Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dodgy Dave

+4
karlypants
okocha
Norpig
Fabians Right Peg
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

41Dodgy Dave - Page 3 Empty Re: Dodgy Dave Sun Apr 10 2016, 12:21

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:

it's simply the fact that Tories are perceived as being rich, over-educated toffs that irks the likes of xmiles, okocha and 1874.

Nat, You clearly haven't read what I wrote above (or you failed to take it in) :- the issue is not about DC's wealth and tax avoidance so much as about his character......he is devious, sly, untrustworthy, unethical, hypocritical, callous in most of his dealings and policies, not just this particular one.

DC and straightforward honesty are strangers. He lacks principles. I want someone in charge that can be trusted to do the right thing without having to be prompted or corrected. 
I'm sure you want your staff to follow you out of respect, Nat, by setting a good example.......

42Dodgy Dave - Page 3 Empty Re: Dodgy Dave Sun Apr 10 2016, 12:48

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

But he's paid all the tax due to HMRC, can't be held responsible for his Dad's activities in using a legal  tool to invest. Labour won't be caught out as their paymasters are the unions and some very astute bodies within those unions wouldn't allow it to happen. It's a non-story, as said. If it was up to some posters on here, we'd be ruled by committee, issued a little red book and have to strut up and down Whitehall annually, close all public schools and send the hoi-poloi to the guillotine. Anyway, must dash, my popcorn is ready. Twisted Evil

43Dodgy Dave - Page 3 Empty Re: Dodgy Dave Sun Apr 10 2016, 13:15

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:
Nat, You clearly haven't read what I wrote above (or you failed to take it in) :- the issue is not about DC's wealth and tax avoidance so much as about his character......he is devious, sly, untrustworthy, unethical, hypocritical, callous in most of his dealings and policies, not just this particular one.

DC and straightforward honesty are strangers. He lacks principles. I want someone in charge that can be trusted to do the right thing without having to be prompted or corrected. 
I'm sure you want your staff to follow you out of respect, Nat, by setting a good example.......

I've said many times that all politicians, regardless of the party they represent, are dodgy. The Tories are no different. But this is a total non-story, a minor thing blown up into world war 3 just because it sells newspapers.

But the way you and the other Labour cronies on here talk, you'd have us believe it would be different under a Labour government - as if they are above sleaze and lining their own pockets.

I'd wager a bet Tony Blair is FAR wealthier than David Cameron.

44Dodgy Dave - Page 3 Empty Re: Dodgy Dave Sun Apr 10 2016, 14:38

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

You think Corbyn, Natalie Bennett or Caroline Lucas are unprincipled??!! Not all politicians are tarred with the same brush. Too undemonstrative perhaps to be effective but at least they have a sense of what is decent and civilised. 

The utter rabble in the HOC are a disgrace to democracy and standards .

BTW, I've told you before......I don't vote Labour....and can hardly bring myself to vote for any party at the moment because you are partly and sadly correct!

45Dodgy Dave - Page 3 Empty Re: Dodgy Dave Sun Apr 10 2016, 17:45

Natasha Whittam wrote:
okocha wrote:

I've said many times that all politicians, regardless of the party they represent, are dodgy. The Tories are no different. But this is a total non-story, a minor thing blown up into world war 3 just because it sells newspapers.

But the way you and the other Labour cronies on here talk, you'd have us believe it would be different under a Labour government - as if they are above sleaze and lining their own pockets.

I'd wager a bet Tony Blair is FAR wealthier than David Cameron.

I don't care who's wealthier, the only thing that's important is who will do best for this country and get the money that the ultra rich are avoiding paying. 

I don't see any argument anymore to say the Tories are that party, can you?

46Dodgy Dave - Page 3 Empty Re: Dodgy Dave Sun Apr 10 2016, 20:35

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

I don't care who's wealthier, the only thing that's important is who will do best for this country and get the money that the ultra rich are avoiding paying. 

Apparently there are now less tax loopholes than when Labour were in charge. But of course you don't want to mention that.

47Dodgy Dave - Page 3 Empty Re: Dodgy Dave Sun Apr 10 2016, 20:45

Do you think Corbyn (or even Milliband) has the same politics as Blair? The only way for that argument to be  coherent is if you do.

48Dodgy Dave - Page 3 Empty Re: Dodgy Dave Sun Apr 10 2016, 20:49

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Do you think Corbyn (or even Milliband) has the same politics as Blair? The only way for that argument to be  coherent is if you do.

I don't know, probably not, but they all represent the same party.

I notice your boy Corbyn was quick to say he was prepared to publish his tax returns, but hasn't been quite so forthcoming now the PM has published his.

I wonder why?

49Dodgy Dave - Page 3 Empty Re: Dodgy Dave Sun Apr 10 2016, 22:56

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

Apparently there are now less tax loopholes than when Labour were in charge. But of course you don't want to mention that.

Not sure what evidence you have to support this statement but I can accept that it may be technically correct. Unfortunately there are still plenty of ways for the rich to avoid paying anything like their fair share of tax.

Cameron and Osborne talk a lot about transparency and cracking down on tax evasion but to get an idea of their real priorities just compare the number of people prosecuted for social security fraud and the tiny number prosecuted for tax fraud. And even when they do they only pursue small fry - see https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiB8c6sh4XMAhWEWBQKHVNTBBMQFggzMAI&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.taxresearch.org.uk%2FBlog%2F2015%2F12%2F17%2Fhmrc-dont-prosecute-the-right-people-and-almost-no-one-for-corporate-tax-fraud%2F&usg=AFQjCNGqrST9ozmUSfpb-aU1uKpV07QM_A&sig2=WkDm0-ebCBWKT2_9VmSojA

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum