Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

*** BOLTON NUTS EXCLUSIVE ***

+7
Bolton Nuts
wessy
bwfc71
gloswhite
wanderlust
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21*** BOLTON NUTS EXCLUSIVE *** - Page 2 Empty Re: *** BOLTON NUTS EXCLUSIVE *** Tue Oct 07 2014, 12:14

Bolton Nuts

Admin

I can verify a very similar version of Nats story according to my own source.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

22*** BOLTON NUTS EXCLUSIVE *** - Page 2 Empty Re: *** BOLTON NUTS EXCLUSIVE *** Tue Oct 07 2014, 13:03

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

how did Freedman ever think he could bring young players through if this story about the youth team having no links with the first team is true?

23*** BOLTON NUTS EXCLUSIVE *** - Page 2 Empty Re: *** BOLTON NUTS EXCLUSIVE *** Tue Oct 07 2014, 14:04

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Thought the governing bodies stipulate that academies have to be operated on a different site than the main training complex. So what's all this about banning the youth from Euxton all about? Nonsence?

24*** BOLTON NUTS EXCLUSIVE *** - Page 2 Empty Re: *** BOLTON NUTS EXCLUSIVE *** Tue Oct 07 2014, 18:20

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Natasha Whittam wrote:On Friday afternoon the players refused to leave the training ground after being told Jamie Fullarton would be in charge against Bournemouth.

From a very well known source:

On the day Dougie got sacked last week 10 of the under 21 players, who Fullarton doesn't exactly see eye to eye with were told to line up on the training pitch, he instructed the rest of the under 21 team to fire footballs at them until each player had taken a shot.

If one of the players moved, Fullarton would have them start from the beginning. Whilst the shots were being taken one of the young lads got a ball straight in the face and broke his nose.

David Lee informed Jimmy Phillips of the situation and all this got back to Gartside, who in turn told Fullarton in no uncertain terms he would be nowhere near the first team on Saturday afternoon.

Jimmy Phillips was offered the job for Saturdays game but refused as he only wanted the job full time or not at all.

25*** BOLTON NUTS EXCLUSIVE *** - Page 2 Empty Re: *** BOLTON NUTS EXCLUSIVE *** Tue Oct 07 2014, 18:29

Who's the source?

26*** BOLTON NUTS EXCLUSIVE *** - Page 2 Empty Re: *** BOLTON NUTS EXCLUSIVE *** Tue Oct 07 2014, 18:30

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

A coach who works within the academy.

27*** BOLTON NUTS EXCLUSIVE *** - Page 2 Empty Re: *** BOLTON NUTS EXCLUSIVE *** Tue Oct 07 2014, 18:36

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Who broke their nose so I can check their twitter profile picture.

28*** BOLTON NUTS EXCLUSIVE *** - Page 2 Empty Re: *** BOLTON NUTS EXCLUSIVE *** Tue Oct 07 2014, 18:53

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

It was a lad called Luke Woodland.

29*** BOLTON NUTS EXCLUSIVE *** - Page 2 Empty Re: *** BOLTON NUTS EXCLUSIVE *** Tue Oct 07 2014, 18:56

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Barryjw wrote:Thought the governing bodies stipulate that academies have to be operated on a different site than the main training complex. So what's all this about banning the youth from Euxton all about? Nonsence?
No they don't barry. 

In fact at clubs like Man Utd and Barcelona all the teams not only use the same facility they train with each other on a regular basis. Barca's academy is situated at the Nou Camp itself while the players live in a house in the city and train at the same training ground as the first team. It apparently is part of a philosophy that all the teams play with the same approach to style and tactics so that there's a minimum of disruption when a player is injured/suspended and has to be replaced by a reserve or one of "the kids". 

While the offices might be on different sites there's no way the training grounds have to be. No club anywhere could afford to maintain four of five such things in order to accomodate the under 16's, under 18's development squad and so on mate, not unless they're City or some other sheikh's toy at any rate.

30*** BOLTON NUTS EXCLUSIVE *** - Page 2 Empty Re: *** BOLTON NUTS EXCLUSIVE *** Tue Oct 07 2014, 18:57

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc71 wrote:
OneFinFreedman wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:Jay Spearing doesn't have the FIFA Coaching Certificates to be a manager, and that is the one criteria that cannot overlooked!
Thought it was just in the top divisions that you needed coaching licenses?

We are not in League 1, just yet!

To be fair I know Premier League and Championship require the certificates but not too sure about League 1 and 2.  I know Conference and lower they are not required.
All four league divisions require at least your UEFA 'B' badge, the Prem and Championship require the A and in some clubs you have to have the 'international' badge to even be considered.

31*** BOLTON NUTS EXCLUSIVE *** - Page 2 Empty Re: *** BOLTON NUTS EXCLUSIVE *** Tue Oct 07 2014, 19:05

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:It was a lad called Luke Woodland.

He started for the reserves yesterday, I wonder if he wore a mask.

32*** BOLTON NUTS EXCLUSIVE *** - Page 2 Empty Re: *** BOLTON NUTS EXCLUSIVE *** Wed Oct 08 2014, 08:39

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:On Friday afternoon the players refused to leave the training ground after being told Jamie Fullarton would be in charge against Bournemouth.

From a very well known source:

On the day Dougie got sacked last week 10 of the under 21 players, who Fullarton doesn't exactly see eye to eye with were told to line up on the training pitch, he instructed the rest of the under 21 team to fire footballs at them until each player had taken a shot.

If one of the players moved, Fullarton would have them start from the beginning. Whilst the shots were being taken one of the young lads got a ball straight in the face and broke his nose.

David Lee informed Jimmy Phillips of the situation and all this got back to Gartside, who in turn told Fullarton in no uncertain terms he would be nowhere near the first team on Saturday afternoon.

Jimmy Phillips was offered the job for Saturdays game but refused as he only wanted the job full time or not at all.
 if this is true, Fullarton should have been sacked on the spot. This club really is in a mess from top to bottom.

33*** BOLTON NUTS EXCLUSIVE *** - Page 2 Empty Re: *** BOLTON NUTS EXCLUSIVE *** Wed Oct 08 2014, 12:12

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
Barryjw wrote:Thought the governing bodies stipulate that academies have to be operated on a different site than the main training complex. So what's all this about banning the youth from Euxton all about? Nonsence?
No they don't barry. 

In fact at clubs like Man Utd and Barcelona all the teams not only use the same facility they train with each other on a regular basis. Barca's academy is situated at the Nou Camp itself while the players live in a house in the city and train at the same training ground as the first team. It apparently is part of a philosophy that all the teams play with the same approach to style and tactics so that there's a minimum of disruption when a player is injured/suspended and has to be replaced by a reserve or one of "the kids". 

While the offices might be on different sites there's no way the training grounds have to be. No club anywhere could afford to maintain four of five such things in order to accomodate the under 16's, under 18's development squad and so on mate, not unless they're City or some other sheikh's toy at any rate.
I stand to be corrected and am fully aware of the situation in Spain where even my local 3rd division side juniors train and play on a different site to the first team.

Thought the whole point of Academy status was separation and coaching quality and only those that could meet the criteria were granted licences to operate. Playing in a certain style is down to philosophy and coaching and not dependant on working together although certain youth are invited to join the 1st team squad where they have earned the progression. Indeed Sammy Lee was brought to the club to ensure a high graded academy licence.

What do I know?

34*** BOLTON NUTS EXCLUSIVE *** - Page 2 Empty Re: *** BOLTON NUTS EXCLUSIVE *** Wed Oct 08 2014, 12:16

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Barryjw wrote:

What do I know?

Probably only a fraction of what I know.

35*** BOLTON NUTS EXCLUSIVE *** - Page 2 Empty Re: *** BOLTON NUTS EXCLUSIVE *** Wed Oct 08 2014, 12:37

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

What do I know?
Natasha Whittam wrote:
Probably only a fraction of what I know.
:agree:   :falltopieces:

36*** BOLTON NUTS EXCLUSIVE *** - Page 2 Empty Re: *** BOLTON NUTS EXCLUSIVE *** Wed Oct 08 2014, 12:57

LPP thought Karen Brady was the manager of Birmingham City, nothing he says can be taken seriously.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum