Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 3-1 Wigan

+24
Mr Magoo
finlaymcdanger
Hipster_Nebula
Bwfc1958
Numpty 28723
Banks of the Croal
BoltonTillIDie
CAMPO
gloswhite
Chairmanda
bryan458
Soul Kitchen
Natasha Whittam
Keegan
Reebok Trotter
terenceanne
scottjames30
wanderlust
aaron_bwfc
Boggersbelief
Norpig
boltonbonce
B.D.P
karlypants
28 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 12]

21Bolton 3-1 Wigan - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Wigan Wed Nov 05 2014, 16:18

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Consistency is everything from now on.
We can't keep stuttering along,throwing in the odd good performance along the way. League 1 awaits if we can't keep it going.

22Bolton 3-1 Wigan - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Wigan Wed Nov 05 2014, 17:01

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I hope that we batter them 7-0.

I hate them.

23Bolton 3-1 Wigan - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Wigan Wed Nov 05 2014, 20:47

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

It's simple...play like last night and we will beat 60% of teams in our division. There is always an upset along the way... a penalty or two against us, injuries etc.  To get to the next level we need two or three quality players to be brought in.  Since we currently don't have any money we will be lucky to pull that off.  As for Wigan 2-1 white men.

24Bolton 3-1 Wigan - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Wigan Wed Nov 05 2014, 21:01

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

3-0 to us!

25Bolton 3-1 Wigan - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Wigan Wed Nov 05 2014, 22:32

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We have the chance to go 17th & 10 points off the play offs if we win on Friday....

26Bolton 3-1 Wigan - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Wigan Thu Nov 06 2014, 01:24

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Bolton 2 - 0 Wigan

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

27Bolton 3-1 Wigan - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Wigan Thu Nov 06 2014, 10:35

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ref Watch: Duncan takes the whistle

Northumberland-based Scott Duncan will take charge of Wanderers’ clash with Wigan Athletic on Sunday night.

With most of his experience having come in League One and Two, this weekend’s clash marks only the second time Mr Duncan has reffed at Macron Stadium having previously overseen the Whites’ home clash with Brighton & Hove Albion last season.

Ian Dudley and Jason Tyas will run the line, while Richard Clark is the fourth official.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

28Bolton 3-1 Wigan - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Wigan Thu Nov 06 2014, 10:49

Cardiff have been poor away from home for a while and the consensus in the Welsh press and on their fans' forums was that they were particularly poor against us last week, so perhaps we shouldn't get too carried away with the result.

That said, were they simply poor or was it Lennon's tactics and the Bolton players' effort and commitment that made them look so bad? I dunno.

Anyroad, a local derby against Wiggin will be a different kettle of Meat & Potato, so I'm expecting a closer game.

2-1 to us.

29Bolton 3-1 Wigan - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Wigan Thu Nov 06 2014, 11:17

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We never seem to perform well against Wigan. I bet they snatch it 2-1 or similar.

30Bolton 3-1 Wigan - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Wigan Thu Nov 06 2014, 11:19

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

For the first time in a long while I am really positive about our chances. Lennon has got them believing in themselves but it won't be easy. Never the less I expect a win and out of the bottom three. 
Onwards and upwards, #COYW

31Bolton 3-1 Wigan - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Wigan Thu Nov 06 2014, 11:20

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Breadman wrote:Cardiff have been poor away from home for a while and the consensus in the Welsh press and on their fans' forums was that they were particularly poor against us last week, so perhaps we shouldn't get too carried away with the result.

That said, were they simply poor or was it Lennon's tactics and the Bolton players' effort and commitment that made them look so bad? I dunno.

Anyroad, a local derby against Wiggin will be a different kettle of Meat & Potato, so I'm expecting a closer game.

2-1 to us.
You can only play what you are up against and we didn't let them play. Simple as that in my humble opinion.

32Bolton 3-1 Wigan - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Wigan Thu Nov 06 2014, 11:27

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

3-0 WIN!!!!!!!

33Bolton 3-1 Wigan - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Wigan Thu Nov 06 2014, 11:50

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

1 all HT, 4 1 FT, I dreamt it!

34Bolton 3-1 Wigan - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Wigan Thu Nov 06 2014, 11:52

you gonna refund my bet if i put that on? Wink

35Bolton 3-1 Wigan - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Wigan Thu Nov 06 2014, 18:09

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

EIEIEIO.

36Bolton 3-1 Wigan - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Wigan Thu Nov 06 2014, 18:16

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Rosler will be sacked if we beat these.

37Bolton 3-1 Wigan - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Wigan Thu Nov 06 2014, 18:21

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i hope so, and then they get Freedman Laughing

38Bolton 3-1 Wigan - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Wigan Thu Nov 06 2014, 20:25

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Preview: Bolton v Wigan

SETTING THE SCENE 

With Neil Lennon boasting a 100% record at Macron Stadium during his brief tenure in the BL6 hotseat so far, Wanderers will be hopeful of continuing that run as they host Wigan Athletic on Friday night.

The Latics have struggled on their travels so far this season, winning just once, while they saw a six-game unbeaten run ended in their last match against Brighton & Hove Albion.

However, while Uwe Rosler’s side may have remained undefeated throughout October, they drew all but one of their matches and have won just once since August, leaving Bolton full of confidence heading into the fixture, knowing victory would see them leapfrog their local rivals.

TEAM NEWS

Darren Pratley is suspended after picking up his fifth booking of the season on Tuesday, but Joe Mason and Kevin McNaughton both return to the squad after being ineligible to face parent club Cardiff City.

Mark Davies (blurred vision) and Jay Spearing (hamstring) will both be assessed in training but it is expected that both should be available.

David Wheater (back) and Adam Bogdan (finger) are both closing in on first team returns, but Friday night will come too soon for the duo.

Marc Tierney (leg) remains a long-term absentee.

LAST WIGAN XI (v Brighton & Hove Albion, L 1-0)
Carson, Tavernier, Perch, Kiernan, Figueroa, Maloney, Espinoza, Cowie (Riera 75), Forshaw (McCann 84), McClean (McManaman 68), Waghorn.

ONE TO WATCH

A familiar face to Bolton Wanderers manager Neil Lennon, Wigan Athletic will be hoping to keep playmaker Shaun Maloney fit as they look to climb the Championship league table.

Starting his career with Celtic, the Scotland international won the Scottish Premier League five times with the Hoops before signing for Aston Villa in January 2007.

Returning to Glasgow 18 months later, Maloney’s second stint with Celtic was not as successful and he left the club again to join Wigan in August 2011, setting up the goal that won them the FA Cup two years later.

LAST TIME THEY WERE HERE

(Bolton 1-1 Wigan Athletic, 29 March 2014 )
Adam Bogdan saved a last-minute penalty to deny Wigan from snatching a late victory from the claws of defeat on their last visit to Macron Stadium.

On-loan forward Lukas Jutkiewicz had given Wanderers the lead, firing home from Rob Hall’s free-kick, but with former White Ali Al-Habsi denying Bolton on numerous occasions, they were unable to find a match-clinching second goal.

The Latics equalised with two minutes left on the clock through Nick Powell after the Manchester United loanee converted Martyn Waghorn’s cutback, before Alex Baptiste brought down Callum McManaman in the area.

However, Jordi Gomez was unable to beat Bogdan from the spot as the Trotters held on for a share of the points.

PRESS CONFERENCE

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

39Bolton 3-1 Wigan - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Wigan Thu Nov 06 2014, 21:09

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I see Pratts is suspended ..... be interesting to see what Neil does about that.  Probably Trotter in I would think.

40Bolton 3-1 Wigan - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Wigan Thu Nov 06 2014, 21:26

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I'd like to see him go 2 upfront for this - Davies and Mason leading the line.

However the 1 up front worked wonders on Tuesday so it maybe unwise to change things.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum