Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Latest shit from the ST

+17
Leeds_Trotter
Fabians Right Peg
Kane57
Cajunboy
terenceanne
Chairmanda
boltonbonce
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
rammywhite
gloswhite
Bwfc1958
Boggersbelief
Norpig
finlaymcdanger
Bollotom2014
Sluffy
21 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

1Latest shit from the ST Empty Latest shit from the ST Mon Feb 08 2016, 23:32

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

And people think I have an agenda!

Headlines -

They want to take over the club (we already know that) but if you are not for the them (the ST) you can go and fuck yourselves as they won't work with you if you want too save the club too (even if you were a billionaire)! So much for what might be best for the clubs interests then!

Also the main National body (the Supporters Direct) say elections should only be held about THREE MONTHS after membership fees have been collected - our beloved ST they know better and plan to ignore that and do the elections THEIR WAY!

What was that about being open, honest, democratic and transparent!?

Oh and they still haven't opened a bank account yet!!!

No hidden agenda and working to somebody else's timeframe there at all then!

On whose authority is the Steering Group taking these decisions - isn't the Steering Group's only reason for being to establish a DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED Supporters Trust who then can decide on the next steps - nothing else?

These muppets certainly don't represent what I understand to be the actions of people working openly and transparently simply to set up an ST as per the mandate given to them.  

IT STINKS!

Dear all,

We are progressing well with setting up the Trust and investigating how the Trust could take part in a community-led takeover of the club.

At our last Steering Group meeting we had an update on what is happening with the bank account. Frustratingly this isn’t simply a case of walking into a bank and getting one. We’ve had to fill out forms, speak to bank managers and wait. Most of all wait.

We are actively engaged in opening a bank account for the Trust and have submitted 2 applications with 2 banks to open a Community Bank Account and whichever bank completes the paperwork first, we will be going with. Sadly the delay in setting up an account such as this is due to the checks which need to be undertaken by the banks themselves. We are currently calling both banks daily to check on the progress of our application and once we have the account set up we will be able to collect membership fees for the Trust.

We also discussed the elections to the board of the Trust. We have been advised by Supporters Direct that this could take 3 months from membership fees being collected. The Steering Group do not want this process to take that long. Consequently we are now setting up a dedicated working group to investigate how we can reduce this timescale and to ensure that the elections are fully democratic and accessible to all members.

We hope that whilst we are waiting for the bank account to be set up, we can make significant headway in preparing for the elections so that we can announce news of both in as quick succession as possible.

As with all elections there will be a timetable for nominations, sharing the details of the candidates and then the elections – so when we have those details we will share them.

In regards to the takeover of the club. We are still awaiting news on the preferred bid status from the club, but we are still in constant dialogue with them.

We have also continued speaking to a number of local institutions and businesses who have expressed an interest in our Community-led takeover offer. When speaking to all of these potential partners, we have made it abundantly clear that this is a scheme to bring BWFC back into the heart of the Bolton community. We will not be working with anyone who is not committed to this fundamental aim.

We appreciate that people will want to know who we are speaking to, but due to commercial sensitivities and confidentiality at this stage we are unable to list who they are. However, again we reiterate that we will not be working with anyone who does not support and is willing to sign up to the aims of the Trust.

The lack of a credible takeover from the numerous other parties who have expressed an interest in our club has driven us to prepare this offer, albeit far sooner than any of us had envisaged. We are deeply concerned that time is running out and we do not want to see our Club stripped of its prized assets, including the stadium and hotel, and our best young players if the worst were to happen if the winding up petition was to be enforced later this month.

We believe that we can offer an alternative for the Club which is focused on the community. Working together with like-minded institutions, business and individuals we can put our club back at the heart of our community.

Thank you again for your patience whilst we continue to get everything set up, and once we have any further news we will let you know.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Latest shit from the ST Empty Re: Latest shit from the ST Mon Feb 08 2016, 23:44

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Even Iles is learning now not to think they are the best thing since (Warburtons) sliced bread and chosen for the first time not to be openly grovelling and sycophantic about them!

THE Bolton Wanderers Supporters Trust say they are making progress in their attempts to launch a community-led takeover of the club – but that they are being delayed by red tape.

After making representations to owner Eddie Davies the trust is waiting to hear if it will receive preferred bidder status, based on a number of high net worth individuals and businesses that have expressed an interest in funding them.

Setting up an established hierarchy has proved difficult, however, and their attempts have been slowed by paperwork, in particular that which will allow them to create a community bank account to enable the process of membership fees.

The topic of elections has also caused some concern, with the trust now launching a separate steering group to ensure they are set up as quickly as possible.

Concern has been raised from a section of supporters over exactly how the takeover will be funded, and which individuals will be involved.

But in a statement released today, the trust insisted they would not work with anyone who did not “support its aims”.

“We are still awaiting news on the preferred bid status from the club, but we are still in constant dialogue with them,” it said.

“We have also continued speaking to a number of local institutions and businesses who have expressed an interest in our community-led takeover offer. When speaking to all of these potential partners, we have made it abundantly clear that this is a scheme to bring BWFC back into the heart of the Bolton community. We will not be working with anyone who is not committed to this fundamental aim.

“We appreciate that people will want to know who we are speaking to, but due to commercial sensitivities and confidentiality at this stage we are unable to list who they are. However, again we reiterate that we will not be working with anyone who does not support and is willing to sign up to the aims of the Trust.

“The lack of a credible takeover from the numerous other parties who have expressed an interest in our club has driven us to prepare this offer, albeit far sooner than any of us had envisaged. We are deeply concerned that time is running out and we do not want to see our club stripped of its prized assets, including the stadium, hotel and our best young players if the worst were to happen if the winding up petition was to be enforced later this month.

“We believe that we can offer an alternative for the club which is focused on the community. Working together with like-minded institutions, business and individuals we can put our club back at the heart of our community.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

3Latest shit from the ST Empty Re: Latest shit from the ST Tue Feb 09 2016, 00:16

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Setting up the accounts and collecting monies before the election? This must cost money, so who is funding it. Or is it a loan and once the subs are in they'll be used to offset the expenses already in place? They seem to now be ignoring the SD so an obvious agenda that we've all been posting about. This stinks so much and surely the happy people can begin to see why so many of us are suspicious. Once Feb 22nd is over perhaps things will become clearer.

4Latest shit from the ST Empty Re: Latest shit from the ST Tue Feb 09 2016, 01:49

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

It is a long time since I was involved in setting up community bank accounts so things may have changed but it used to be that you held an initial AGM and appointed a Chair and Treasurer THEN having actually elected people to those positions you were then able to acquire bank accounts as by then both the community (and more importantly) the bank KNEW who had responsibility for the money.

I can't see how any bank these days could open a bank account without having ALL the details of the responsible people authorised to act for the ST.  Just to change anything at a bank these days always require you to provide proof of identity - so how they could open a bank account in the name of a yet to be elected ST and a non elected Treasurer seems an impossibility to me - I can only guess they are somehow trying to establish some sort of holding account to be able to have money paid into it but can only become active once democratic elections have been held, a Treasurer appointed and all his or her details supplied to and verified by the bank.

Going off on a tangent slightly, the ST talked about possibly following the Hearts football club ST model.  On having a little nosey as to what this was about basically some rich woman bought the club and committed to fund it for a couple of years (5 I think it was) with the deal being the ST raised something like £5 million to pay this money back and then take on ownership (and day to day funding) of the club from then on.

If people think the ST is only after £10 per year from you then dream on - I think the idea will be to seek several hundred plus people putting in a couple of grand (I think Portsmouth do something similar already) on an ongoing yearly basis.

Interestingly both Portsmouth and Hearts - which I think are the biggest two clubs who have gone down the ST route were both handed Preferred Bidder status by the same person who happened to be in charge of both the respective clubs at the time - non other than a Mr Trevor Birch!

What a coincidence eh!?

No Trevor Birch, no ST - Trevor Birch shows up - and the ST appears by magic (within literally a few weeks) and seeks Preferred Bidder status!

Talk about coincidences?

5Latest shit from the ST Empty Re: Latest shit from the ST Tue Feb 09 2016, 04:13

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'm not making light of all this but this just made me laugh out loud. I almost choked on my Lemsip.

'At our last Steering Group meeting we had an update on what is happening with the bank account. Frustratingly this isn’t simply a case of walking into a bank and getting one. We’ve had to fill out forms, speak to bank managers and wait. Most of all wait.'

WTF? WTF?

6Latest shit from the ST Empty Re: Latest shit from the ST Tue Feb 09 2016, 08:42

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i think people need to lay off the conspiracy theories on here about the ST, its all getting a bit much in my opinion.

7Latest shit from the ST Empty Re: Latest shit from the ST Tue Feb 09 2016, 08:50

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:i think people need to lay off the conspiracy theories on here about the ST, its all getting a bit much in my opinion.

For once I agree with you. It's highly unlikely their so called bid will be successful anyway.

8Latest shit from the ST Empty Re: Latest shit from the ST Tue Feb 09 2016, 09:19

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Personally, I think concerns should be voiced as much as possible until answers are forthcoming. 

I've said many times that a voice for the fans at boardroom level would be a good thing. Trying to buy the club however, would not. 

It just all seems a bit amateur to me. Adding to the bit that fin had highlighted above, they say they've applied to two banks for an account and will go with whoever gets back to them first. How about going with the one that has the best benefits / rates of interest etc and the one that would be the best option for looking after the money they expect supporters to put in. 

You can call sluffy a conspiracy theorist all you like but some of the points being made are valid ones imo and should be followed up. It doesn't matter if you think the bid will be successful or not. These people want to take peoples cash and those people deserve to know what their money will be going towards.

A good idea for them would be to poll their members on whether they actually want the trust to persue ownership of the club or not. Maybe they don't want to because they don't want to know. If the majority say no then they'll look like power hungry arseholes if they press ahead anyway and they don't want anything getting in the way of their own agenda.

9Latest shit from the ST Empty Re: Latest shit from the ST Tue Feb 09 2016, 09:42

Boggersbelief wrote:
Norpig wrote:i think people need to lay off the conspiracy theories on here about the ST, its all getting a bit much in my opinion.

For once I agree with you. It's highly unlikely their so called bid will be successful anyway.

Eddie Davies will sell to this lot.

That's why he set the damn thing up in the first place - it's blindingly obvious.

And we'll probably never find out who's really in charge of the ST and pulling the strings because that's how they want it.

Forget transparency and democratic process, this lot couldn't even spell it.

The elections (when they do eventually take place) will be a sham but it'll be too late by that point.

The damage will well and truly have been already done.

10Latest shit from the ST Empty Re: Latest shit from the ST Tue Feb 09 2016, 10:05

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I agree its a very amateurish way of going about things, and to be honest, I can't see it working if they do get preferred bidder.
My question is: what will happen if they don't get it right, and it all crashes down around their ears? What happens to the club ?

11Latest shit from the ST Empty Re: Latest shit from the ST Tue Feb 09 2016, 11:03

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:

first time for everything Boggers  cheers

12Latest shit from the ST Empty Re: Latest shit from the ST Tue Feb 09 2016, 11:15

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

All this sounds a bit like North Korea.
I don't know why all of you being sensible gentlemen are getting so exercised about it. Lets be clear- the ST  are a bunch of well meaning amateurs who are deluding themselves and everyone else.
They will not get control of the club- not now ,not ever.
The best they will ever achieve is  a person with listening rights at some parts of Board meetings- not the right to attend all meetings and no right to vote
Let them play their games  - don't get so worked up about it

Last edited by rammywhite on Tue Feb 09 2016, 11:25; edited 1 time in total

13Latest shit from the ST Empty Re: Latest shit from the ST Tue Feb 09 2016, 11:19

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

have you told your mate on the steering group that Rammy?  Very Happy

14Latest shit from the ST Empty Re: Latest shit from the ST Tue Feb 09 2016, 11:24

rammywhite wrote:All this sounds a bit like North Korea.
I don't know why all of you being sensible gentlemen as getting so exercised about it. Lets be clear- the ST  are a bunch of well meaning amateurs who are deluding themselves and everyone else.
The best they will ever achieve is  a person with listening rights at some parts of Board meetings- not the right to attend all meetings and no right to vote

Well said Rammy

15Latest shit from the ST Empty Re: Latest shit from the ST Tue Feb 09 2016, 11:26

Sluffy wrote:They want to take over the club (we already know that) but if you are not for the them (the ST) you can go and fuck yourselves as they won't work with you if you want too save the club too (even if you were a billionaire)!  So much for what might be best for the clubs interests then!

When speaking to all of these potential partners, we have made it abundantly clear that this is a scheme to bring BWFC back into the heart of the Bolton community. We will not be working with anyone who is not committed to this fundamental aim.

Funny how differently we interpret the same thing isn't it, seems reasonable to me that if they're running a 'community led project' then any potential partner is on board with that.

16Latest shit from the ST Empty Re: Latest shit from the ST Tue Feb 09 2016, 11:27

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:have you told your mate on the steering group that Rammy?  Very Happy

Yeah-I have  but he's like many of us that will do whatever we can, within reason, to save the club from ignominy.
But the ST is not the solution.

17Latest shit from the ST Empty Re: Latest shit from the ST Tue Feb 09 2016, 11:43

rammywhite wrote:All this sounds a bit like North Korea.
I don't know why all of you being sensible gentlemen as getting so exercised about it. Lets be clear- the ST  are a bunch of well meaning amateurs who are deluding themselves and everyone else.

I hope you're right, Rammy, I really do.

But I can't get past the fact that the club appears to be falling over itself to assist with getting the Truss up and running and that, allied to ED's constant stalling tactics and goal-post moving, leads me to firmly believe that he's behind the whole thing.

Why would he do it?

Possibly to transfer ownership of the club to someone he knows and trusts, rather than a bunch of relative strangers?

We've no idea who these 30 local businesses / institutions are and the ST ain't for saying, that's clear.

Perhaps he's got designs on retaining control and this is the way to do it on the QT?

He's never going to be able to sell to anybody serious without wiping the debt, is he?

So he's got to dangle that carrot in the public consciousness and say all the right things, meanwhile he's flogging off assets left right and centre to pay the bills and get back at least some of the money he's leant the club - better than nowt, afterall.

And then when he's ready, he hands to club over to the fans - Cue much flag waving and talk of statues again, what a great bloke Eddie is !!!

Let's not worry about the fact that we're in League 2 and we're skint, we own the club!

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced this was the exit strategy all along:

Create a Fans Trust that looks kosher but isn't, flog what you can before HMRC get their hands on what's left and then walk away knowing that when it all goes tits up, you're in the clear because you did what the fans wanted and gave them the club.

So when they're stuck in League 2 (which is where we'd have ended up anyway, sale or not, after he decided to stop paying the bills) nobody can point the finger at you.

18Latest shit from the ST Empty Re: Latest shit from the ST Tue Feb 09 2016, 12:20

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's part of what makes forums fun. 

And even if the conspiracies are overblown there's no doubt this ST is not the utopian dreamworld some fans believe it will be and the people involved are using that passionate naivety to their advantage.

19Latest shit from the ST Empty Re: Latest shit from the ST Tue Feb 09 2016, 12:22

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

bwfc1874 wrote:
Sluffy wrote:They want to take over the club (we already know that) but if you are not for the them (the ST) you can go and fuck yourselves as they won't work with you if you want too save the club too (even if you were a billionaire)!  So much for what might be best for the clubs interests then!

When speaking to all of these potential partners, we have made it abundantly clear that this is a scheme to bring BWFC back into the heart of the Bolton community. We will not be working with anyone who is not committed to this fundamental aim.

Funny how differently we interpret the same thing isn't it, seems reasonable to me that if they're running a 'community led project' then any potential partner is on board with that.

A football club (or at least as we want them to be) isn't a 'community led project' though.

Football supporters themselves are a minority in their own community for a start! The population of Bolton Metro (the club is situated in Horwich remember) is roughly 260,000 - less than 10% than that bother to actually support the club during its best days.

No community led ventures will take on financial risk - their constitutions prohibit them - so say good bye to any player transfer costing more than say £50,000, they aren't going to happen. Similarly players wages will be limited to what the club can afford on people coming through the turnstiles, so expect them to be at best £150,000 per year, so we aren't going to ever be able to keep any decent player for more than a season until he is snapped up from us from a non 'community led club' like a Wigan or a Burnley because they can invest in their team at a risk to their owners bank accounts whilst we simply are not allowed to do.

If people want us to be a bottom feeder club - possibly even going part time and entering the conference league and lower - then congratulations as this is what a 'community led project' will take us.

If you do want one of them, then there are plenty about all ready - go and follow your local one like Atherton Collieries, Daisy Hill FC, Bromley Cross, Tempest United or go glory hunting at even bigger clubs like Chorley or Leigh Genesis because these are the type of clubs with severely limited financial ambitions and aspirations that BWFC will become.

Professional football is all about risk taking, to dream the dream, to fantasy what might be and try make it reality - not to stay and remain playing on the local park for the rest of our lives.

It's great to proclaim Bwfc until I die but how many of us will actually be bothered to go out and spend our money watching them play the likes of Bury and Rochdale week in and week out!?

Not many - I guarantee you that.

20Latest shit from the ST Empty Re: Latest shit from the ST Tue Feb 09 2016, 12:24

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:or go glory hunting at even bigger clubs like Chorley

I can't believe a Bolton fan is calling me a "glory hunter" for supporting Chorley!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum