Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 1-0 Sheff United - Match Report Post #111

+19
Bolton Nuts
BoltonTillIDie
terenceanne
finlaymcdanger
Natasha Whittam
Number8bus
boltonbonce
doffcocker
Keegan
Jack Russell
Bwfc1958
Norpig
luckyPeterpiper
Boggersbelief
wanderlust
whatsgoingon
scottjames30
MartinBWFC
karlypants
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 8]

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

it is KP you're right but until more money makes it's way down the pyramid from the billions the Premier League gets then nothing will change i reckon

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The thread on the boycott is here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Cheeky bastards, we reduced the price for the lower tier to £28 which is £1 cheaper than they charge away fans for Cat A games. How the fuck can they justify the outrage when that's what they charge the hypocritical Yorkshire bastards, so it's OK for them to fleece others (and lets face it even at £28 it's still ridiculous for third tier football) but not for others to fleece them.
This is an old BN article on the subject.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's still expensive for League 1, but needs must.
And anyway they've already bought their allocation and more so most Blades are willing to pay that price it would seem - but there's always some that will complain.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:It's still expensive for League 1, but needs must.
And anyway they've already bought their allocation and more so most Blades are willing to pay that price it would seem - but there's always some that will complain.
2 points:

• those claiming to be outraged by the price will fall into 2 camps IMO, those that moan and pay and come anyway, and those who moan but wouldn't come if it was half the price.
  • If that's what they're charging for away fans at their stadium then the home fans must be paying the same, so that's what they're used to paying.

How do they justify their own prices and what they charge away fans, they are not making any sense.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ref watch: Ross Joyce to take charge of Wanderers' League One opener

Ross Joyce will take charge of Wanderers’ opening 2016/17 Sky Bet League One fixture against Sheffield United at Macron Stadium.

The game will mark the first time the Cleveland based official has overseen a Whites match, having only overseen his first Football League fixture in February 2014.

Becoming a Football League regular last season, Mr Joyce was the man in the middle for 29 games last term, dishing out 106 yellow cards and six red cards.

Stephen Wade and Alix Pashley will run the line, while David Richardson is the fourth official.

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

whatsgoingon wrote:Cheeky bastards, we reduced the price for the lower tier to £28 which is £1 cheaper than they charge away fans for Cat A games. How the fuck can they justify the outrage when that's what they charge the hypocritical Yorkshire bastards, so it's OK for them to fleece others (and lets face it even at £28 it's still ridiculous for third tier football) but not for others to fleece them.
This is an old BN article on the subject.
It says here that category A games are £25 for away supporters. which is correct? Going off the BN's track record it's probably not them. 

Last edited by Bwfc1958 on Thu Aug 04 2016, 16:09; edited 1 time in total

Jack Russell

Jack Russell
David Lee
David Lee

2 - 1 Bolton.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Jack Russell wrote:2 - 1 Bolton.
Wot 'e said.  Wink

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can't wait for this now, I'm starting my preparations now.

Are you getting ready for war?

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

scottjames30 wrote:I can't wait for this now, I'm starting my preparations now.

Are you getting ready for war?

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I think we might get a reality check.

Not necessarily a hammering, but something that sends out the message that we will not walk this league.

Possibly a 0-0.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Preview: Five points ahead of Bolton Wanderers v Sheffield United

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Wanderers host Sheffield United on the opening day of the 2016/17 Sky Bet League One season on Saturday. Here are five key points to look out for at Macron Stadium this weekend...

1. The football is back
Exactly 91 days after a miserable 2015/16 season came to an end, the football is back. With a new season comes new optimism and many Bolton fans across the world will be looking forward to seeing how the side will cope with life back in the third tier of English football for the first time in 24 years.

2. New era
It’s a new era for the club, both on and off the pitch. New owners Ken Anderson and Dean Holdsworth appointed a new manager in Phil Parkinson, who joined from Bradford City back in June. Parkinson brought with him a new set of backroom staff, each of whom will be working the players hard to take the club forward heading into what will hopefully be a successful 2016/17 campaign.

3. Debutants
Opening day also presents Wanderers’ six summer signings with their first chance to make their competitive Whites debuts since signing for the club. And while David Wheater might already be well at home in his ‘new’ surroundings, Mark Beevers, Lewis Buxton, Mark Howard, Jamie Proctor and Chris Taylor will all be eager to make a positive first impression in front of the Bolton faithful.

4. It should be warm!
It might be a risky game predicting the weather at any time of year at Macron Stadium, but one would hope the sun would be out for the opening game of the season. If it isn’t, just remember how cold it can often get in the dark winter months in Bolton and try and enjoy the relative moderate temperatures at this time of year.

5. Large away following
There will be a decent atmosphere inside Macron Stadium come 3pm on Saturday! Such was the demand for tickets from our Bramall Lane counterparts as their own new manager, Chris Wilder, takes charge of his side for the first time, the Blades required an extra allocation to satisfy demands. As such, Sheffield United will be backed by more than 4,300 vocal away supporters this weekend, guaranteeing a lively opening day at BL6! 

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Scouting report: Sheffield United

SUMMER SO FAR…

Heading into their sixth consecutive season as a League One outfit, Sheffield United will be hoping that they have something to celebrate come next May.

Consistently dubbed as one of the major favourites for promotion, the faith shown in the Blades has been vindicated for the most part with them securing a play-off berth in three of the last five campaigns, only to fall at the final hurdle.

However, after finishing eight points adrift of the top six last term, the United hierarchy decided to part ways with manager Nigel Adkins after a solitary campaign under his stewardship.

Sheffield-born Chris Wilder was named his replacement, off the back of helping Northampton Town to the League Two championship title last season, and he has wasted no time in making his mark within the Bramall Lane ranks.

Securing permanent deals with the likes of James Wilson, Jake Wright – who also won promotion to the third tier last season with Oxford – John Fleck, Chris Hussey and Leon Clarke among others, the United boss undoubtedly has one aim in his mind for the coming campaign.

And having enjoyed a relatively successful pre-season, the Blades arrive at Macron Stadium this weekend looking to start as they mean to go on with expectations once again high this term.

RECENT FORM
• W 0-5 – Stockbridge Park Steels (Pre-Season Friendly, 14/7/16)
• W 1-4 – Murcia Regional Representative Squad (Pre-Season Friendly, 14/7/16)
• L 2-0 – FC Halifax Town (Pre-Season Friendly, 19/7/16)
• W 1-3 – Grimsby Town (Pre-Season Friendly, 23/7/16)
• L 0-1  – Derby County (Pre-Season Friendly, 23/7/16)
• W 1-5 – Handsworth Parramore (Pre-Season Friendly, 29/7/16)

THE MANAGER: CHRIS WILDER
Born and bred in the Steel City, Chris Wilder returned to his spiritual home this summer when agreeing to become Sheffield United’s latest manager.

A defender during his playing days, he started his professional career with the Blades back in the mid-1980s following time with Southampton as a youngster, before enjoying stints with Rotherham, Notts County and Bradford City.

Briefly returning to Sheffield United, he saw out his playing days with Brighton & Hove Albion and Halifax Town before taking his first steps into management with Alfreton Town before moving on to Halifax Town. 

Tasting play-off triumph at his next port of call with Oxford United, he linked up with Northampton Town in January 2014, leading the Cobblers to the League Two title last term before departing Sixfields to once again return to Bramall Lane.

CAPTAIN: BILLY SHARP
A prolific goalscorer outside the Premier League, Sheffield United captain Billy Sharp has scored goals consistently throughout his career to date. 

His move to United last summer meanwhile marked something of a full circle for the striker, having been on the books of his hometown club as a youngster. 

Initially unable to make his mark at Bramall Lane, the forward enjoyed two goal-laden seasons with Scunthorpe United, winning League One in 2006/07, before returning to the Blades in 2007. 

Moving on to Doncaster Rovers in 2010 following a successful loan spell with the club, he was on his travels once again two years later with Southampton his next port of call. 

Winning promotion to the Premier League with the Saints, he unfortunately saw his opportunities limited at St Mary’s and, after various loan stints, signed for Leeds United in August 2014. 

After just a solitary season at Elland Road however, he made it a hat-trick of stints the Blades after once again returning to Bramall Lane, scoring 21 goals for the club in all competitions last season.

KEY PLAYER: LEON CLARKE
A recent arrival at Bramall Lane, Leon Clarke will be eager to make an immediate impact for Sheffield United when the Blades travel to Macron Stadium on Saturday.

The forward has proven himself as a prolific League One goalscorer in recent seasons, enjoying goal-laden spells with Scunthorpe United, Coventry City and Bury.

Starting his career with Wolverhampton Wanderers, the 31-year-old also enjoyed permanent stints with Sheffield Wednesday, Queens Park Rangers, Swindon Town and Charlton Athletic before returning Molineux via his time with Coventry.

Having helped Wolves win promotion to the Championship as League One Champions in 2013/14, he joined Bury last summer and scored 18 goals in his solitary year at Gigg Lane. 

Boasting over 100 career goals to his name, Clarke’s record in the third tier prompted Sheffield United to swoop for his signature late last month, bringing him to Bramall Lane for an undisclosed fee.

LAST SHEFFIELD UNITED XI (v Stockbridge Park Steels, W 1-5)
Long, Freeman, Davey, Wright, Wallace, Reed (Whiteman 45), Coutts, Adams, Scougall, McNulty (Brooks 45), Clarke (Gordon 78).

LAST TIME WE MET
Second half goals from Gretar Steinsson and Johan Elmander saw Wanderers record a 2-0 victory the last time they met Sheffield United, hosting the Blades in an FA Cup fourth round tie at the Reebok Stadium back in January 2010.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

60 Second Press Conference:

doffcocker wrote:I think we might get a reality check.

Not necessarily a hammering, but something that sends out the message that we will not walk this league.

Possibly a 0-0.

Yet again, wise beyond your years.

I really, really, really, honestly hope that we'll go out there tomorrow, hit our straps and batter Sheffield Froday about eight nil.

But all the indicators are that it'll be a nervy affair which could well go either way.

It's a new team, managed by a bloke who's only been here two minutes, backed by a fella who a lot of us still don't trust.

Have we got goals in us?

Dunno.

Can we defend properly?

Again, dunno.

This feels like a proper "clean slate" moment - Anything could happen.

Let's hope it all clicks and we can start smiling for a change.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm on public transport this season,so I'll just be happy to get there in one piece.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

boltonbonce wrote:I'm on public transport this season,so I'll just be happy to get there in one piece.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Where's your kid?

Hope he's ok.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The bastard isn't going this season. Said it was a waste of money.

I suppose many would agree.

Fair weather supporter. And a complete bastard. Very Happy

Tell him there's space on my settee.

I'll make him a brew and introduce him to the wonderful world of "The Chatbox" at no extra cost.

It's dead liberating.

You get all the inherent disappointment associated with supporting Bolton (that we all so obviously crave) but without the inconvenience of having to get off your arse and actually trek up there and hand over your cash.

And Mrs B brings pies home from shopping in Bolton at half time.

It's ace.

(And you can also watch the cricket at the same time.)

Just let me know and I'll save you a seat next week.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum