Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NFL's back again.

+18
xmiles
karlypants
observer
wanderlust
Sluffy
Hip Priest
Bread2.0
boltonbonce
Norpig
Fabians Right Peg
finlaymcdanger
Soul Kitchen
Copper Dragon
Natasha Whittam
whatsgoingon
DEANO82
scottjames30
Boggersbelief
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 42 ... 48  Next

Go down  Message [Page 37 of 48]

721NFL's back again. - Page 37 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Thu Jan 14 2021, 18:10

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

luckyPeterpiper wrote:Well, I did say the Browns look good this year and they do but what happened to the Steelers? Did they think they'd won by showing up? I haven't seen a performance that disjointed in post season for years.
You obviously missed our first four games this season! LOL Very Happy

722NFL's back again. - Page 37 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Thu Jan 14 2021, 18:15

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:Well, I did say the Browns look good this year and they do but what happened to the Steelers? Did they think they'd won by showing up? I haven't seen a performance that disjointed in post season for years.
I think the Steelers peaked too early and they struggled towards the end of the season - and the same may apply to the Chiefs and Bills who continued to win for the most part albeit narrowly. Perhaps if you have an excellent season record towards the end it opens the door to complacency and the rhythm goes. I'm particularly concerned about the Chiefs in that department, not only because they were a shadow of their earlier selves towards the end but also because they've not had a competitive match due to the bye.
I just don't think you can turn form just like that so I think they are there for the taking - but you never know with Mahomes and Hill.

723NFL's back again. - Page 37 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Thu Jan 14 2021, 19:52

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

observer wrote:
You obviously missed our first four games this season! LOL Very Happy
I caught some highlights but to be honest I think everyone was a bit 'off' early season, not surprising really given the disruption from Co-Vid and other things. But in terms of a post season performance I really can't remember anyone being that incoherent since the '49ers in the early post Montana and Young years. TBH when I said I thought the Browns might take them I envisaged a tight game won by maybe a field goal not a match where the Steelers would effectively throw the whole thing away inside the first quarter. That missed snap leading to a TD is gonna be on 'Epic Football Fails' compilations for decades.

724NFL's back again. - Page 37 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Thu Jan 14 2021, 20:41

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Quick question, why the fuck do they call it football?

725NFL's back again. - Page 37 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Thu Jan 14 2021, 21:41

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I know Martin. They call Rugby football as well and it baffles me. As to the American Football, I really annoy my friend Mark (he's from San Francisco) by calling it "Rugby in pads with frequent committee meetings." I suggested it's because Americans can't concentrate on anything for more than three conscecutive minutes and they need a commercial break after every play so they can grab another cheeseburger. Maybe that's why Trump was so effective at selling his message. After all a Tweet is about as much as an average yank can read in one go. Very Happy

726NFL's back again. - Page 37 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Sun Jan 17 2021, 21:38

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bonceys Bills won easily against the Ravens and look like they'll be playing the Chiefs in the AFC Championship game, this could be the year Boncey!

In the NFC the Packers looked good against the Rams and will be tough to beat. I can see them beating whoever wins the other game and going to the Superbowl.

727NFL's back again. - Page 37 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Sun Jan 17 2021, 21:39

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Bonceys Bills won easily against the Ravens and look like they'll be playing the Chiefs in the AFC Championship game, this could be the year Boncey!

In the NFC the Packers looked good against the Rams and will be tough to beat. I can see them beating whoever wins the other game and going to the Superbowl.
I'm getting the multi pack crisps in. Hold on to your hats.

728NFL's back again. - Page 37 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Sun Jan 17 2021, 22:20

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Browns have a chance now as Mahomes has gone off with a possible concussion.

729NFL's back again. - Page 37 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Jan 18 2021, 01:56

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Osi Umeniora is tipping the Ravens to beat the Bills and the Browns to beat the Chiefs in the divisionals.
Go Osi!

730NFL's back again. - Page 37 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Jan 18 2021, 08:46

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Watched a bit of the Saints vs Bucs game last night and expected the Saints to win but woke up to find the Bucs are through! 

Boncey's Bills will be hoping Mahomes can't play next week due to his concussion as if that's the case, then they are bound to win.

731NFL's back again. - Page 37 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Jan 18 2021, 12:33

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Brady still has the class.
Chiefs managed to see the game out OK without Mahomes but he would be a massive loss if he can't play in the championship game.
Packers seem to be sneaking under the radar still, which is surprising seeing as Aaron Rodgers is playing well ATM. Genuinely can't pick an overall winner as it stands - although I'm sure Bonce must be feeling confident Smile

732NFL's back again. - Page 37 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Jan 18 2021, 12:55

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Brady still has the class.
Chiefs managed to see the game out OK without Mahomes but he would be a massive loss if he can't play in the championship game.
Packers seem to be sneaking under the radar still, which is surprising seeing as Aaron Rodgers is playing well ATM. Genuinely can't pick an overall winner as it stands - although I'm sure Bonce must be feeling confident Smile
Hard for a Wanderer to be confident about anything these days. Got a feeling the cup will be raised to my lips, only to be brutally dashed away.

733NFL's back again. - Page 37 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Tue Jan 19 2021, 14:09

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Watched Mahomes concussion over again and TBH I'd be surprised if it keeps him out of the Championship game. That said the Chiefs don't look the team they were, but the defence was great against the Browns running game and their biggest asset is still Andy Reid.

734NFL's back again. - Page 37 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Sun Jan 24 2021, 00:12

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Today's the day Bonce!

735NFL's back again. - Page 37 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Sun Jan 24 2021, 07:49

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Today's the day Bonce!
The snacks are ready.

736NFL's back again. - Page 37 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Sun Jan 24 2021, 23:38

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tom Brady. What a record!
OK - Tampa are owned by the Glazers who also have Man United  in their portfolio, but nonetheless what a job Brady has done - his 11th Superbowl albeit with a strong team around him.
Personally I'll be supporting whoever wins the other game - and TBH I prefer the Chiefs - but if the Bills win it I'll be right behind them in the SB.
Which shows I prefer Bonce to Manure Smile
Unfortunately we're in the middle of moving house so I won't be able to stay up for the game. Good luck D.

737NFL's back again. - Page 37 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Sun Jan 24 2021, 23:39

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:Tom Brady. What a record!
OK - Tampa are owned by the Glazers who also have Man United  in their portfolio, but nonetheless what a job Brady has done - his 11th Superbowl albeit with a strong team around him.
Personally I'll be supporting whoever wins the other game - and TBH I prefer the Chiefs - but if the Bills win it I'll be right behind them in the SB.
Which shows I prefer Bonce to Manure Smile
Unfortunately we're in the middle of moving house so I won't be able to stay up for the game. Good luck D.
Mahomes toe and recovery from concussion will both be tested... but never bet against Brady.

738NFL's back again. - Page 37 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Jan 25 2021, 06:25

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

observer wrote:
... but never bet against Brady.
...or Mahomes for that matter - another one who seems to come good at the business end of the season. Unlucky, Bonce - Bills were great this season.

739NFL's back again. - Page 37 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Jan 25 2021, 08:14

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Watched all of the NFC game and thought the Bucs defence was fantastic again especially in the 2nd half when Brady threw 3 interceptions. Still can't see them beating the Chiefs though.

740NFL's back again. - Page 37 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Jan 25 2021, 08:23

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Watched all of the NFC game and thought the Bucs defence was fantastic again especially in the 2nd half when Brady threw 3 interceptions. Still can't see them beating the Chiefs though.
Tend to agree. We knew the Chiefs had a very pacy attack and Reid's tactical nous but it looks like their defence has stepped up. Never know though.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 37 of 48]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 42 ... 48  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum