Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 1-0 Sheff United - Match Report Post #111

+19
Bolton Nuts
BoltonTillIDie
terenceanne
finlaymcdanger
Natasha Whittam
Number8bus
boltonbonce
doffcocker
Keegan
Jack Russell
Bwfc1958
Norpig
luckyPeterpiper
Boggersbelief
wanderlust
whatsgoingon
scottjames30
MartinBWFC
karlypants
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 8]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster must have gone off supporting Celtic or someone else Scottish. Very Happy

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Hipster must have gone off supporting Celtic or someone else Scottish. Very Happy

He's from Coventry.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I would like to see Walker and Woolery play on Tuesday to see where they are and to see Clough and Clayton back and Taylor get up to speed with ideally a new wideman and a striker in on loan, because the team we put out on Saturday looked like a containment team with little attacking threat and must have given Sheff Utd a boost.
 I would like to put a team out that says we are going to come at you and ask you questions and let teams worry about us instead of letting them think we're worried about them.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

whatsgoingon wrote:because the team we put out on Saturday looked like a containment team with little attacking threat and must have given Sheff Utd a boost.

:facepalm:

Yes, because all out attack with a shite defence has worked wonders in recent seasons.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
whatsgoingon wrote:because the team we put out on Saturday looked like a containment team with little attacking threat and must have given Sheff Utd a boost.

:facepalm:

Yes, because all out attack with a shite defence has worked wonders in recent seasons.
Not saying all out attack, I'm advocating an attacking threat which we didn't have. Barring the goal and a Pratley header there was little threat and they were both from set pieces.
I'm chuffed with the start but just saying we should be letting teams worry about our attack especially at home.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

whatsgoingon wrote:
Not saying all out attack, I'm advocating an attacking threat which we didn't have. Barring the goal and a Pratley header there was little threat and they were both from set pieces.
I'm chuffed with the start but just saying we should be letting teams worry about our attack especially at home.

We beat the pre-season favourites and kept a clean sheet.

Some folk are never happy.

If Lennon had been in charge we'd have lost 4-1.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:which was a win against one of the favourites to go up. Don't know why people cant just enjoy the rare win and solid performance

I've enjoyed it. Great game, great day.

Hipster, Terrance, LPP......where are ya????
I was working quite literally all weekend (in Birmingham of all places) and couldn't even follow the game via radio nuts but this is a fabulous result and a terrific start for Phil. Not only that but I predicted the goalscorer! Me! I actually got one right! I can't remember the last time I got the right result and correct first scorer. Smile  Cool What a Face Very Happy Very Happy

An incredibly encouraging start. I won't get carried away because it's one game but from everything I've read and the highlights I've seen it really was a solid performance and we deserved the three points. Good start Phil. :clap: :good:

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
y2johnny wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Loving Nat's unbridled optimism but here in the armchair it did feel like there's still a lot of work to be done, the style is a bit Megsonesque and that there's still a nagging worry especially as they had a couple of gilt-edged chances to change the story so I think everyone has made valid arguments. We just didn't dominate like champions-in-waiting - which we couldn't expect but could hope for. Early days.
rather megsonesque than freedmanesque or coyleesque or lennonesque
Exactly.
Wondering how long Parky's got before the fans start to get on his back over his playing style? I reckon that everyone will keep quiet until we lose a few and then we all know where that leads to.

He's had ONE game in charge ffs!

Rolling Eyes
You should have a look at our recent history regarding the relationship between manager and fans if you have any doubts whatsoever that they won't turn on him when we lose a few - possibly apart from Lennon who got a fair bit of sympathy for chasing a lost cause.
Obviously I'll support Parky through thick and thin as he's actually trying to address our defensive problems which has been my bugbear with recent managers - but I'm an armchair fan therefore not representative of the average.
But I think I made a fair point.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:which was a win against one of the favourites to go up. Don't know why people cant just enjoy the rare win and solid performance

I've enjoyed it. Great game, great day.

Hipster, Terrance, LPP......where are ya????

Oh I have not forgotten about you ......  unfortunately I was on my way to The New Jersey Shore and could only listen to the first 30 minutes of it on the radio (which had them all over us).
Like most on here the team didn't look very exciting on paper....however they got the job done and apparently put in the effort. So off to a good start......carry it on next Saturday.
Just a side note I notice that Mavies was not quite up to scratch according to Phil and both Clayton & Clough both injured....some things never change. 
No interest in Tomorrows nonsense....Phil can put the reserves in for my money.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Terence, the next game is against Blackpool tomorrow evening. Smile

Edit: Whoops just realised it is a cup game!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum