Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Transfer rumours !

+36
Copper Dragon
rammywhite
Soul Kitchen
Boggersbelief
gloswhite
boltonbonce
BoltonTillIDie
Cajunboy
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
Norpig
Bread2.0
Sluffy
NickFazer
wessy
King Bill
finlaymcdanger
DEANO82
Bolton Nuts
Kane57
xmiles
whatsgoingon
MartinBWFC
Chairmanda
Bollotom2014
Reebok Trotter
wanderlust
Barryjw
scottjames30
Fabians Right Peg
Keegan
luckyPeterpiper
terenceanne
observer
Hipster_Nebula
Bwfc1958
40 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 33 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Go down  Message [Page 16 of 50]

301Transfer rumours ! - Page 16 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Aug 09 2016, 15:17

Of course prem players come down to the third tier.  Game time is game time at the end of the day and whether its the championship, league 1 or 2 its all good experience and game time, particularly for younger ones.  Beckham was loaned to preston in the third tier if memory serves correctly.  Not a bad player to get.  And there have been plenty of others

302Transfer rumours ! - Page 16 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Aug 09 2016, 15:26

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

y2johnny wrote:Of course prem players come down to the third tier.  Game time is game time at the end of the day and whether its the championship, league 1 or 2 its all good experience and game time, particularly for younger ones.  Beckham was loaned to preston in the third tier if memory serves correctly.  Not a bad player to get.  And there have been plenty of others

Current England player Dele Alli was loaned to MK Dons at this level by Spurs just a season and a half ago!

I did think about pointing this out to Lusty when I first read his post but I never know now if he is simply just wumming these days as I question the accuracy or relevance of the vast majority of what he says recently.

Sorry mate, just being honest with you.

303Transfer rumours ! - Page 16 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Aug 09 2016, 15:29

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Plenty of players will be loaned it's a who you know scenario. The Alli example isn't the best one because it made up part of the terms of sale but I'm sure there are many others.

304Transfer rumours ! - Page 16 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Aug 09 2016, 15:31

Alli's not a great example as his loan back to Mk was just part of the transfer agreement.

Lust is spot on that its less common these days since Prem clubs have been cleared to loan to other prem clubs. Given how big squads are in the Championship these days, there are plenty of options from there.

305Transfer rumours ! - Page 16 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Aug 09 2016, 15:32

whatsgoingon wrote:Plenty of players will be loaned it's a who you know scenario. The Alli example isn't the best one because it made up part of the terms of sale but I'm sure there are many others.

Beat me to it! Are trying to oust me as Nuts most knowledgeable poster?

306Transfer rumours ! - Page 16 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Aug 09 2016, 15:33

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
y2johnny wrote:Of course prem players come down to the third tier.  Game time is game time at the end of the day and whether its the championship, league 1 or 2 its all good experience and game time, particularly for younger ones.  Beckham was loaned to preston in the third tier if memory serves correctly.  Not a bad player to get.  And there have been plenty of others

Current England player Dele Alli was loaned to MK Dons at this level by Spurs just a season and a half ago!

I did think about pointing this out to Lusty when I first read his post but I never know now if he is simply just wumming these days as I question the accuracy or relevance of the vast majority of what he says recently.

Sorry mate, just being honest with you.

He has turned into a wum.

307Transfer rumours ! - Page 16 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Aug 09 2016, 15:35

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

It may not be the best example but it is factual!

And I'm sure the sale would still have gone ahead if Spurs did not want to loan him straight back out again - I would have thought Bolton would have loved to have loaned back Holding from Arsenal if the Gunners would have let them!

308Transfer rumours ! - Page 16 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Aug 09 2016, 15:43

Sluffy wrote:It may not be the best example but it is factual!

And I'm sure the sale would still have gone ahead if Spurs did not want to loan him straight back out again - I would have thought Bolton would have loved to have loaned back Holding from Arsenal if the Gunners would have let them!

Yes but I interpreted Lust's point as most Prem clubs prefer to loan to Championship or other Prem clubs. 

The Alli loan back was as much about an extra kicker to the deal for MK - which it proved to be as he got them up! Probably shaved a million or so off the initial fee.

309Transfer rumours ! - Page 16 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Aug 09 2016, 16:38

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whoa! 
I didn't say it wouldn't happen or that it hasn't happened in the past.
I said that "they" (premier league prima donna wunderkids) wouldn't want to.

Perhaps I might have phrased it as "would probably prefer to go to a championship club if they were being told they had to go out on loan" but I got slagged off for being verbose when I used to try to explain potentially ambiguous concepts in depth so I'm not doing it anymore.

I thought it was only Sluffy that throws a wobbly after reading a whole bunch of imaginary stuff into what I've written?

Oh ...hang on....

310Transfer rumours ! - Page 16 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Aug 09 2016, 17:26

wanderlust wrote:Whoa! 
I didn't say it wouldn't happen or that it hasn't happened in the past.
I said that "they" (premier league prima donna wunderkids) wouldn't want to.

Perhaps I might have phrased it as "would probably prefer to go to a championship club if they were being told they had to go out on loan" but I got slagged off for being verbose when I used to try to explain potentially ambiguous concepts in depth so I'm not doing it anymore.

I thought it was only Sluffy that throws a wobbly after reading a whole bunch of imaginary stuff into what I've written?

Oh ...hang on....
Im not throwing a wobbly lusty. I just think clubs want there players to get game time. 

I also think with kens connections that night also do some good. (Or not) Smile

311Transfer rumours ! - Page 16 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Aug 09 2016, 17:47

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Stones 40 mill ....Holding 2 mill.

Is Stones 20 times the player?  Nope .....  if only we could ever transfer somebody for that sort of money we could buy a whole new team.  That's just the way it is I suppose.

312Transfer rumours ! - Page 16 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Aug 10 2016, 00:38

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

terenceanne wrote:Stones 40 mill ....Holding 2 mill.

Is Stones 20 times the player?  Nope .....  if only we could ever transfer somebody for that sort of money we could buy a whole new team.  That's just the way it is I suppose.

Had Holding played for England, or for more than one season in the game, or indeed nearly 100 games in the Premier League then it would be a fair question.

313Transfer rumours ! - Page 16 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Aug 10 2016, 09:02

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

terenceanne wrote:Stones 40 mill ....Holding 2 mill.

We're more in Barnsley's position in this than Everton's, Stones has no doubt come on in leaps and bounds since training and playing with premier League players, Manager and coaches.
The important thing for us is that we've protected ourselves properly like Barnsley who have just received £7.5m and probably received a lot more for appearances and England caps too.

314Transfer rumours ! - Page 16 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Aug 10 2016, 18:16

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

To me it's just another example of Premier League silly money.  The valuation of players is madness. Stones is an ok player and maybe will improve further......47 mill ........ nope.

315Transfer rumours ! - Page 16 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Aug 10 2016, 20:42

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

It's just ridiculous millions more coming into the game and half the prem will still lose money, give them more they'll waste more. The winners here are average players who's income is inflated because of what the top players earn and the agents, in real terms most clubs don't see any benefit from it.

316Transfer rumours ! - Page 16 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Aug 17 2016, 18:41

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Been away for a few days and was hoping I'd come back to some news on the recruitment front, ideally some firepower, but it seems to have gone very quiet with only a couple of weeks left to do business. I do hope everything is going according to plan.

317Transfer rumours ! - Page 16 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Aug 17 2016, 19:14

Evwry transfer so far has been done on the quiet lusty so i wouldnt worry too much.  I think it will be one or 2 loans now to boost our forward lines and then thats that until january

318Transfer rumours ! - Page 16 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Aug 17 2016, 19:21

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

y2johnny wrote:Evwry transfer so far has been done on the quiet lusty so i wouldnt worry too much.  I think it will be one or 2 loans now to boost our forward lines and then thats that until january
That seems to be the plan, but there's been talk of a couple of loans for a while but they haven't materialised yet so I'm wondering if we need to get someone out first.

319Transfer rumours ! - Page 16 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Aug 18 2016, 09:52

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There's another dilemma IMO. Parky likes to play a very compact shape and as a result we don't create millions of chances for a fox in the box type striker. Last night we scored two goals from distance and on one occasion Proctor might have shot when he passed and Wilko did the opposite, but apart from that there wasn't much to feed off. I'm wondering what type of loanee will add value to that system? Will he go for pace and sideline Woolery?
I was thinking that if we can stay solid at the back this season it might be better to give Woolery, Clough and Clayton as much game time as possible instead of drafting in a Premiership ingenu or bringing in Carayol. I'm not sure what a signing would add other than increasing squad size to provide cover.

320Transfer rumours ! - Page 16 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Aug 22 2016, 18:52

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Doesn't look the Carayol deal is happening but Parky is in for a striker and a defender - which is a bit of a surprise as he made it clear he was looking for more width and we have loads of defenders now even with Finney getting shipped out.

I don't understand.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 16 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 33 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum