Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who is next in the hot seat?

+32
wessy
bryan458
xmiles
luckyPeterpiper
Sluffy
aaron_bwfc
Bolton Nuts
JAH
White84
Keegan
Pevensey Pete
BoltonTillIDie
gloswhite
scottjames30
finlaymcdanger
rammywhite
Boggersbelief
Bollotom2014
okocha
wanderlust
MartinBWFC
terenceanne
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
bwfc71
Hipster_Nebula
Barryjw
Numpty 28723
Reebok Trotter
boltonbonce
karlypants
mgsg24
36 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 23 ... 27  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 20 of 27]

381Who is next in the hot seat? - Page 20 Empty Re: Who is next in the hot seat? Wed Oct 08 2014, 15:46

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:Steve Clarke interviewing for the job this afternoon.

Source: Mr Lonagan
Who the fook is Mr Lonagon?

382Who is next in the hot seat? - Page 20 Empty Re: Who is next in the hot seat? Wed Oct 08 2014, 15:47

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:

The source

383Who is next in the hot seat? - Page 20 Empty Re: Who is next in the hot seat? Wed Oct 08 2014, 15:48

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:

The source
Ah you should have said, HP Lonagon.

384Who is next in the hot seat? - Page 20 Empty Re: Who is next in the hot seat? Wed Oct 08 2014, 15:49

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Clarke will get the job. My bookie won't be happy.

385Who is next in the hot seat? - Page 20 Empty Re: Who is next in the hot seat? Wed Oct 08 2014, 17:09

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Steve Clarke wouldn't be a bad shout either. Oh hang on..... isn't he Scottish? ( Personally, I don't care where the manager hails from as long as he can achieve results on the pitch.
As well as managing West Brom hasn't Clarke worked as No 2 at both Chelsea and Liverpool? He may have decent contacts with a view to some short term loan players.

386Who is next in the hot seat? - Page 20 Empty Re: Who is next in the hot seat? Wed Oct 08 2014, 18:00

Chris Hughton is going down in the betting, at William Hill he is 5/4

387Who is next in the hot seat? - Page 20 Empty Re: Who is next in the hot seat? Wed Oct 08 2014, 18:16

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lennon is off the list, off to the middle east... bet he was never on it. 

Still like Karl Robinson, Chris Hughton Gary Rowett, Steve Clark. In that order.

388Who is next in the hot seat? - Page 20 Empty Re: Who is next in the hot seat? Wed Oct 08 2014, 18:38

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Lennon is off the list, off to the middle east... bet he was never on it. 

Still like Karl Robinson, Chris Hughton Gary Rowett, Steve Clark. In that order.

Ascending order I hope.

389Who is next in the hot seat? - Page 20 Empty Re: Who is next in the hot seat? Wed Oct 08 2014, 18:44

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Trouble with managers like Steve Clark and Chris Hughton is they have no experience of working to a tight budget. Clark did ok at West Brom, but was allowed to spend big bucks (by our standards) on players. Even Hughton at Birmingham had a healthy budget.

How are they going to cope?

Surely we're better with a Karl Robinson/Gary Rowett type, they work on small budgets and know the lower leagues pretty well. Even Di Canio had to work to a budget at Swindon and built a decent side.

390Who is next in the hot seat? - Page 20 Empty Re: Who is next in the hot seat? Wed Oct 08 2014, 18:55

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Trouble with managers like Steve Clark and Chris Hughton is they have no experience of working to a tight budget. Clark did ok at West Brom, but was allowed to spend big bucks (by our standards) on players. Even Hughton at Birmingham had a healthy budget.

Surely we're better with a Karl Robinson/Gary Rowett type, they work on small budgets and know the lower leagues pretty well. Even Di Canio had to work to a budget at Swindon and built a decent side.

Palace were on the brink of administration when freedman took charge.

We need someone who will command respect.

391Who is next in the hot seat? - Page 20 Empty Re: Who is next in the hot seat? Wed Oct 08 2014, 19:02

Boggersbelief wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:Trouble with managers like Steve Clark and Chris Hughton is they have no experience of working to a tight budget. Clark did ok at West Brom, but was allowed to spend big bucks (by our standards) on players. Even Hughton at Birmingham had a healthy budget.

No they weren't.

392Who is next in the hot seat? - Page 20 Empty Re: Who is next in the hot seat? Wed Oct 08 2014, 19:02

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't see why Robinson would come here anyway when you look at the respective positions of each club. (Money someone will say) but as Freedman saw it could kill your career, at least for a good while. 

gonna contradict myself now but I think some of these lower league guys would be champing at the bit to try their hand at Bolton.

Hughton and Clark seem safe as you can get to me, but obviously they both have had bad periods, otherwise they wouldn't be in our sights.

393Who is next in the hot seat? - Page 20 Empty Re: Who is next in the hot seat? Wed Oct 08 2014, 19:13

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:

We need someone who will command respect.

What's your point, we should appoint Freedman?

394Who is next in the hot seat? - Page 20 Empty Re: Who is next in the hot seat? Wed Oct 08 2014, 21:15

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dennis Wise is favourite on Paddy Power, who the hell is lumping on him.

395Who is next in the hot seat? - Page 20 Empty Re: Who is next in the hot seat? Wed Oct 08 2014, 21:19

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Dennis Wise is favourite on Paddy Power, who the hell is lumping on him.
Stop scaremongering. :facepalm:

396Who is next in the hot seat? - Page 20 Empty Re: Who is next in the hot seat? Wed Oct 08 2014, 22:55

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Hearing whispers for Steve Clarke ?

4th in the betting with some

397Who is next in the hot seat? - Page 20 Empty Re: Who is next in the hot seat? Wed Oct 08 2014, 23:00

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I backed him with hard earned cash some time ago.
I have no doubt.

398Who is next in the hot seat? - Page 20 Empty Re: Who is next in the hot seat? Wed Oct 08 2014, 23:01

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's clarkes to lose

399Who is next in the hot seat? - Page 20 Empty Re: Who is next in the hot seat? Thu Oct 09 2014, 11:17

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Look who's pimping themselves in their "weekly column"

EVERYWHERE I’ve been this week people have been asking me about the ongoing speculation surrounding myself and Bolton Wanderers.
There’s been no contact, like I keep on saying, but it did remind me of a conversation I had with the chairman during my time working there with Sam Allardyce.
With the job Sam was doing there was a lot of speculation surrounding his future.
He was linked with Newcastle United and England so with Sam’s permission I went and asked the chairman who would be in line to replace Sam when he left.
It’s still the same chairman that’s there now, Phil Gartside, and he said he felt I needed to get out and cut my teeth as a manager myself.
I think I’ve probably done that now but I’m perfectly happy at Southend and want to finish off what I’ve started here! 

:facepalm: desperately looking for a payday.

400Who is next in the hot seat? - Page 20 Empty Re: Who is next in the hot seat? Thu Oct 09 2014, 11:22

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Brown has a column?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 20 of 27]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 23 ... 27  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum