Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Latest shit from the ST

+17
Leeds_Trotter
Fabians Right Peg
Kane57
Cajunboy
terenceanne
Chairmanda
boltonbonce
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
rammywhite
gloswhite
Bwfc1958
Boggersbelief
Norpig
finlaymcdanger
Bollotom2014
Sluffy
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

81Latest shit from the ST - Page 5 Empty Re: Latest shit from the ST Mon Apr 04 2016, 00:53

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Breadman wrote:Do you still get player bios in them?

I remember Dave Sutton saying he drove a Sierra 2.0 and his favourite restaurant was Tiggi's.

Is Tiggi's still there?

82Latest shit from the ST - Page 5 Empty Re: Latest shit from the ST Mon Apr 04 2016, 08:40

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

long gone now Fin, like all the restaurants in the centre

83Latest shit from the ST - Page 5 Empty Re: Latest shit from the ST Sun Apr 10 2016, 12:52

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

The Supporters Trust seemed to have put in some sort of vote of no confidence in Holdsworth ownership of the club and an opportunity to do some recruiting for themselves by posting this LITERALLY on the final whistle of the match that relegated us -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Even their biggest fans such as Iles and Chris Manning couldn't believe what they did!!!

Iles - Jesus H... don't waste any time.

Manning - great timing lads

Comments on twitter and another forum include -

fuck off u parasite twats

Wankers

Gotta say, life is all about timing... This ain't the best...

Awful opportunist timing!!

They wrote that quick!

Absolute simpletons. Whoever does your PR is a complete weapon.

poor judgement and timing I think there.

another classic example of awesome PR, no wonder so few people have joined up.

And to cap it all, just as the final whistle blows, the Supporters Trust decide to tweet a pre-written piece about how they're going to lead us back to the Championship. Awful timing and smacking of opportunism, kicking supporters whilst they're down.

How to build bridges with the clubs new owners and "earn their respect" eh!

84Latest shit from the ST - Page 5 Empty Re: Latest shit from the ST Sun Apr 10 2016, 13:21

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:The Supporters Trust seemed to have put in some sort of vote of no confidence in Holdsworth ownership of the club

I don't read it that way.

Although it's typical PR bollocks, I don't think anyone can argue with its sentiment.

85Latest shit from the ST - Page 5 Empty Re: Latest shit from the ST Sun Apr 10 2016, 13:48

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Sluffy wrote:The Supporters Trust seemed to have put in some sort of vote of no confidence in Holdsworth ownership of the club

Although it's typical PR bollocks, I don't think anyone can argue with its sentiment.

It is this bit that I read as the vote of no confidence in Holdsworth being able to turn the club around without the ST telling them how to do it -

"We are all in this together and we need to pull in the same direction to ensure the decline in fortunes is stopped and then turned around as quickly as possible. With this in mind, the BWFCST will be looking to meet as soon as possible with the club’s owners to commence the dialogue that will be essential in ensuring the future of Bolton Wanderers Football Club".

As for the sentiment I read it as -

Holdsworth is going to fuck up soon and we need as many people as we can and as soon as possible to join the ST so that we can be in a position to look to a future Administrator to be seen as a viable vehicle to buy the club when he does.

Which, if you think about it, sends a contradictory message - do they want to be involved in Holdsworth running the club well, or do they want him to fail and be able to buy the club when he does?

Either way to deliberately prostitute themselves in a blatantly self promotional recruitment drive on the very second we were condemned to relegation seems to me smack of self benefit and opportunism on the back of the clubs misfortune and a vote of no confidence in the new owners being able to put things right themselves.

I think I can safely say with the likes of their most stalwart supporters in Iles and Manning condemning their press release on the blow of the final whistle that relegated us, that I am not alone in viewing the actions of the ST in this instance to be self focused on themselves and preying on people to join them whilst they are emotionally down at the very second relegation was confirmed.

86Latest shit from the ST - Page 5 Empty Re: Latest shit from the ST Sun Apr 10 2016, 13:54

Sluffy wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

It is this bit that I read as the vote of no confidence in Holdsworth being able to turn the club around without the ST telling them how to do it -

"We are all in this together and we need to pull in the same direction to ensure the decline in fortunes is stopped and then turned around as quickly as possible. With this in mind, the BWFCST will be looking to meet as soon as possible with the club’s owners to commence the dialogue that will be essential in ensuring the future of Bolton Wanderers Football Club".

Holdsworth is going to fuck up soon and we need as many people as we can and as soon as possible to join the ST so that we can be in a position to look to a future Administrator to be seen as a viable vehicle to buy the club when he does.

That is reading between the lines of the highest order.

87Latest shit from the ST - Page 5 Empty Re: Latest shit from the ST Sun Apr 10 2016, 14:27

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Barb Dwyer wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

Maybe in your opinion it does but it seems to be fairly clear in mine.

Why else put such a statement out on the final whistle that relegated us?

Obviously a pre-planned and calculated decision.

They EASILY could have posted that at anytime a day or two later allowing the fans sometime to 'grieve' on our relegation - that would have been the normal and sensible thing to do, so why did they do at that precise moment then?

It seems to me at least that they have already decided that Holdsworth can't turn the ship around and they want as many people to join the ST as possible to give them 'weight' in numbers to be seen as a viable future club owner when Holdsworth 'fails', so what better time to publish their press release than at the full time whistle that relegated us, hoping that plenty fans will see it and join them whilst they are highly emotional about things and have not had any time to cool off?

Can you think of any other valid reason why they did it at the final whistle rather than any other time afterwards because I can't.

As I've already said their most staunchest supporters Iles and Manning commented negatively on their timing - so I'm clearly not alone in this.

So that is why I view things how I have stated in my previous post.

88Latest shit from the ST - Page 5 Empty Re: Latest shit from the ST Sun Apr 10 2016, 15:11

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Don't see anything wrong with the statement or to be frank the timing, we all knew we are going down so why should the ST fanny around waiting for a couple of days to put out a statement that essentially says what we would all want to hear, I suspect they would have been criticised by some if they had remained silent.

It seems to be a statement saying that the ST are going to focus on what they should, building a relationship with the owners, championing supporters cause by looking at ticketing and expressing something that we all hope in that we get back to the championship ASAP.

Reading between lines is always a dangerous game.

I do wonder if anyone else had expressed such an opinion yesterday you would have been quite so quick to criticise.

89Latest shit from the ST - Page 5 Empty Re: Latest shit from the ST Sun Apr 10 2016, 15:18

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Barb Dwyer wrote:

I agree. I'm no fan of the ST, but nothing wrong with what they posted in my opinion.

90Latest shit from the ST - Page 5 Empty Re: Latest shit from the ST Sun Apr 10 2016, 15:26

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Fabians Right Peg wrote:Don't see anything wrong with the statement or to be frank the timing, we all knew we are going down so why should the ST fanny around waiting for a couple of days to put out a statement that essentially says what we would all want to hear, I suspect they would have been criticised by some if they had remained silent.

It seems to be a statement saying that the ST are going to focus on what they should, building a relationship with the owners, championing supporters cause by looking at ticketing and expressing something that we all hope in that we get back to the championship ASAP.

Reading between lines is always a dangerous game.

I do wonder if anyone else had expressed such an opinion yesterday you would have been quite so quick to criticise.

Two things in reply -

First - there is yet may I remind you NO ST.  There is only a Steering Group with the sole mandate to organise the first elections for a ST to be constituted - then democratically form an agenda.

Why then even the need for the Steering Group to publish what it did when it did?

Second - if the likes of Iles and Manning - the ST's most vociferous and staunchest supporters are themselves most critical of what they did yesterday, why do you have issue with me being critical also?

91Latest shit from the ST - Page 5 Empty Re: Latest shit from the ST Sun Apr 10 2016, 15:29

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

Isn't that what you've been saying for the last few weeks though? You have more in common with the ST than you think!

92Latest shit from the ST - Page 5 Empty Re: Latest shit from the ST Sun Apr 10 2016, 15:44

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

as a paid up member of the ST i have no issue with the statement but Sluffy is again letting his judgement be clouded by his hatred of certain members of the steering group.

93Latest shit from the ST - Page 5 Empty Re: Latest shit from the ST Sun Apr 10 2016, 15:44

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Isn't that what you've been saying for the last few weeks though? You have more in common with the ST than you think!

I don't disagree.

The thing is though is that the ST hasn't even been created yet, elections held, nor any democratic decisions made yet.

The people on the Steering Committee with only a mandate to set up the initial elections for the ST are acting way beyond their remit and are acting in their own self interest or in those of the past owner (as evidenced by them admitting they sought preferred bidder status - as a rival bid to that of Holdsworth - on the behest of Birch in his capacity of Davies agent).

Clearly nothing much is going to happen to the club between now and the schedule elections in the summer so why are these unelected, non representative members of the Steering Group whose only remit is to set up the elections, doing anything other than that?

How many members from the Steering Group will be looking to stand for election to the ST I wonder!

94Latest shit from the ST - Page 5 Empty Re: Latest shit from the ST Sun Apr 10 2016, 15:50

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:as a paid up member of the ST i have no issue with the statement but Sluffy is again letting his judgement be clouded by his hatred of certain members of the steering group.

Whoa steady on I hate no one, life's to short for that in my opinion.

I guess you must also think Marc Iles and Chris Manning also hate individuals of the ST too because they were amongst the first voices to condemn the statement issued by them on the final whistle yesterday?

Or had you forgotten about that whilst being so quick to condemn me?

Last edited by Sluffy on Sun Apr 10 2016, 15:54; edited 1 time in total

95Latest shit from the ST - Page 5 Empty Re: Latest shit from the ST Sun Apr 10 2016, 15:53

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

as i said i have no issue with the statement and can't see why others jumped on it, we have been going down for months.

You do have an issue with one of the steering group and it may not be hatred but it;s not far off is it Sluffy? And for the record i have said the same to you on quite a few occasions before so don't come across all wounded

96Latest shit from the ST - Page 5 Empty Re: Latest shit from the ST Sun Apr 10 2016, 16:00

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

The issue with ST / steering group has been done to death, there is more of an ST than there was when they asked for preferred bidder status, given there is now a membership and there has been a second public meeting. I have no problem with the Steering group putting out this sort of message, again I believe if they do not speak out they would be criticised. They are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

If you think that even a fully formed ST is going to publish statements that all members agree with then you are living in a dreamland. I really don't think the fact that there is no elected board makes any difference in this.

In relation to why I have an issue with you being critical, firstly I respect your opinion, however Iles and manning are commenting on the timing which is fact, you are interpreting what is being said which is not fact, there is a clear difference.

97Latest shit from the ST - Page 5 Empty Re: Latest shit from the ST Sun Apr 10 2016, 16:07

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy has an unhealthy obsession with the ST/New owners considering that Bolton Wanderers are not in his heart and that he could easily give them up.

98Latest shit from the ST - Page 5 Empty Re: Latest shit from the ST Sun Apr 10 2016, 16:09

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:as i said i have no issue with the statement and can't see why others jumped on it, we have been going down for months.

You do have an issue with one of the steering group and it may not be hatred but it;s not far off is it Sluffy? And for the record i have said the same to you on quite a few occasions before so don't come across all wounded

Jesus mate, the time I begin to hate anyone on the internet is the time I will pack forums in.

Maybe it is because I was about long before the age of social media but I simply could not give a fuck over anything that is said by some bloke on the internet who I don't know, ever met, nor ever likely to meet!

Sticks and stones may very well break my bones but no words on an internet forum have ever hurt me.

FFS it isn't even as though it is that important.

The ST hasn't even been constituted yet, the club is owned by Holdsworth and must be at least financially viable in the short term and the Steering Group (or at least some of them) are clearly in it for their own benefit or why else will they be standing for elections to the ST AND behaving as they have whilst their only mandate was to simply arrange the initial elections.

It's not rocket science really.

99Latest shit from the ST - Page 5 Empty Re: Latest shit from the ST Sun Apr 10 2016, 16:32

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Fabians Right Peg wrote:The issue with ST / steering group has been done to death, there is more of an ST than there was when they asked for preferred bidder status, given there is now a membership and there has been a second public meeting. I have no problem with the Steering group putting out this sort of message, again I believe if they do not speak out they would be criticised. They are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

If you think that even a fully formed ST is going to publish statements that all members agree with then you are living in a dreamland. I really don't think the fact that there is no elected board makes any difference in this.

In relation to why I have an issue with you being critical, firstly I respect your opinion, however Iles and manning are commenting on the timing which is fact, you are interpreting what is being said which is not fact, there is a clear difference.

Well we will clearly have to disagree then.

Until the ST holds its AGM and elects officers it does not exist in law - or at least that is my understanding and I'm fairly certain that of any bank also, which means that no one will have any access to any membership fees paid in so far.

So therefore there being more of 'nothing' of the ST now because people have become paid members and previously they were only pledges and have held another public meeting still amounts to absolutely nothing.  They are unconstitutional still and will be until the elections have been held.

There is also a massive difference in having a group of non elected people make statements on behalf of something they actually have no mandate to represent other prepare for the ST's first elections and having a democratically elected body with an agreed manifesto.

Why bother have elections otherwise?

As for Iles and Manning, even you have got to agree it takes some doing for the ST/Steering Group to piss them off enough to make any negative comment about them - as it being the first by either of them to do so.

100Latest shit from the ST - Page 5 Empty Re: Latest shit from the ST Sun Apr 10 2016, 16:36

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
Norpig wrote:as i said i have no issue with the statement and can't see why others jumped on it, we have been going down for months.

Jesus mate, the time I begin to hate anyone on the internet is the time I will pack forums in.

Maybe it is because I was about long before the age of social media but I simply could not give a fuck over anything that is said by some bloke on the internet who I don't know, ever met, nor ever likely to meet!

Sticks and stones may very well break my bones but no words on an internet forum have ever hurt me.

FFS it isn't even as though it is that important.

The ST hasn't even been constituted yet, the club is owned by Holdsworth and must be at least financially viable in the short term and the Steering Group (or at least some of them) are clearly in it for their own benefit or why else will they be standing for elections to the ST AND behaving as they have whilst their only mandate was to simply arrange the initial elections.

It's not rocket science really.
Sluffy i haven't insulted you in any post and it's common knowledge you have an issue with the fella who tried to link this site to a porn site. 

Not sure what you are getting at to be honest

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum