15 2014, 12:23

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:So you think any player can be judged after one game? 

YES, most can tell after 20 minutes .

78Whites SWOOP for Tamworth ace? - Page 4 Empty Re: Whites SWOOP for Tamworth ace? Fri Aug 15 2014, 12:25

bryan458 wrote:Personal abuse!!!!! Again!!!!, must have touched a nerve!!!!!

That genuinely wasn't meant as personal abuse, I'm just saying that if you're willing to write off a player as shit after one bad day, then you would class yourself as shit at your job if you've ever had a bad day of it?

79Whites SWOOP for Tamworth ace? - Page 4 Empty Re: Whites SWOOP for Tamworth ace? Fri Aug 15 2014, 12:28

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bryan458 wrote:Personal abuse!!!!! Again!!!!, must have touched a nerve!!!!!

bryan458 wrote:THEY ARE FUCKING SHIT!!!!!

Man to man mark the fat fuck!!!

Who said anything about lennon?? Pillock!!!

Stupid??, from you three??, HA HA, the three wise monkey's!!!!!!!!

Thought about it, !!!!!! it's Ginger Boy, he was a twat!!!!!!

he is either thick as pig shit, a fucking liar, totally deluded, or is deliberately trying to get sacked, what ever it is he's also a TWAT!!!!!!!

Megson for me was just a poor excuse for a human being.

You utter fucking prick Freedman, you now starting to sound like Cpl Jones!!!!! Wanker!!!!!

Wanker!!!!!!!

Dougie your a twat please FUCK OFF!!!!!

More Palace Shite, Fuck Off Dumb Fuck you TWAT!!!!!

I agree Bryan Personal abuse has no place on this forum.

80Whites SWOOP for Tamworth ace? - Page 4 Empty Re: Whites SWOOP for Tamworth ace? Fri Aug 15 2014, 12:28

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

When are the mods going to stop bwfc1874 abusing bryan458?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum