Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Transfer rumours !

+36
Copper Dragon
rammywhite
Soul Kitchen
Boggersbelief
gloswhite
boltonbonce
BoltonTillIDie
Cajunboy
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
Norpig
Bread2.0
Sluffy
NickFazer
wessy
King Bill
finlaymcdanger
DEANO82
Bolton Nuts
Kane57
xmiles
whatsgoingon
MartinBWFC
Chairmanda
Bollotom2014
Reebok Trotter
wanderlust
Barryjw
scottjames30
Fabians Right Peg
Keegan
luckyPeterpiper
terenceanne
observer
Hipster_Nebula
Bwfc1958
40 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 26 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 50]

41Transfer rumours ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Jun 15 2016, 17:25

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
whatsgoingon wrote:We don't have a natural winger in the squad other than Walker, and from the reports on PP that I've read he is very much a 4-4-2 man so that is certainly an area he will need to strengthen.
At a push Woolery and Clayton could play as wide men but realistically that would be more as part of a front 3 rather than out and out wingers.
Maybe my brains are minced after all the comings and goings but I seem to have it in my head that Woolery's contract won't be renewed. Sure I read that somewhere at the end of the season.....

Woolerys contract was extended by a year

42Transfer rumours ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Jun 16 2016, 10:57

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Carlton Cole back on the radar... Released by Celtic.

43Transfer rumours ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Jun 16 2016, 12:05

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Oxford United have supposedly made a six figure bid for Gary Madine. Surely we aren't that lucky?

44Transfer rumours ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Jun 16 2016, 12:16

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Boggersbelief wrote:Oxford United have supposedly made a six figure bid for Gary Madine. Surely we aren't that lucky?
$1000.00   six figures... one bad striker (in so many ways)... and we would be lucky to get that.  Do they want Mavies as well?  Seven figures for that one!!!

45Transfer rumours ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Jun 16 2016, 12:55

Boggersbelief wrote:Oxford United have supposedly made a six figure bid for Gary Madine. Surely we aren't that lucky?

5 broken Action Men and a Barbie with one leg and no hair?

46Transfer rumours ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Jun 16 2016, 13:03

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Carlton Cole back on the radar... Released by Celtic.

We just got rid of one donkey in Heskey we don't need another one.

47Transfer rumours ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Jun 16 2016, 13:33

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
Breadman wrote:Mr Pig was instrumental in starting the Leroy Lita crusade on 606.

It's probably him.

It would be very hard for a dim poster like Norpig to pull off an only slightly dim character like WGO.
There is no one as dim as yourself bitch tits.
 who opened the zip on your gimp mask Whittam?

48Transfer rumours ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Jun 16 2016, 18:54

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Breadman wrote:

5 broken Action Men and a Barbie with one leg and no hair?
I think it would be highly immoral and unfair to rip off Oxford like that.

49Transfer rumours ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Jun 17 2016, 18:02

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nixon saying that we are finally looking active on the transfer front with 3 free transfers (incomings) looking likely. And maybe even a sale

50Transfer rumours ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Jun 17 2016, 18:36

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I think the sale he's intimating is Holding, he's the only one who'll offer positive finances

51Transfer rumours ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Jun 17 2016, 22:32

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I read some gossip that goalkeeper Matt Gilks has been training with us, after his release from Burnley, as a free agent.

I don't usually pass on such gossip but in this case it did sound feasible given that Amos would no doubt be one players wage we would like to lose and also even if we did keep him we had no experience reserve keeper.

Also he's not played hardly at all in the last two years so would think his wage demands would be reasonably affordable if we did have a few quid to spare.

52Transfer rumours ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sat Jun 18 2016, 17:13

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jamie proctor

53Transfer rumours ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sat Jun 18 2016, 17:33

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Ramsay Bolton?

Local lad.

54Transfer rumours ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Jun 20 2016, 12:09

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BN going with Mark Beevers rumour so there's no chance of that happening then.

55Transfer rumours ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Jun 22 2016, 13:36

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Tweet from Iles -

#bwfc target Matt Gilks talking with Rangers today. That might put the kybosh on his move to the Macron...

56Transfer rumours ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Jun 22 2016, 16:08

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Iles is making it damned near impossible to defend him with this garbage. Not that Gilks in talks with Rangers but that he was a "target" in the first place. No one can come here at all until the embargo is lifted and given that we still don't know when or frankly even IF it will be lifted this summer then we can't have any "targets" that are at all realistic.

I appreciate he's passing on what he's heard from either in the club or maybe an agent but surely by now he should know that there's no way we can make any kind of approach to any player yet. I really wish he'd help himself by being a bit less credulous and start actually digging into what the club is actually doing instead of publishing all this speculative stuff with "The BN understands..." or "Sources within the club tell me ..." because that's just covering his ass and not doing his job which should be to ask questions of the club and state openly what responses he gets from the chairman for a start. He also desperately needs to stop citing the steering group as if they were on the board or had some actual power with the club.

Anyway, enough ranting. I just want the damned embargo dealt with and for Phil to have at least some chance of actually strengthening our squad. It doesn't matter what it should do on paper, the reality is that it's a mess and without some fairly urgent rearrangement it doesn't have a chance of being competitive, not even in League One.

57Transfer rumours ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Jun 22 2016, 16:16

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

If you think we are waiting for the embargo to be lifted before talking to players you are being naive, and to be honest if we were waiting for it to be lifted before talking to anyone I would be concerned.
KA appears to be confident that the embargo will be lifted so we have to assume he is in a better position to judge that than anyone else.
The fact that Gilks is talking to Rangers to me strengthens the report that we have had talks with him rather than rubbishes them because he is clearly looking around for a club and if he has roots in the area why wouldn't he talk to us.
Anderson has obviously shown PP enough to convince him the embargo's going to be sorted so there's no reason he can't convince players with the same proviso.

58Transfer rumours ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Jun 22 2016, 16:21

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:Iles is making it damned near impossible to defend him with this garbage. Not that Gilks in talks with Rangers but that he was a "target" in the first place. No one can come here at all until the embargo is lifted and given that we still don't know when or frankly even IF it will be lifted this summer then we can't have any "targets" that are at all realistic.

I appreciate he's passing on what he's heard from either in the club or maybe an agent but surely by now he should know that there's no way we can make any kind of approach to any player yet. I really wish he'd help himself by being a bit less credulous and start actually digging into what the club is actually doing instead of publishing all this speculative stuff with "The BN understands..." or "Sources within the club tell me ..." because that's just covering his ass and not doing his job which should be to ask questions of the club and state openly what responses he gets from the chairman for a start. He also desperately needs to stop citing the steering group as if they were on the board or had some actual power with the club.

Anyway, enough ranting. I just want the damned embargo dealt with and for Phil to have at least some chance of actually strengthening our squad. It doesn't matter what it should do on paper, the reality is that it's a mess and without some fairly urgent rearrangement it doesn't have a chance of being competitive, not even in League One.

Gilks is a free agent and was on trial with us.

59Transfer rumours ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Jun 22 2016, 16:26

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I mentioned the Gilks 'gossip' 5 days ago - and that included training with us - so it is not unreasonable to think 'contact' with potential targets and / or their agents is taking place in advance of the probable lifting of the embargo sometime this summer.

Fwiw the gossip also incudes Beevers the former Millwall centre back and Proctor the former Bradford striker.

60Transfer rumours ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Jun 23 2016, 16:11

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Matt Taylor is coming home

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 26 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum