Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gartside Needs To Go Now.

+11
Soul Kitchen
luckyPeterpiper
bwfc71
Chairmanda
BoltonTillIDie
Boggersbelief
boltonbonce
White84
Norpig
karlypants
scottjames30
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Gartside Needs To Go Now. - Page 2 Empty Re: Gartside Needs To Go Now. Sat Sep 27 2014, 23:33

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Give her some gloves, be reet
Boggers, your fetish is coming out now! Very Happy

22Gartside Needs To Go Now. - Page 2 Empty Re: Gartside Needs To Go Now. Sat Sep 27 2014, 23:46

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I have been an activist against Gartside ever since the Megson fiasco.

Yes he has done a lot of so-called good for the club but at choosing managers he was lucky once and but his appointment have been nothing but woeful and very much inept - even when he appointed Megson and coming out with the god-awful speech about people in football etc etc etc.

Also have you notice that every time the club is in a bad patch he says nothing to anyone but when we are flying high he self-praises himself!!!!

I just have two words to shout....

GARTSIDE OUT!

23Gartside Needs To Go Now. - Page 2 Empty Re: Gartside Needs To Go Now. Sun Sep 28 2014, 03:37

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Good job I read this thread at 3.30am. If Wendy had seen Breaders post and caught me admiring the lady in questions' ... eyes I might well have been in trouble here. Wink  Laughing Twisted Evil :clap:

I'm with 71, I wanted Gartside out almost as soon as he said "We got the better Sam" let alone when he appointed Smegheadsonius.  ::seething2:: :Overreact: ::bigmachinegun:: ::sulk:: :shootinggun: ::sulk::

Eddie, wake up while you still have a football club. Please.  :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

24Gartside Needs To Go Now. - Page 2 Empty Re: Gartside Needs To Go Now. Sun Sep 28 2014, 09:20

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Like Freedman, Gartside is going nowhere under his own steam.
Does anybody actually think ED is going to blow him out and he won't walk away from a bag of money! 
These people don't get where they are by being sentimental and  doing the right thing. Brace yourself for stormier waters.

25Gartside Needs To Go Now. - Page 2 Empty Re: Gartside Needs To Go Now. Sun Sep 28 2014, 09:24

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:I have been an activist against Gartside ever since the Megson fiasco.

Yes he has done a lot of so-called good for the club but at choosing managers he was lucky once and but his appointment have been nothing but woeful and very much inept - even when he appointed Megson and coming out with the god-awful speech about people in football etc etc etc.

Also have you notice that every time the club is in a bad patch he says nothing to anyone but when we are flying high he self-praises himself!!!!

GARTSIDE OUT!

There's lots to blame Gartside for, picking managers isn't one of them.

I can't remember whether he was Chairman when Allardyce was appointed, but they certainly had a successful partnership. I don't remember much opposition to Sammy Lee taking over from Fat Sam - it made sense to keep the same personnel that had done so well previously.

Megson was a crap appointment, I'll except that.

But Owen Coyle was the fans choice and had done well at Burnley - I'm pretty sure I was the only Bolton fan who said it would be a disaster. The rest of you were dancing in the street.

And when Freedman was appointed, the general feeling was that he was an up and coming manager with bags of potential - again only I said we'd have been better off with Mick McCarthy.

The morale of this story is let me pick the next manager.

26Gartside Needs To Go Now. - Page 2 Empty Re: Gartside Needs To Go Now. Sun Sep 28 2014, 09:28

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:::bellend:: I have been an activist against Gartside ever since the Megson fiasco.

GARTSIDE OUT!

There's lots to blame Gartside for, picking managers isn't one of them.

I can't remember whether he was Chairman when Allardyce was appointed, but they certainly had a successful partnership. I don't remember much opposition to Sammy Lee taking over from Fat Sam - it made sense to keep the same personnel that had done so well previously.

Megson was a crap appointment, I'll except that.

But Owen Coyle was the fans choice and had done well at Burnley - I'm pretty sure I was the only Bolton fan who said it would be a disaster. The rest of you were dancing in the street.

And when Freedman was appointed, the general feeling was that he was an up and coming manager with bags of potential - again only I said we'd have been better off with Mick McCarthy.

The morale of this story is let me pick the next manager.
For the record, who would that be?

27Gartside Needs To Go Now. - Page 2 Empty Re: Gartside Needs To Go Now. Sun Sep 28 2014, 09:52

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:

I don't know, I would have to undertake extensive research.

But chances are I would be the best candidate.

28Gartside Needs To Go Now. - Page 2 Empty Re: Gartside Needs To Go Now. Sun Sep 28 2014, 10:32

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

He was in the chair when Allardyce was appointed. 
I'm sure a quick look up your rsole will soon reveal the new boss Uncle Nat!! Smile

29Gartside Needs To Go Now. - Page 2 Empty Re: Gartside Needs To Go Now. Sun Sep 28 2014, 10:35

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:I'm sure a quick look up your rsole will soon reveal the new boss Uncle Nat!! Smile

I've looked, there's no one there. Idiot.

30Gartside Needs To Go Now. - Page 2 Empty Re: Gartside Needs To Go Now. Sun Sep 28 2014, 12:35

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Allardyce was actually approached by Hargreaves and the deal was largely done BEFORE Garty became chairman. He was on the board then but it wasn't his decision. 

And nat, who is to blame for four consecutive woeful managerial appointments if not the chairman of the board? Surely he bears the ultimate responsibility no matter who he delegates the task to? Just as the manager is ultimately responsible for what happens on the pitch even though he doesn't play himself.

31Gartside Needs To Go Now. - Page 2 Empty Re: Gartside Needs To Go Now. Sun Sep 28 2014, 13:15

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:

I don't know, I would have to undertake extensive research.

But chances are I would be the best candidate.
Good job to take when no one could possibly do worse than Dougie.  Two wins in ten would be a huge leap forward. Imagine if you could win half the games!

32Gartside Needs To Go Now. - Page 2 Empty Re: Gartside Needs To Go Now. Sun Sep 28 2014, 15:39

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

33Gartside Needs To Go Now. - Page 2 Empty Re: Gartside Needs To Go Now. Sun Sep 28 2014, 15:41

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

34Gartside Needs To Go Now. - Page 2 Empty Re: Gartside Needs To Go Now. Sun Sep 28 2014, 16:31

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:I'm sure a quick look up your rsole will soon reveal the new boss Uncle Nat!! Smile

I've looked, there's no one there. Idiot.

Idiot, is that the name of the next boss or the incumbent one? Wink

35Gartside Needs To Go Now. - Page 2 Empty Re: Gartside Needs To Go Now. Sun Sep 28 2014, 16:44

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Chelsea should get rid of their Chairman IMO.

36Gartside Needs To Go Now. - Page 2 Empty Re: Gartside Needs To Go Now. Sun Sep 28 2014, 17:09

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

At least the Titanic had a band. Crying or Very sad

37Gartside Needs To Go Now. - Page 2 Empty Re: Gartside Needs To Go Now. Sun Sep 28 2014, 18:06

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:

And nat, who is to blame for four consecutive woeful managerial appointments if not the chairman of the board?

All I'm saying is picking a good manager is pretty much pot luck. Gary Megson was a strange one, but all the others were logical and the fans were pretty much behind the decision. Bolton fans were dancing in the streets when Owen Coyle took the job.

Blame Gartside for a lot of things, mainly holding onto Coyle for too long, but you can't really blame him for Coyle & Freedman as those appointments were supported by the fans.

38Gartside Needs To Go Now. - Page 2 Empty Re: Gartside Needs To Go Now. Sun Sep 28 2014, 18:08

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We're in the top 10 worst debt clubs in the world, isn't this Gartside's fault?

39Gartside Needs To Go Now. - Page 2 Empty Re: Gartside Needs To Go Now. Sun Sep 28 2014, 18:10

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:We're in the top 10 worst debt clubs in the world, isn't this Gartside's fault?

I suspect Eddie Davies signs off on all outgoings so probably not.

40Gartside Needs To Go Now. - Page 2 Empty Re: Gartside Needs To Go Now. Sun Sep 28 2014, 18:11

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:We're in the top 10 worst debt clubs in the world, isn't this Gartside's fault?

I suspect Eddie Davies signs off on all outgoings so probably not.

I didn't know Eddie was an accountant?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum