Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 3-0 Peterborough - PROMOTED!!!

+21
rammywhite
Keegan
Hip Priest
Chairmanda
Boggersbelief
Jack Russell
xmiles
Cajunboy
Bread2.0
Sluffy
boltonbonce
wessy
Bollotom2014
MartinBWFC
observer
gloswhite
wanderlust
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
BoltonTillIDie
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good performance considering the pressure. Peterborough had a good spell before half-time but the second half was one way traffic.

The defence was again outstanding, as was Madine to be fair.

Once again some Bolton fans spoiled the day though, what sort of bellend runs on the pitch before the end of the game? The club seemed to let the Port Vale pitch invasion go without comment, but they should definitely make examples of the hundred or so twats that ran on before the ref had blown for full-time.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Wow! At the beginning of the season did anyone honestly think we would achieve automatic promotion? And we finished in style.

Now we can all start worrying about next season.

Jack Russell

Jack Russell
David Lee
David Lee

Looking forward to next season, the team line up should be interesting ?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It'll be long ball shite next season. We'll probably tempt Emile Heskey out of retirement.

Parky out.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:It'll be long ball shite next season. We'll probably tempt Emile Heskey out of retirement.

Parky out.

You're over the moon really aren't you

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

observer wrote:Thank you to the mods for another season of Nuts... and a big shout out to Karly for providing us with radio commentary this season.  Have a good summer everyone!
No problem Obs, glad to be able to provide commentary to those unable to hear it by conventional means! Smile

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Woo hoo! We did it. Lots of changes before next season.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Sat outside Neuschwanstein castle, in Bavaria, the one the Disney castle was based on, listening to the link through the portal. 
What an excellent day to remember! Well done the boys

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Phew. Hope not everyone disappears all Summer, at least on wandering minds. Tonight is for celebrating (and stuffing envelopes but that may just be me)

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Oh, and sorry, pressed send to soon...thanks to forum owners and mods for everything this season, you are very appreciated

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Chairmanda wrote:Tonight is for celebrating (and stuffing envelopes but that may just be me)

I'm referring that (and you) to the Parliamentary Ombudsman.

Bribery is illegal, however well-intentioned....

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Well done everyone a really enjoyable day and never really in any doubt, the nobs who ran on before the whistle, were at the south end, so not regulars just glory chasers. Better than we could ever hope for and hopefully a very interesting summer. Thanks to all at Nuts another good year of banter.

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

A remarkably stress free afternoon and not at all what I was expecting. Considering the state the club was in at the beginning of the season big congratulations and thanks go out to Anderson,Parky and the players. I was especially impressed with Josh Vela who stayed out on the pitch on his own, minus his shirt, celebrating with the fans and went out of his way to give everybody who was interested the chance to take a photo of him celebrating with them.
All sorts of questions need answering before the start of next season but just for now I'll sup the 8 cans of Beck's Lager I've just purchased and enjoy the day.
Many thanks to all concerned who have run and maintained this excellent site throughout the season and here's looking forward to season 2017/18 on Nuts (although somebody could perhaps have a quiet word in KP's ear about steering clear of the music threads). Laughing

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Well done to all concerned. I never had any doubt, as the season wound down, that we would earn automatic promotion. Three games ago, I said we would all be laughing at how worried we were after we won the next two games to comfortably qualify, and we have.

Happy Wanderer in Jamaica today, was up before 4am (couple of hours before kickoff) with my Wanderers shirt at the ready willing the lads on to success.

Cheers, all - looking forward to the moving and shaking that will happen over the summer, and the rumours of moneyed consortiums interested in the Whites, and the changes we could make to our squad for a go at the Championship with some investment, will undoubtedly make for some good conversation. 

WE'RE GOING UP!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Far better finish to the season than anyone could have expected. Parky got it spot on today and it would be hard to pick out any player who didn't play their part.
Fantastic end to a tough season. Thanks to all for making Nuts such a good site to visit- the mods for being generous, the contributors for contributions ( even that sad old trout, Nat is forgiven today)) and especially to Karly for doing the radio thing.

I hope that there's plenty of activity over the summer discussing the new signings that we'll need and Parkys decisions on who he's going to offload

And finally-good luck Manda on June 8th- hope you make it into the House!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:Far better finish to the season than anyone could have expected. Parky got it spot on today and it would be hard to pick out any player who didn't play their part.
Fantastic end to a tough season. Thanks to all for making Nuts such a good site to visit- the mods for being generous, the contributors for contributions ( even that sad old trout, Nat is forgiven today)) and especially to Karly for doing the radio thing.

I hope that there's plenty of activity over the summer discussing the new signings that we'll need and Parkys decisions on who he's going to offload

And finally-good luck Manda on June 8th- hope you make it into the House!

I was outside the club shop at 12.30pm, where were you?

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Did it in style in the end, which is most unlike us. great season, enjoyed getting to a few new grounds but seen enough of division 1 for now. Hopefully we can finish mid table and steady the ship next year, although for most that was the aim this season so who knows.  :footy:

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Fabians Right Peg wrote:Did it in style in the end, which is most unlike us. great season, enjoyed getting to a few new grounds but seen enough of division 1 for now. Hopefully we can finish mid table and steady the ship next year, although for most that was the aim this season so who knows.  :footy:
The name of the game next season is "investment."  First is what Ken Anderson can bring in to help us out of the financial crises of the past year (and the current dispute with DeanO and the loan company)... the second is what we can do with the investment in terms of quality players who can be signed to deals that make sense. 

When asked on Sky television today about paying for the celebration tonight, Anderson said, "my pockets are empty."  Well, that may be true, but hopefully he will bring in some investors to help right the ship. 

Parky may not be the best tactician in the world, but he certainly brought in some players who helped us get back up on the first try... Beevers was exceptional and for a team which leaked goals one season ago, we became the top defensive team with Beevers and Wheater.  Then when he sold Clough, he somehow got Morais and ALF, who changed the course of our year in purgatory.  So bravo on some of those choices, and now good luck in getting new investors and using that investment money wisely.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum