Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dodgy Dave

+4
karlypants
okocha
Norpig
Fabians Right Peg
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Dodgy Dave Empty Dodgy Dave Sat Apr 09 2016, 10:11

So after 6 years of demonising anybody on benefits as scroungers who are robbing the country, it turns out our PM has profited from his fathers dodgy tax dealings in Panama in effect robbing the rest of us of his taxes. Incidentally he's previously described using those schemes as morally wrong.

Can't say I'm surprised to be honest, this is just one tax haven that's leaked, there's likely far more we don't know about. I'm interested to know if anybody is surprised? It's another example of him outright lying to voters particularly with his claims to want transparency about tax and clamping down on said havens. Does anybody care?

2Dodgy Dave Empty Re: Dodgy Dave Sat Apr 09 2016, 10:19

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Not surprised at all, however if you solely believe it is DC involved then you are kidding yourself. The expenses saga showed that politicians of all sides are equally susceptible to bending if not breaking rules, suspect that will be the next line taken 'I have broken no parliamentary rules', as some one once said absolute power corrupts absolutely, whilst it would seem a modicum of power is enough in most instances.

3Dodgy Dave Empty Re: Dodgy Dave Sat Apr 09 2016, 10:51

i can't think of any front bench Labour MPs who have the wealth to use tax havens, but I take your point.

There's only one party that's funded almost entirely from wealthy donors. A number of which have also been implicated, if anybody wants reform its clear that the Tories don't have the motivation to do it.

4Dodgy Dave Empty Re: Dodgy Dave Sat Apr 09 2016, 11:08

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i'm not surprised at all and the fact it took 6 days for him to finally admit it tells it's own story. I am still surprised that the Tories got in again at the last election, how anyone can think pig fucker and Gideon have a clue about the average man is beyond me

5Dodgy Dave Empty Re: Dodgy Dave Sat Apr 09 2016, 11:54

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Everything about this government is sly, devious, unfair and heartless. Completely out of touch with the people they are meant to serve. I don't trust Cameron one iota. Spin, lies and half-truths are the party's forte. 
The trouble is that they have no effective opposition so think they can do what they like and wait for media storms to die down. For example they still haven't imposed the findings of the Leveson report, and so keep the press largely favourable, though the tide has turned a little recently. Their only real opposition comes from within their own ranks and from online petitions. If Brexit prevails, DC's position as PM may face challenges from Tory dissenters.

Favouring the wealthy whilst being uncaring about the vulnerable, the poor, youth etc will come back to bite him eventually.

6Dodgy Dave Empty Re: Dodgy Dave Sat Apr 09 2016, 12:38

He's been joking about it at a meeting of Tory party activists this morning.

"It's not been the best of weeks" said the loveable scamp.

This was met with much guffawing and general tittering, as his chinless minions lapped up his self-effacing magnificence. 

Horrible, shameless bastard.

7Dodgy Dave Empty Re: Dodgy Dave Sat Apr 09 2016, 12:54

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The sooner those twats are out of power the better!

8Dodgy Dave Empty Re: Dodgy Dave Sat Apr 09 2016, 12:55

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:So after 6 years of demonising anybody on benefits as scroungers who are robbing the country, it turns out our PM has profited from his fathers dodgy tax dealings in Panama in effect robbing the rest of us of his taxes. Incidentally he's previously described using those schemes as morally wrong.

Can't say I'm surprised to be honest, this is just one tax haven that's leaked, there's likely far more we don't know about. I'm interested to know if anybody is surprised? It's another example of him outright lying to voters particularly with his claims to want transparency about tax and clamping down on said havens. Does anybody care?

So if someone said to you "you can legally put your money here to save yourself a bundle of tax" you'd say "no way, I want to pay as much tax as I can".

9Dodgy Dave Empty Re: Dodgy Dave Sat Apr 09 2016, 13:01

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

if you live in this country and care about it then you should pay the tax you have to, however much it is.

10Dodgy Dave Empty Re: Dodgy Dave Sat Apr 09 2016, 13:02

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:if you live in this country and care about it then you should pay the tax you have to, however much it is.

Get real. If someone said to you right now I can save you £400 a month and it's perfectly legal you'd be all over it.

11Dodgy Dave Empty Re: Dodgy Dave Sat Apr 09 2016, 13:05

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

but is it legal or is it some loophole that the rich can afford accountants to find for them? The average man in the street doesn't have money like pig fucker do they?

12Dodgy Dave Empty Re: Dodgy Dave Sat Apr 09 2016, 13:16

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:So after 6 years of demonising anybody on benefits as scroungers who are robbing the country, it turns out our PM has profited from his fathers dodgy tax dealings in Panama in effect robbing the rest of us of his taxes. Incidentally he's previously described using those schemes as morally wrong.

So if someone said to you "you can legally put your money here to save yourself a bundle of tax" you'd say "no way, I want to pay as much tax as I can".

You miss the point. I'm not blaming his father for doing it, but the law should not allow it and the loopholes need closing. 

Dave went to the EU in 2013 and voted against taking measures on such tax havens. Once again his rhetoric and actions are miles apart and he's been caught out again.

Last edited by bwfc1874 on Sat Apr 09 2016, 13:28; edited 1 time in total

13Dodgy Dave Empty Re: Dodgy Dave Sat Apr 09 2016, 13:21

Natasha Whittam wrote:

The problem is (as I suspect you are already well aware), in an attempt to appeal to the common man, ie us, Dodgy Dave has gone on record many times saying that he is committed to holding the sort of people who use these schemes to account in an attempt to stamp out tax avoidance.

And then this comes out.

And the fact that he tried to distance himself from his father's past tax avoidance just before he got the big job tells you that he knows it was dodgy.

And then he mumbled and bumbled his way through the week, subtly changing what he said every day as his position became increasingly more suspect.

So if he's been less than straight about this, what other stuff isn't he telling us?

In the old days, he'd have been forced to walk over something like this but it appears the necky twat is happy to dig his heels in and try and blag it out by doing a mock mea culpa act.

Wanker.

14Dodgy Dave Empty Re: Dodgy Dave Sat Apr 09 2016, 13:45

Latest Tory line I've heard is that Dave didn't reveal the truth sooner because of the pain it was causing in relation to his late father. 

Which is about as cheap a tactic as you can get IMO.

15Dodgy Dave Empty Re: Dodgy Dave Sat Apr 09 2016, 13:46

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Latest Tory line I've heard is that Dave didn't reveal the truth sooner because of the pain it was causing in relation to his late father. 

Which is about as cheap a tactic as you can get IMO.

You'd diss your father to appease the media?

16Dodgy Dave Empty Re: Dodgy Dave Sat Apr 09 2016, 13:50

You miss the point. He's trying to milk sympathy to get out of a sticky situation, pretty low.

Anyway given your views on benefits cheats, what's your stance on this? I'm imagining a similar level of outrage? Has your Cameron blow up doll been deflated?

17Dodgy Dave Empty Re: Dodgy Dave Sat Apr 09 2016, 13:53

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:You miss the point. He's trying to milk sympathy to get out of a sticky situation, pretty low.

Anyway given your views on benefits cheats, what's your stance on this? I'm imagining a similar level of outrage? Has your Cameron blow up doll been deflated?

Perhaps he's just being honest, rather than milking sympathy.

It's illegal to cheat benefits, what Cameron has done is not illegal. So I don't see your point.

18Dodgy Dave Empty Re: Dodgy Dave Sat Apr 09 2016, 14:33

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Honesty and Cameron should never be in the same sentence together. He is the epitome of dishonesty, shady half-truths and evasion (or enforced u-turns due to choices of policy.) 

He and George are heartless, sly manipulators. It's not so much about tax-avoidance as truth-avoidance. I notice the press are unusually united in condemnation.

19Dodgy Dave Empty Re: Dodgy Dave Sat Apr 09 2016, 14:37

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:You miss the point. He's trying to milk sympathy to get out of a sticky situation, pretty low.

Perhaps he's just being honest, rather than milking sympathy.

It's illegal to cheat benefits, what Cameron has done is not illegal. So I don't see your point.

The point is it shouldn't  be legal, you don't care that the super rich are walking all over you, taking all the services taxes pay for but putting nothing back in?

20Dodgy Dave Empty Re: Dodgy Dave Sat Apr 09 2016, 14:39

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

The point is it shouldn't  be legal, you don't care that the super rich are walking all over you, taking all the services taxes pay for but putting nothing back in?

You do realise Cameron can't just pick up the phone and change the law?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum