Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The rise and rise of UKIP...

+19
Boggersbelief
Sluffy
luckyPeterpiper
mark leach
White84
wanderlust
Norpig
Soul Kitchen
karlypants
bwfc71
Hipster_Nebula
okocha
rammywhite
xmiles
Natasha Whittam
scottjames30
wessy
boltonbonce
Reebok Trotter
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down  Message [Page 19 of 20]

361The rise and rise of UKIP... - Page 19 Empty Re: The rise and rise of UKIP... Thu Feb 12 2015, 12:52

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
It was always an impossible job to come up with a manifesto because there is only one issue UKIP voters can agree on. That's all they've got.  

People can go a long way on one idea.

362The rise and rise of UKIP... - Page 19 Empty Re: The rise and rise of UKIP... Thu Feb 12 2015, 14:14

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
It was always an impossible job to come up with a manifesto because there is only one issue UKIP voters can agree on. That's all they've got.  

People can go a long way on one idea.

Obscurity beckons...

363The rise and rise of UKIP... - Page 19 Empty Re: The rise and rise of UKIP... Thu Feb 12 2015, 14:17

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:

Obscurity beckons...

I don't think it does, I reckon UKIP will do well at the election - unfortunately I think it will help Labour get back in though.

364The rise and rise of UKIP... - Page 19 Empty Re: The rise and rise of UKIP... Thu Feb 12 2015, 16:20

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It all depends on the public perception of what the government is doing with the hot button topics and mainly media driven honestly - immigration, benefits and Europe. All the other serious topics like education, health, economy, public services UKIP are a non factor. 

If the next Government is able to turn the immigration etc debate around UKIP will sink like a stone.

365The rise and rise of UKIP... - Page 19 Empty Re: The rise and rise of UKIP... Thu Feb 12 2015, 16:51

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Farage is a twat but he is a character and has personality (albeit obnoxiously smarmy) unlike Milliband and the PM, so it may take longer than expected for UKIP to die.

366The rise and rise of UKIP... - Page 19 Empty Re: The rise and rise of UKIP... Thu Feb 12 2015, 18:54

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Farage after the election.

The rise and rise of UKIP... - Page 19 Coming-out-of-wrec_1630933i

367The rise and rise of UKIP... - Page 19 Empty Re: The rise and rise of UKIP... Thu Feb 12 2015, 18:55

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That's just sick and a new low for Hipster.

I trust a ban will be issued.

368The rise and rise of UKIP... - Page 19 Empty Re: The rise and rise of UKIP... Thu Feb 12 2015, 19:50

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

wanderlust wrote:Farage is a twat but he is a character and has personality (albeit obnoxiously smarmy) unlike Milliband and the PM, so it may take longer than expected for UKIP to die.
Surely you're not implying that Cameron is anything less than obnoxious and smarmy!

369The rise and rise of UKIP... - Page 19 Empty Re: The rise and rise of UKIP... Mon Feb 23 2015, 09:15

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Did anyone watch the programme last night, 'meet the ukippers'?

I can't understand quite why the UKIP hierarchy thought this would be a good idea. It focussed on a place called Thanet in Kent where they followed various councillors and the roles they carry out within UKIP.

I appreciate you can't tar everyone who is a member of UKIP with the same brush but if these lot represent the majority then we would have a real problem if they got voted in.
Aside from the obvious and blatant racism displayed by certain individuals - one woman claiming that although she isn't racist she has a real problem with negroes and their faces, they are very inexperienced and bordering on incompetent. 

This programme will have made up the minds of many voters I'm sure. After watching it myself I wouldn't dream of voting for them and made the very idea of them having any power whatsoever quite ridiculous.

370The rise and rise of UKIP... - Page 19 Empty Re: The rise and rise of UKIP... Mon Feb 23 2015, 10:05

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Farage is a twat but he is a character and has personality (albeit obnoxiously smarmy) unlike Milliband and the PM, so it may take longer than expected for UKIP to die.
Surely you're not implying that Cameron is anything less than obnoxious and smarmy!

Correct. I'm not implying that.
I am stating that Farage "is a character and has personality".

Anyone watch "UKIP: The first 100 days"? Hilarious.

371The rise and rise of UKIP... - Page 19 Empty Re: The rise and rise of UKIP... Mon Feb 23 2015, 10:22

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A lot of people share these views that's the thing. UKIP are soaring in the polls for a minor party for a reason. They're just left enough to be ok to vote for without feeling like a bigot. Their EU policy a bit of a mask for the undercurrent that attracts a lot of their votes.

372The rise and rise of UKIP... - Page 19 Empty Re: The rise and rise of UKIP... Mon Feb 23 2015, 10:33

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:A lot of people share these views that's the thing. UKIP are soaring in the polls for a minor party for a reason. They're just left enough to be ok to vote for without feeling like a bigot. Their EU policy a bit of a mask for the undercurrent that attracts a lot of their votes.

That's true, but this is akin to judging the best "turned out" horse before the Grand National.. It may have the shiniest tack and the glossiest coat but it doesn't mean it has the speed, strength, talent and stamina to win the race.

Because UKIP voters limit the criteria on which they are voting it hides the massive cracks in their ranks.

Soon as the debate moves on to education, social spending and healthcare UKIP will fracture like an egg as there are widely varying opinions on the core issues.

UKIP voters are blindly assuming that if they stamp their little feet about Europe and foreigners, everything else - the economy, health, education etc will magically sort itself out.

They'd wouldn't last a month in Government before the country was bankrupt, riots took over the streets and the meltdown had become inevitable.

373The rise and rise of UKIP... - Page 19 Empty Re: The rise and rise of UKIP... Mon Feb 23 2015, 10:35

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fracture in your mind maybe lusty. Sadly the lack of genuine policy is irrelevant to their core support.

374The rise and rise of UKIP... - Page 19 Empty Re: The rise and rise of UKIP... Mon Feb 23 2015, 12:19

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Fracture in your mind maybe lusty. Sadly the lack of genuine policy is irrelevant to their core support.

Did you see the mockumentary "UKIP: The first hundred days"?
It's still available "on demand" Channel 4 if you have the facility.

I suspect you'd love it.
Apparently Channel 4 received 4900 complaints which is unsurprising as it definitely touched a raw nerve amongst the UKIP faithful.

Great acting BTW, especially from the lady who played the "token brown face"...

375The rise and rise of UKIP... - Page 19 Empty Re: The rise and rise of UKIP... Mon Feb 23 2015, 12:32

I missed it but did see the review of it on Gogglebox (don't judge me, it's Friday night "brain off" telly.)

What concerned me was the fact that Scarlett (the kid who lives in Co Durham with her parents and looks how I'd imagine Cheryl Tweedy would if someone shoved a high power air line up her pumper and turned it on) appeared to think it was a documentary.

No amount of her Dad telling her it was a "mockumentary" and wasn't an accurate depiction of real events, given that the election won't even happen until May could wipe the puzzled expression off her face.

She kept saying "So UKIP won, did they?"

No Scarlett, I've told you.....it's not real.

"But that's him, that Farage fella....outside Downing Street. Is he PM now?"

No Scarlett.......it's not real.

"But.....but.....he's there....on the telly........."

Scarlett....FFS!

And she gets to vote come May...........

376The rise and rise of UKIP... - Page 19 Empty Re: The rise and rise of UKIP... Mon Feb 23 2015, 15:24

Another day another tit - 

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/politician-expelled-from-ukip-for-negro-comments-hits-back-at-her-critics-by-saying-she-once-visited-the-caribbean-and-found-it-okay-10064359.html

How many UKIP politicians have been expelled now? Shouldn't be too long until Nige is last UKIPPER standing and we're all waiting for him to slip up.

377The rise and rise of UKIP... - Page 19 Empty Re: The rise and rise of UKIP... Mon Feb 23 2015, 15:57

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It may be the case that UKIP has broad based appeal but as soon as they actually open their mouths they fall out with each other.

It seems that the thing they all have in common is......nothing.

It's just a matter of time before expulsions match recruitment.

378The rise and rise of UKIP... - Page 19 Empty Re: The rise and rise of UKIP... Mon Feb 23 2015, 15:58

wanderlust wrote:It may be the case that UKIP has broad based appeal but as soon as they actually open their mouths they fall out with each other.

That sounds like us on here........

379The rise and rise of UKIP... - Page 19 Empty Re: The rise and rise of UKIP... Mon Feb 23 2015, 16:13

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:
wanderlust wrote:It may be the case that UKIP has broad based appeal but as soon as they actually open their mouths they fall out with each other.

That sounds like us on here........

Dunno - we both seem to have no shame whatosever when it comes to shit jokes.

Plus everyone on here has over-developed masochistic tendencies....

380The rise and rise of UKIP... - Page 19 Empty Re: The rise and rise of UKIP... Mon Feb 23 2015, 16:22

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:

Plus everyone on here has over-developed masochistic tendencies....
That's an open invitation!
Can I post the Sammy Davis tribute Bread? Can I? Can I? Go on,you can blame Lusty.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 19 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum